SunGard Interview Questions | Glassdoor

SunGard Interview Questions

Updated Jun 26, 2017

Operations Tech Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Somerville, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at SunGard (Somerville, MA) in February 2014.

Interview

It was just an HR phone screening and two weeks later a face to face interview. I met two Operations Specialist and they just asked basic technical questions and questions regarding past experiences. They then took me on a tour of the facility and data center itself, thoroughly explained everything the job and facility entailed of and did an excellent job answer all my questions.

At the end of the interview, the Ops Specialists seemed very eager and pleased with the interview and gave me the impression an offer would be coming my way. They said the HR rep would contact me with further actions to take (sign offer letter, drug test, background check, ect). And that's where everything ended. No word from anyone from HR. I email and call several times after and complete dud. This has given me a very negative view of this company and how they operate things. I took a lot of time and effort out of my job to come out and meet them and they weren't even courteous enough to send me a quick email or a call letting me know what was going on. Luckily I received a job offer else where a week after this interview.

Interview Questions

• Ops Specialist: I've heard of SCSI but what is iSCSI?   1 Answer

Sales Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at SunGard (New York, NY) in February 2014.

Interview

went through a few phone interviews and then an assessment day with 50 other people. it was in nyc at a hotel lobby. the recruiting firm ran the event. it was a long day, probably 10 hours. had to give several presentations in front of multiple panels. spoke to individuals 1 on 1 as well.

Interview Questions

• where do you see yourself in 5 years   1 Answer

Sales Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at SunGard in January 2014.

Interview

Multiple interviewers and very slow moving. The hr person was difficult to reach and unresponsive. Be prepared for quite a long process even after you've received an offer.

The experience was good overall despite the process. Be aware that all processes are slow moving and tedious on all accounts at this organization.

Human Resources Interview

Interview

Very thorough and professional. Good Follow-Up

Interview Questions

• None were unexpected. Simply talked about former experience and value-add I could bring..   Answer Question

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at SunGard (Calabasas, CA) in November 2013.

Interview

Applied online during the summer for two different positions (listed above).

Was first contacted a month or so later by a recruiter for the Implementation Consultant role. Was asked via email for about salary requirements. Replied to recruiter and didn't hear back. Followed up with recruiter via email and was told the HM was not responding to the recruiter.

A couple months passed and was contacted for the Sr Financial Application Analyst role in Calabasas. Spoke to a different recruiter for 5 minutes or so. He basically asked about employment history and why I was not currently working. Then was scheduled for a phone interview with the hiring manager.

Learned that the role was very different from the description. Basically back office investment accounting and system maintenance for investment management firms whereas the description leaned more towards strict IT and development work. Anyway, the VP of the group was the hiring manager that I spoke to and learned that it was a flat organization. Before ended the call the HM stated that she'd like to bring me in to met a couple members of the team face to face.

There didn't seem to be any communication between HM and recruiter. Recruiter called to follow up and see if I were interested. Told him yes and that the HM said she would call him to schedule the next round.

A couple weeks pass so I follow up with the recruiter to see what is going on. No feedback or communication with this company since that instant.

Interview Questions

• What is your salary requirement (asked before even knowing exactly what the role(s) entail?
      What is your salary history?
      Why have you left previous employers?
      Why are you interested in working here?
      What do you know about investment accounting?
      What do you know about general accounting?
      What do you know about the company?
      Answer Question

Oracle Functional Interview

Anonymous Employee in Wayne, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at SunGard (Wayne, PA) in October 2013.

Interview

First call was with the HR for quick review on the experience and policies. 2nd round is face to face at PA office. Office is very good and awesome ambiance. I had lengthy interview with the Sr Functional Analyst. He questioned very detailed on resume and other func aspects. Overall, it is very much professional. I am waiting for the final round.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

very well and fair !

Interview

Submit resume to HR, go through one round of interview usually and the management will then decide. The interview process doesn't last for too long but it took a very long time for them to send out the offer letter which I do not understand since if they really wanted to hire someone immediately, why didn't they just expedite the whole process?

Interview Questions

• Trivia questions are the most unexpected ones as I would put it   Answer Question

Security Architect Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Philadelphia, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at SunGard (Philadelphia, PA) in September 2013.

Interview

Conducted an initial call with the corporate recruiter who described the position and set up the follow up phone screens. Next was a technical phone screen with the director of the team. Discussed various topics for nearly 90 minutes. A week later I had a second phone screen with another member of the team.

Interview Questions

• You have to design a system that let's each customer log in to see their systems, but not anyone else's. How would you go about designing this? What would you be concerned with from a security perspective?   1 Answer

Tax and Compliance Accountant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Philadelphia, PA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at SunGard (Philadelphia, PA).

Interview

The interview was straightforward and easy. It entailed 3 people and the questions were about my work experience

Ambit Risk and Performance Consultant Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at SunGard in July 2013.

Interview

Applied through university website. First round was a phone interview with HR, mainly about resume. Second round was also a phone interview with a senior consultant in the team. Basically go through the resume and a few probability and statistics questions. It seemed they really want to see how you address a problem and if you are able to articulate your thoughts because this is a client facing position.

Interview Questions

• mainly based on your resume and a few probability and statistics questions   Answer Question