SunGard Interview Questions | Glassdoor

SunGard Interview Questions

Updated Apr 10, 2017

Business Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pune (India)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at SunGard (Pune (India)) in September 2016.

Interview

I was contacted by the HR via Naukri.com. I was directly called in for a personal interview. During the interview, I was asked questions based on my resume and some technical questions well. Was given 6 questions, on Excel, to be solved within 30 minutes. the questions were related to Finance.

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Jacksonville, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at SunGard (Jacksonville, FL) in April 2014.

Interview

The process took about 3-4 weeks. 1. Phone Personality Interview with HR. 2. Phone Tech Screen with 3 team members. 3. Skype Interview with Management. Standard Dev personality questions and technical interview questions. No surprises.

Interview Questions

• Tell me a time where you were assigned a difficult project. How did you handle that difficulty   1 Answer

Negotiation

Negotiation was not an option really

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Pune (India)

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at SunGard (Pune (India)) in June 2016.

Interview

I had this interview in June 2016 for Senior Software Engineer.

Like for every experienced interview, Your basic needs to be strong.If you give any silly answers for basic questions, interviewer will loss his/her interest and will take interview as formality and will try to end interview soon.

There were two technical rounds.

First round was more around Java basic and core concepts.It covered OOPs concepts in detail, collections,little over threads.Then J2EE advanced- JSP and Servlet in depth.

Second round was more towards your working knowledge over.Questions were around that only.
    It included configuration of Spring, and different modules which i had covered.
    Later more towards J2EE(Servlet & JSP) in depth questions.

The above two rounds were more of elimination rounds.

Third round was techno managerial.It was more of how and with what you had worked previously.
    How things were in your organisation.How things are done here.It should get over without any issues.

Last round is HR.
    They give good offer. :)

Interview Questions

• Inheritance -, constructor chaining, collections - hashmap internal structure and working , Thread - llifecycle and yield usage,
      J2EE - JSP and Servlet life cycle, JSP to Servlet conversion
      Answer Question

Negotiation

Negotiation went for two days.
    If you are an early joiner,always ask for Joining bonus.

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Pune (India)

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at SunGard (Pune (India)) in July 2016.

Interview

first technical round, interviewer was good, was listening to my answers and not just doing formality.
    Good technical knowledge is needed to crack the interview, after that 2nd technical round happened and after that the 3rd technical and managerial round.

overall experience was good and got a lot more questions for other interviews.

Interview Questions

• collection framework, oops concepts   1 Answer

Java Developer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at SunGard in July 2016.

Interview

Interview process was well organized. I have applied online, there was an initial HR call followed by a technical phone screening. HR people are professional and friendly. They gathered info as much as possible like why are we looking for change, commute distance to office, expected salary range, experience details etc

Technical Business Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Salt Lake City, UT

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at SunGard (Salt Lake City, UT) in August 2015.

Interview

I had a phone interview and an three in-person interviews. Though I was referred in by a SunGard employee, I felt mistreatment from the moment I entered the office. It turns out this position was far more technical than the posting led on and I was asked to do mining on the spot without any context or measure. The first interviewer began asking real personal questions and said if I didn't plan on staying there 10+ years, to "not waste their time".

Senior QA Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pune (India)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at SunGard (Pune (India)) in July 2015.

Interview

I had clear 4 rounds still no update from HR, this all was mostly because of FIS acquired Sungard or no idea. Tried contacting HR but no update. Interview was going on for almost 2 months in which i had cleared the rounds.

Interview Questions

• Will you try to learn Unix commands   1 Answer

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bengaluru (India)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at SunGard (Bengaluru (India)) in September 2012.

Interview

Interview process is 2 technical rounds and 1 hr round. Full process took one day when I attended. Overall it was easy process. Prepare well in basic java OOPS concepts, exceptional handling, Threads, Collection package. Hibernate, spring, struts, servlets basic concepts. Recommend to concentrate more on Java basics and collections used in your previous project. Also check iterators.

Interview Questions

• Explain OOPS concepts and how they are used in your project.   Answer Question

Interview

SunGard only undertakes walk-in recruitment process and doesn't recruit candidates through campus.
    Total of 5 rounds.
    1. Aptitude Test (on 8/03/2016)
    2. Written interview round (on java, c++, testing)
    3. GD (Written test and GD on 23/03/2016)
    4. Technical interview 1 (on 12/04/2016)
    5. Technical interview 2 (on 9/05/2016)
    Very friendly interviewers. They make you very much comfortable for the interview.

Interview Questions

• Every thing from resume. So be clear with the concepts mentioned in resume.   Answer Question
    • Test cases for testing various GUI.   Answer Question
    • Everything related to testing. Strong concepts of testing is required. I was asked questions related to testing as I was interviewed for QA.   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiations.

Business Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at SunGard in February 2012.

Interview

Had two interviews with senior management. Face to face and one after the other. The interview was two hours long. The interview questions were very straightforward; they were not behavior style questions, like I expected, so it was not that difficult of an interview. I received an offer from HR via a telephone call about a week after the interview. I accepted the offer and the salary was in line with my expectations. After submitting all the employment screening paperwork, I started about 3 weeks after the initial interview.