SunGard Interview Questions | Glassdoor

SunGard Interview Questions

Updated Feb 19, 2017

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pune (India)

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at SunGard (Pune (India)) in February 2016.

Interview

The interview process consisted 4 rounds - 3 technical and 1 Managerial round.
    Interviewers were friendly.Quality questions asked. I am working in exact same technology they required so even if i didn't gave all answers it was ok.Too much focus on oops in depth knowledge + hands on of angularJs.

Interview Questions

• Difference between- var and dynamic,List & dictionary,is & as keyword,wcf & web services,abstract
      class & interface, service & factory,watch & digest
      stateProvider,routeprovider, ng-view, Can we inject controller like service?
      query to find second lowest record in sql, Query to find specific record if more than 1 records exists which are same,types of triggers, performance tuning in sql,
      Answer Question

Tax Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at SunGard (London, England (UK)).

Interview

Great questions. Good Balance but very refreshing. Not from a management textbook. Very relevant and probing. Interested in my answers and understanding of the subject. Very professional. Looking at my ability to more importantly...my potential.

Interview Questions

• How would you run your role from a management point of view?   1 Answer

Senior QA Interview

Anonymous Employee in Pune (India)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at SunGard (Pune (India)) in July 2012.

Interview

i have interviewd for QA position.
    During interview you need to be very clear & should have good knowledge about the projects which you worked on & mentioned in your CV.
    2 Technical round followed by manger & HR round, after that they asked us to submit the all educational & previous employer docs & then offer released.

Internship Interview

Anonymous Employee in Jersey City, NJ

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at SunGard (Jersey City, NJ) in April 2015.

Interview

A few basic technical questions over the phone. I was speaking with a room full of business analyst and a project manager. I had no previous experience working with a .net application but I expressed that I was a quick learn and got the job.

Interview Questions

• How would you identify a logic error?   1 Answer

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pune (India)

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at SunGard (Pune (India)) in February 2016.

Interview

Process took 2 3 week, Lots of negotiation with salary part. telephonic cleared then half the job is done. quality questions. focused on latest technology. SPA, MVC, angular

nice technicall panel, helps you if you get stucked.

Director asked basic logical bank interest questions. telephonic + machine test+ explaination of test + director round.

Interview Questions

• 1. for vs foreach
      2. Ienumbrale vs iquerable
      delegates
      unit test project
      webapi 2.0 vs wcf
      dbcontext
      IOC DI

code first db first pros n cons
      SPA - Single page app

Machine test: SPA to built page with cascaded dropdown for country,state, city.
      1 Answer

little revision to current ctc

Client Services Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Winterthur (Switzerland)

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at SunGard (Winterthur (Switzerland)) in February 2016.

Interview

I must say it was a very challengin interview. In another language and country than mine. So, I filled the internet application and I got answer same week. Previous to the call with the Managef. They asked me about salary expectation, relocation and notice period. After that, I talked to the Mger for 1h. We spoke about the role, the tasks and about me. As well, he made some technical questions.

Consultant, Front Arena Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at SunGard in November 2015.

Interview

Saw listing on university site, emailed application and documents through.

There was a phone interview which lasted about 15-20 minutes on current market trends and local economic data.

The next round was an assessment day, flew to Johannesburg. Hosted at their offices.

It consisted of a panel interview and exercise which they give you in the morning.

The panel interview is the senior employees and they ask you general interview questions and to arrange priorities of certain things and do three problem solving puzzles.

The exercise is on Excel and Powerpoint. Nothing too hectic

Interview Questions

• Usual tell me about yourself, most interesting thing about studies, your interests etc. Besides from the quizes   Answer Question

Technical Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Jacksonville, FL

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at SunGard (Jacksonville, FL).

Interview

The interview process was long, detailed and exhaustive.
    I met the recruiter at a career event, had a mini interview and was called back after two weeks.
    Second was a phone interview, 30 min long about my interests, experience etc.
    Third in person interview. First i was given a questionnaire 4 questions, logic and programming based. I was given 30 min to finish. Then one of their heads came back and discussed my reasoning and answers and a little bit more about how i would fit the job. Third another interview with another person, head of a team in Chicago, took another 30 min and mostly behaviourial for the last one. Total almost 3 hours.

Interview Questions

• programming: How to write a code in which you want the check digits/ numbers automatically convert into words.   Answer Question

Software Developer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Pune (India)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at SunGard (Pune (India)) in January 2016.

Interview

It was a campus interview process. There were 5 rounds. First round was aptitude test. The test was entirely on quantitative aptitude. The questions were similar to those in R. S. Agarwal book. They selected 74 candidates out of 130 from test for the next round. Second round was group discussion. In GD, candidates have to decide any one topic unanimously and have to present their views on the topic. They selected 41 members from it for the next round. The third round was technical interview. The questions were based on resume, sql (ACID properties, Joins, diff. between mysql and mongodb), projects, 1 problem statement like check the string is palindrome or not (solve using pen paper, they just want logic and pseudo code). They selected 16 candidates for the next round. 4th round was again technical come hr round. Some questions were based on projects. It was very easy round. Only basic technical knowledge is sufficient. They selected 11 candidates for the next round. The next round was purely hr interview and was just a formality. Sungard selected all 11 candidates from hr interview.

Financial Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Belgrade (Serbia)

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at SunGard (Belgrade (Serbia)) in June 2015.

Interview

Skype interview with a company person from USA.

Before that I did a test in the company office, and then I was scheduled for the second interview phase, which is a Skype interview. The interview was technical and general finance (and some IT) questions.

Interview Questions

• He asked me about stochastic processes and Ito integral. At the moment I could't explain those with confidence, so later he asked me easier questions, about stocks, bonds, value at risk, etc. Finally he asked ma about a game with dice tossing:

You are playing a game, in which you roll a fair, 6-sided die. If you roll x, you get x dollars.
      1 - How much would you pay for this game?
      2 - Pretend that you can reroll if you’re not satisfied with the first roll, but that you must accept the result of the second roll. Now how much would you pay for this game?
      3- What if you can reroll up to two times? How much would you pay?
      1 Answer