SunGard Interview Questions | Glassdoor

SunGard Interview Questions

Updated Oct 18, 2017

Technical Account Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Denver, CO

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 8 weeks. I interviewed at SunGard (Denver, CO) in January 2011.

Interview

There was a phone interview followed by an in person 'panel' interview.

Interview Questions

• STORAGE questions similar to and around, "What is RAID, can you name some RAID levels, etc?"   Answer Question
    • What are the layers of the OSI model, etc (similar)   Answer Question

Documentation Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pune (India)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at SunGard (Pune (India)) in September 2010.

Interview

The interview process was very quick and handled very professionally. But once declined the offer, the HR attitude was unacceptable.

Interview Questions

• Will you be comfortable working as an individual contributor?   1 Answer

The salary structure was horrible.

Market Data & Applications Support Trainee Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

The process took a week. I interviewed at SunGard (London, England (UK)) in July 2011.

Interview

I applied for this job in June. I got a call from them for first interview.
    Not to mention How rude their HR was on the phone , but anyways I decided to go and try my luck.
    I went through the first interview and it was quite easy. Then I got a second interview within a week and it went well as well. After that I had to wait two week to find out that I was not selected.
    People there were grumpy and looked torned out.
    I find this company very unproffessions. Receptions is grumpy and extremelly rude.
    Seriously DO NOT WASTE YOUR TIME! Find a better place to go.
    There are so many better jobs out there!

IT Auditor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Wayne, PA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at SunGard (Wayne, PA) in March 2008.

Interview

I had one phone and two in-person interviews with SunGard. The phone interview was with a senior team member and we talked about my aptitude and interest in working in technology audit. It lasted about an hour. My first in-person interview was with the head of the department and three staff members. The questions were relevant to the job with a minimal number of "interviewy" questions. My last in-person interview was with the head of the department and HR. Overall I felt the process was fair and there was adequate communication.

Interview Questions

• What is your experience in operating tools to assess the security of IT networks?   2 Answers

Finance Executive Interview

Anonymous Employee in Pune (India)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at SunGard (Pune (India)) in August 2010.

Interview

Call Interview Offer letter

Negotiation

no such phase

Tax and Compliance Accountant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Philadelphia, PA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at SunGard (Philadelphia, PA).

Interview

The interview was straightforward and easy. It entailed 3 people and the questions were about my work experience

Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at SunGard (London, England (UK)) in August 2012.

Interview

3 interviews, face to face with Director, 2nd with HR, final with Senior management in the US.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Very easy got the salary i asked for after initially pushing back on their first offer.

Account Executive Interview

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at SunGard in May 2011.

Interview

Company purchased former employer and recruited the emploiyees. Given a new quota and continued with same salary.

Operations Tech Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Somerville, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at SunGard (Somerville, MA) in February 2014.

Interview

It was just an HR phone screening and two weeks later a face to face interview. I met two Operations Specialist and they just asked basic technical questions and questions regarding past experiences. They then took me on a tour of the facility and data center itself, thoroughly explained everything the job and facility entailed of and did an excellent job answer all my questions.

At the end of the interview, the Ops Specialists seemed very eager and pleased with the interview and gave me the impression an offer would be coming my way. They said the HR rep would contact me with further actions to take (sign offer letter, drug test, background check, ect). And that's where everything ended. No word from anyone from HR. I email and call several times after and complete dud. This has given me a very negative view of this company and how they operate things. I took a lot of time and effort out of my job to come out and meet them and they weren't even courteous enough to send me a quick email or a call letting me know what was going on. Luckily I received a job offer else where a week after this interview.

Interview Questions

• Ops Specialist: I've heard of SCSI but what is iSCSI?   1 Answer

Account Executive Sales Interview

Anonymous Employee in Parsippany, NJ

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at SunGard (Parsippany, NJ) in February 2013.

Interview

Good, except employer would not allow me to provide notice to current company. Interview process was not easy or considerate of current responsibilities at current employer, but can be worked through. Phone conversation, then face to face, then meeting upper management, Powerpoint presentation, Offer, Drug test, Personality test. Many steps, but reasonable.

Negotiation

It was short. The compensation and opportunity is fair .