SunGard Interview Questions | Glassdoor

SunGard Interview Questions

Updated Sep 1, 2017

2.9

Interview

SunGard only undertakes walk-in recruitment process and doesn't recruit candidates through campus.
    Total of 5 rounds.
    1. Aptitude Test (on 8/03/2016)
    2. Written interview round (on java, c++, testing)
    3. GD (Written test and GD on 23/03/2016)
    4. Technical interview 1 (on 12/04/2016)
    5. Technical interview 2 (on 9/05/2016)
    Very friendly interviewers. They make you very much comfortable for the interview.

Interview Questions

• Every thing from resume. So be clear with the concepts mentioned in resume.   Answer Question
    • Test cases for testing various GUI.   Answer Question
    • Everything related to testing. Strong concepts of testing is required. I was asked questions related to testing as I was interviewed for QA.   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiations.

Business Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at SunGard in February 2012.

Interview

Had two interviews with senior management. Face to face and one after the other. The interview was two hours long. The interview questions were very straightforward; they were not behavior style questions, like I expected, so it was not that difficult of an interview. I received an offer from HR via a telephone call about a week after the interview. I accepted the offer and the salary was in line with my expectations. After submitting all the employment screening paperwork, I started about 3 weeks after the initial interview.

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at SunGard in May 2016.

Interview

I applied through consultancy agency, appered for F2F interview there were 20 odd candidates. Some quality in depth questions on C# language features like delegates, events, CLR, GC, memory management, oops, asked to write scenario based programs, object oriented design patterns, mvc, IoC, Dependency injection, WCF, SOA etc.
    I asked almost all the questions correctly and confidently, interviewer even ran out of questions and was impressed. It was a good 1 hour interview. Interviwer told me that he is done and he will provide the feedback to HR and HR will get in touch with for further process. Till now I am waiting for HR feedback.

When I followed up with consultancy guys then I came to know about my rejection, I was shocked to see such a non professionalism by a reputed firm.
    Despite of such an outstanding performance they rejected me. I don't know why HR didn't even bother to provide feedback. Its ridiculuos.

Anyway, later on I got a better offer from another reputed software product firm with much better pay and lucrative career opportumity than Sungard/FIS. Thanks for your rejection without which I may not have appeared for other interviews and possibly wouldn't have landed up my dream job.

Interview Questions

• quality in depth questions on C# language features like delegates, events, CLR, GC, memory management, oops, asked to write scenario based programs, object oriented design patterns, mvc, IoC, Dependency injection, WCF, SOA etc   1 Answer

Senior Java Developer Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at SunGard in March 2016.

Interview

Had a telephonic round where interviewer asked basic Java ,spring questions. After that they called me for f2f round. The interview went very well and interviewer told me that there will be a BU round in next week. Since then it's almost a month I haven't heard from them. HR doesn't reply to mail nor to phone call.

UI Lead Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bengaluru (India)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at SunGard (Bengaluru (India)) in March 2016.

Interview

Face to face interview. They asked me few question on UI. They were actually looking out for angular JS candidate and after going through my resume they had called me for interview where i have never specified any angular js exp.

the interviewer said they have got lot of angular js profiles which they will go through and they will contact me back..

Software Developer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Pune (India)

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at SunGard (Pune (India)) in January 2016.

Interview

Round 1:- It will consist of Aptitude test which will have basic maths questions but the number of questions are too high.
    Round 2:- This is technical Aptitude test. it will consist of questions from technology you are applying for
    Round 3: If you clear these 2 technical rounds then you will get a call for technical round in about 10 days. This round will check your basic knowledge of java (for which I applied, for you it might be different) So, they tested everything I know in java (literally)
    Whole core java was covered. though basics, it was long and tiring interview.
    Round 4:-this interview will either be a technical interview or will be taken by the manager for whom who will work if you are hired. Mine was technical so again many many questions on multithreading, jdbc, few on SQL, packages, java.util (collections), java.io (Tree Structure of that package).

If you clear all this you will get a call in about a week. Well it depends on the requirement, If the requirement is urgent then you will get a call next day it self and you will be asked to join immediately.

That is it!

Interview Questions

• how java.io package is designed?   1 Answer

Software Developer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at SunGard.

Interview

Applied on their website, had interview with HR and a technical interview. Waiting for their response. Nice office space, good location. Big company so the interview process is slow, but the people are pleasant

Sales Manager Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at SunGard.

Interview

Quick, 2interviews with managers, one logical test, one hr interview.it was a good timing they were looking to hire quickly.baisc questions about my results, previous sales, type of contact etcetc,,,nice people, enthusiastic environement to start with

Interview Questions

• My motivation,previous success   1 Answer

Specialist - Product Development Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pune (India)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at SunGard (Pune (India)) in February 2016.

Interview

First round was telephonic round. I was shortlisted on the same day and was called up for Managerial round the day after as the HR person told me that they do not want to wait up and the positions needs to be closed ASAP. The 1:1 was a good 1 hour interview with the manager and was told that HR will revert with the interview feedback.
    Till now no response has come.
    Called up HR and the person did not pick up the phone. Later I followed up on email - no responses; and the mobile number is also switched off now. They should reply to the candidate's follow up as they are investing time and energy for the interview process. The candidates are being taken for granted.
    If the candidate is rejected let him/her know.
    Very unprofessional. Hugely disappointed.

Interview Questions

• Question on Core Java, JSF, Struts, iBatis, Hibernate, Indexing, puzzle, Concurrency, Threads, J2EE etc.   Answer Question

Software Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pune (India)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at SunGard (Pune (India)) in March 2016.

Interview

First round is quant aptitude on 8th mar ,it is very easy round. I got selected in that round this process takes 15 days.2nd round is technical test for Java I cleared that round also..they shortlist m and suddenly in 10 min they change their decision an says u are rejected for that test...it is very bad experience for m..In whole that period decision that they are making are very confusing for us...

Interview Questions

• Technical questions on Java..they gives us programming and we have to find an output for that   Answer Question