SunGard Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Sep 1, 2017

2.9

Technical Support Engineer II Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chico, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at SunGard (Chico, CA) in July 2014.

Interview

First there was a phone interview with hr and director. This was followed by a Panel interview; 3 team leads 2 team members. Questions began with meet and greet culture style questions and then moved to database questions.

Interview Questions

• Asked basic sql CRUD query questions.   1 Answer

Client Support Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Geneva, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at SunGard (Geneva, IL).

Interview

HR interview by phone was fine, then a grueling in-person interview with 5 people. 2 of the 5 were jerks and inappropriate. One asked if I liked sports and talked about sports a lot. I guess he wanted to weed out those that don't like sports? He also asked what my life's biggest mistake was. Appalling. The other jerk must have been threatened and insecure about his job. He plopped down in the chair with a chip on his 5 foot tall shoulders and blurted hostile questions at me like I was seen at a scene of a crime.

Interview Questions

• Do you like sports? What sports do you like? What's your favorite team? What's your life's biggest mistake?   Answer Question

Consultant Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at SunGard.

Interview

Very friendly staff. Pretty standard stuff. Resume questions, basic finance questions, and brainteasers. Had a group interview and each interviewer asked a brainteaser. Each interviewer was really nice and easy going. Make sure you know items on your resume and how they translate to you new job. My overall experience was great.

Interview Questions

• They asked a lot of basic finance questions and brainteasers aimed at analyzing your analytical skills.   Answer Question

Technology Interview

Anonymous Employee in Geneva, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at SunGard (Geneva, IL) in May 2014.

Interview

The hiring process was smooth. I was called for an on-site interview, where 7 individuals (sometimes with their subordinates) interviewed me. It was more of test to see my best fit in the company, and most questions where about my interests and academics. The technical questions where more about my under-grad project, as it was the most technical thing on my resume at that point.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at SunGard.

Interview

2 Phone interviews

Interview Questions

Interview

A few interviews are included in this process. First, is a phone interview. Second, is a 1-1 interview. Finally, there's a panel interview. The interview process is both professional and friendly. They really try to have a good understanding of who you are and what you can bring to the company.

Interview Questions

• Why did you leave your previous employer and how does it differ from this position?   Answer Question

Partner Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at SunGard (New York, NY).

Interview

four interviews

Interview Questions

Negotiation

not very flexible

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Jacksonville, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at SunGard (Jacksonville, FL) in April 2014.

Interview

The process took about 3-4 weeks. 1. Phone Personality Interview with HR. 2. Phone Tech Screen with 3 team members. 3. Skype Interview with Management. Standard Dev personality questions and technical interview questions. No surprises.

Interview Questions

• Tell me a time where you were assigned a difficult project. How did you handle that difficulty   1 Answer

Negotiation

Negotiation was not an option really

Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at SunGard (New York, NY) in March 2014.

Interview

Pretty average, run of mill questions. Certain people were definitely not comfortable conducting an interview. You could tell they were not very comfortable in that setting. Human Resource people used a series of questions out of a psychological interviewing guidebook. (they were open in sharing this fact.)

Ambit Risk Intern Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at SunGard in February 2014.

Interview

interviewed on campus, 2 rounds of interviews back to back. both interviews include the usual behaviorial questions, asking about previous experience on the resume, and questions on prob and stats. and yes brain teaserd

Interview Questions

• monty hall problem. then asked what if the host does to process twice   Answer Question