SunGard Interview Questions | Glassdoor

SunGard Interview Questions

Updated Mar 24, 2017

Intern Interview

Application

The process took 3 days. I interviewed at SunGard in April 2011.

Interview

Very easy, applied and was contacted for a phone interview the next day. They asked me to come in as soon as possible and less than 24 hours after the interview they called with an offer.

Interview Questions

• Standard questions about strengths and weaknesses and why i would want to work there.   Answer Question

Operations Technician Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at SunGard.

Interview

Did interview with this company and I can sum it up with one word, "bizarre".
    Arrive to the building with no reception, just buzz to let you in.

Meet the hiring manager, told me to wait in meeting room for 15mins.
    In the middle of interview he keeps getting calls and talk on the phone and when I ask questions he gets really annoyed.
    Really awkward experience

Anyway, decided within the first 5 min that I will definitely not working with this kind of people.

Senior Systems Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Birmingham, AL

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 5+ months. I interviewed at SunGard (Birmingham, AL) in January 2009.

Interview

Answered an add in the paper and it took 4 months for them to offer me a job. It was very disorganized.

Interview Questions

• There was a stupid aptitude test which they don't give any more. Some old fashioned knucklehead insisted on it.   1 Answer

Core Java Developer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at SunGard.

Interview

I consider myself a talented java developer, so applying to this role despite not knowing finance wasn't a concern. The "executive recruiter" emailed me the next day to schedule a phone interview, which elevated my level of interest. She then blew off for our first appointment with no notice. I didn't reach out, but she contacted me again the following week apologizing and asking to reschedule. She then blew me off for the second appointment. I contacted her later that day and asked if she still wanted to speak. She seemed to have never heard of me and took a few minutes to find my resume, which she had clearly looked at for the first time. At this point she mentioned that they were really looking for someone with 5 more years experience. She made it seem like a hard and fast number and not dependent on skill. She may have known I didn't meet this metric if she actually viewed my resume. I realize I am the applying candidate, but its hard to have a positive feeling about their hiring process.

Interview Questions

• Can you explain the projects you've worked on? Have you used "java on the back end"? Seemed to just be putting the job description into question form for the most part.   1 Answer

Technical Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at SunGard (Austin, TX) in September 2015.

Interview

Invited on campus for a behavioral interview. Spoke with a lead engineer about how I would handle scenario X, how did I deal with team members who were troublesome, most difficult challenges and how I overcame them, etc. Then I went to another room and spoke with the recruiter. If I wasn't an idiot, I would have fallen for this person's sales tactics. She worded all her responses carefully to hide the slaveryness of the position, technical consultant, basically a software engineer who goes onsite to other companies and does consulting/implementing a solution for that company.

Fine, whatever. What ticked me off was that at the end of the behavioral section with her, she told me the next step after the current interview was to set me up for an onsite technical interview that would last a day at one of their offices. Pretty standard stuff.

Days passed and I emailed her asking when the interview would be. She mentioned she has already contacted the office to see when they'd be ready to see me. Apparently that office is extremely busy, she says. She would let me know within a week. A week passes, then two. I waited the extra week to contact the recruiter again because I didn't care to work at this wannabe Accenture, but hey, a trip is a trip. She responds saying she still has not heard back and that she'll ask again when that office will be ready to fly me out and interview me.

The next day, a different recruiter from the one I'd been corresponding with all this time emails me with the copy pasted nonsense "Pursuing other candidates who are a better fit for this role." Clearly they just didn't want to deal with interviewing me. All the low stars for this company you see on this site are real. I felt a vibe from the recruiter during the behavioral when I was asking her questions about work life that a SWE is pretty much treated like a worker bee. I would put money on it that turnover is high. Also, to get up the hierarchy to lead manager engineer or whatever the title is is nigh on 10 years. Like any millennial is going to be staying at any company for more than 2, let alone this joke of a company. I should have listened to the cons. They were pretty much all true. Stay away, this is not a company you would be proud to tell you friends and family you work at. You might as well tell them you work at Subway.

Senior Business Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at SunGard (New York, NY) in May 2009.

Interview

The recruiter who contacted me and the hiring manager who interviewed me one on one were both very nice and smart people, but had already formed an opinion of me based on my resume. The entire process focused more on the organization rather than the position and its requirements. I also met with a few representatives of the team who seemed very intelligent, but uninterested in asking me questions about myself.

Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Singapore (Singapore)

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at SunGard (Singapore (Singapore)) in December 2009.

Interview

This was more like a HR one looking more into why, what value addition, goals & objective, strenghths & weakness, tell about yourself, technical & functional proficiency check etc... It was more of a discussion about the position on offer

Trading Positin Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at SunGard (New York, NY) in January 2010.

Interview

The manager asked me abt my trading experience and the strategies I used before. Ask my opinions about the stock market now and how much is the buying power that I wish to have. What is my risk management and trading plan.

Instructional Designer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at SunGard in June 2010.

Interview

Interviewed by company supervior and client supervisor. Very informal interview, but gave me a good overview of job responsibliities. Interviewing with client, too, provided good insigt into the importance of teamwork and customer service and satisfaction.
    Questions asked were fairly easy; tell us about yourself, why do you want to work here, etc.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work here   1 Answer

other offeres, better pay, more challenging.

Consultant Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at SunGard in November 2009.

Interview

Sungard take you through several interviews with different employees. I had one with a senior consultant and the Head of Sales. They generally focused on motivational questions, going through the CV thoroughly.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to join Sungard?   1 Answer