SunGard Interview Questions | Glassdoor

2.9

226 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Senior Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Birmingham, AL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at SunGard (Birmingham, AL).

Interview

Interviewed over the phone with several Principals & Partners of the Consulting/Professional Services area; Quick, yet thorough, questioning and discussions. Final interview with Partner was interesting in that he asked what I can tell him that I haven't already told the other interviewers.

Interview Questions

• Why do you think you should be considered for the Senior Manager role versus the Manager role? Explain prior experience and job functions at SunGard.   1 Answer

Negotiation

Several questions and clarification of what role I was to fill. I mentioned the salary I made as a Director at CSC, yet I was willing to take a salary $22K lower than that job.

IT Consultant Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at SunGard.

Interview

One through the phone and one on person. Both very friendly, on the phone a bit technical but mainly fit interviews and character questions. Very easy going and casual interviews. Beneficial for me to see the offices and workplace and help me decide to join or not.

Interview Questions

• If I have a problem with extensive travelling for seeing clients all over Europe   1 Answer

Internship Interview

Anonymous Employee in Jersey City, NJ

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at SunGard (Jersey City, NJ) in April 2015.

Interview

A few basic technical questions over the phone. I was speaking with a room full of business analyst and a project manager. I had no previous experience working with a .net application but I expressed that I was a quick learn and got the job.

Interview Questions

• How would you identify a logic error?   1 Answer

Business Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Princeton, NJ

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at SunGard (Princeton, NJ) in February 2015.

Interview

Submitted resume through my university's career office. APT held a mixer before the 1st round on-campus interview for both consultant intern wannabes and software engineer intern wannabes. Final round took place in their DC headquarters, with a lunch panel with former interns and a presentation on APT. Very nice people, very positive experience. The company essentially feels like a startup, and it has huge growth opportunities in overseas markets.

Interview Questions

• 5 min fit + 25 min case question for 1st round; repeat that 4 times for the final round.   Answer Question

Systems Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at SunGard.

Interview

The process was very straight forward. Overall it was a positive experience. An employee forwarded my resume to the hiring manager as they knew I was an exact fit for what they needed. I had one interview with the hiring manager and was hired.

Interview Questions

• There were no real difficult questions. Most of the questions were standard - asking about my work experience and how I would handle specific situations.   Answer Question

Negotiation

I was offered what I wanted and took the job. I did not have to negotiate. The benefits offered are typical of a large company.

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ weeks. I interviewed at SunGard.

Interview

First you have to interview with a recruiter via the phone. Once you go through that, you will interview with the hiring manager. After you speak to the hiring manager, you sit in on a panel interview. This process can take a few weeks. The entire process with background check etc. took about 3 weeks to get offer.

Interview Questions

• For technical jobs some managers will ask you to create a mapper file or develop a plan for software.   1 Answer

Negotiation

I did counter offer for more pay and vacation. Vacation was declined however the increase was approved.

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 6+ weeks. I interviewed at SunGard.

Interview

Met an HR representative at a career fair and gave her my resume, she contacted me afterwards recommending that I apply, I applied online, was scheduled a month or so later for four interviews with four different managers on the same day, was offered the position, then completed the background check/drug test.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Salary is set, no negotiation

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at SunGard.

Interview

Very organized HR department. All interviews were scheduled with flexibility and everyone respected the set time. Interview with hiring manager and several team members. Once approved, moved on to interview with HR.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Some, but not much flexibility.

QA Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Jacksonville, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at SunGard (Jacksonville, FL) in August 2014.

Interview

Three interviews that took about 2 months to complete. First one with the hiring manager (phone), the second was with a peer (phone), and the third was with the senior manager (in office video conference). The process took so long, the hiring manager was no longer with the company by the time of the 3rd interview.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at SunGard.

Interview

I applied for the system engineer job through a HR person who contact me via Linkdin profile, it took 3 months to complete the hiring process as there are 2 interviews ,one over the phone and final one F2F. First interview is more technical then last one.