SunGard Interview Questions | Glassdoor

SunGard Interview Questions

Updated Apr 10, 2017

Senior Engineer - Product Development Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at SunGard (London, England (UK)) in December 2012.

Interview

Friendly, quick and communicative. Contacted by their HR department by phone, a face-to-face interview and tour of the office, then received offer of employment all in the space of 2 weeks.

Interview Questions

• Demonstrate programming knowledge on a laptop.   1 Answer

Negotiation

They came in with a lower offer than other role but I like this role better so accepted. With hindsight I should have asked for a higher salary.

Senior Network Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Pune (India)

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at SunGard (Pune (India)) in October 2016.

Interview

Applied, called the back the day after answer scheduled an interview. The interview went extremely well, all my questions were answered fully. Asked about past jobs, my experience with customer service, I was offered a position on the spot.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at SunGard.

Interview

It was easier than I expected. There was aptitude test, GD, technical & HR round. Technical round was based on my CV. HR round was very simple. In GD the topics were simple n didnt require you to be updated with latest knowledge or current affairs.

Interview Questions

• 1- Asked about my final year project
      2-Goal in life
      3-Family background
      4-Willingness to work in flexible shifts
      5-Reason why I should hire you
      6-What can make you quit this job and join new one
      --------------------------------------
      Aptitude was 30 ques to be completed in 45mins.
      Ques were regarding divisibility, ratios, time, percentage, squares, there were 7/8 technical questions.
      Answer Question

Product Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Stamford, CT

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at SunGard (Stamford, CT).

Interview

It was very easy and smooth. I interviewed with two people the first interview, one person on the second interview. I then had a phone interview with the director in which I was offered the position and was sent an official offer letter.

Interview Questions

• How I felt about learning new cash management treasury software given that my experience has been in mortgage software.   1 Answer

Team Lead Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bengaluru (India)

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at SunGard (Bengaluru (India)) in March 2013.

Interview

They themselves did not know what they wanted from the lead.
    They kept me on hold for 5 weeks. Not providing a "yes" or a "no". A company should not take 5 weeks to decide whether they should hire a candidate or not.

Business Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pune (India)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at SunGard (Pune (India)) in September 2016.

Interview

I was contacted by the HR via Naukri.com. I was directly called in for a personal interview. During the interview, I was asked questions based on my resume and some technical questions well. Was given 6 questions, on Excel, to be solved within 30 minutes. the questions were related to Finance.

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Jacksonville, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at SunGard (Jacksonville, FL) in April 2014.

Interview

The process took about 3-4 weeks. 1. Phone Personality Interview with HR. 2. Phone Tech Screen with 3 team members. 3. Skype Interview with Management. Standard Dev personality questions and technical interview questions. No surprises.

Interview Questions

• Tell me a time where you were assigned a difficult project. How did you handle that difficulty   1 Answer

Negotiation

Negotiation was not an option really

Java Developer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at SunGard in July 2016.

Interview

Interview process was well organized. I have applied online, there was an initial HR call followed by a technical phone screening. HR people are professional and friendly. They gathered info as much as possible like why are we looking for change, commute distance to office, expected salary range, experience details etc

Senior QA Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pune (India)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at SunGard (Pune (India)) in July 2015.

Interview

I had clear 4 rounds still no update from HR, this all was mostly because of FIS acquired Sungard or no idea. Tried contacting HR but no update. Interview was going on for almost 2 months in which i had cleared the rounds.

Interview Questions

• Will you try to learn Unix commands   1 Answer

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bengaluru (India)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at SunGard (Bengaluru (India)) in September 2012.

Interview

Interview process is 2 technical rounds and 1 hr round. Full process took one day when I attended. Overall it was easy process. Prepare well in basic java OOPS concepts, exceptional handling, Threads, Collection package. Hibernate, spring, struts, servlets basic concepts. Recommend to concentrate more on Java basics and collections used in your previous project. Also check iterators.

Interview Questions

• Explain OOPS concepts and how they are used in your project.   Answer Question