SunGard Interview Questions | Glassdoor

SunGard Interview Questions

Updated Jun 26, 2017

Account Executive Sales Interview

Anonymous Employee in Parsippany, NJ

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at SunGard (Parsippany, NJ) in February 2013.

Interview

Good, except employer would not allow me to provide notice to current company. Interview process was not easy or considerate of current responsibilities at current employer, but can be worked through. Phone conversation, then face to face, then meeting upper management, Powerpoint presentation, Offer, Drug test, Personality test. Many steps, but reasonable.

Negotiation

It was short. The compensation and opportunity is fair .

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at SunGard.

Interview

Interview personal HR. very friendly atmosphere, you wont come know to which group has requirement and there are chances of continuous rounds for different groups.Interview personal HR. Generally interview format is simple where 3-4 persons with test you on different aspects.HR interview is more of salary negations.The results are hanging for long and decision making process is very slow.But, HR will be in touch of you to let you know status of various rounds.This helps to plan and prepare to whether join or not.

IT Consultant Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at SunGard.

Interview

One through the phone and one on person. Both very friendly, on the phone a bit technical but mainly fit interviews and character questions. Very easy going and casual interviews. Beneficial for me to see the offices and workplace and help me decide to join or not.

Interview Questions

• If I have a problem with extensive travelling for seeing clients all over Europe   1 Answer

Inside Sales Executive Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in City of London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at SunGard (City of London, England (UK)) in April 2015.

Interview

Applied online, was contacted within a few days for a telephone interview. After the interview, was sent an online personality test to see whether I would be suitable for the role. After the test, was contacted on the same day, and was successful for the next round of face to face interview in their Canary Wharf office. Travelled down to London all the way taking about 8 hours via car and plane. After the interview had to come back on the same day. Four days later, rang to see if I have been successful or not for the assessment centre, because if successful, I would have an overlap with another company's assessment centre. Rang at 10am in the morning, was promised to be called back. At 4pm, rang again to see what is happening, to find out that the person was no longer available in the office. Then it was the weekend, and never heard back from them.

It is disgraceful to see companies doing things this way. Travelled 16 hours there and back for an interview, with no reimbursements whats so ever, and they cannot even make an effort to send an Email back letting you know whether you have been successful or not.

Interview Questions

• Tell me a bit about yourself? Why Sungard? Why the financial services and sales?   Answer Question

Technical Analyst Role Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Belgrade (Serbia)

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at SunGard (Belgrade (Serbia)) in June 2015.

Interview

The chaotic and unprofessional. A person from the human resources that was supposed to talk to me, I not even seen. I immediately talked to the person who is technically oriented and one of the first things he said to me is that my university degree is minus for me because he does not like and respect my college. Then he noticed my age (in CV) and make comment about that too and after that "warm welcome" we move on to the technical part of the interview and all that in a noisy workroom in which there were a few more people, talking and making noise.

Interview Questions

• He asked trivialities like we were at school and like they hire professors and not workers. I did not get any of advanced knowledge questions. Some of these things is normal to forget and no one (normal) do not hold in head all the time.   1 Answer

Customer Support Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at SunGard.

Interview

I applied on-line. The recruiter got back to me one month later. I was asked in and met with two people. They asked about my background and technical skills. I applied for a particular title but when i got the offer, they said the title changed to a different job title which was a bit junior to the original job title.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

The recruiter called me originally because she thought my salary requirement was much higher than they could offer. She gave me the salary range and told me i would receive the highest number in the range.

Programmer Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Malvern, PA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at SunGard (Malvern, PA) in July 2011.

Interview

Is was technical related to educational software after they acquired sct. Easy going group of interviewers. I first had an initial phone screening in which I was asked basic questions about my education and background.

Graduate Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at SunGard (London, England (UK)) in June 2015.

Interview

A first phone interview (about 20 mins) in order to see the potential match between you and the company. Then a few days later I had a longer phone call (about 45 in 1 hour) with a consultant and was asking classical CV and motivation questions (why sungard, why this position, do you know what sungard do, where doyou see yourself in 5 years...)

Unfortunately I didn't make it to the assessment centre,but it was a good experience overall.

Interview Questions

• why sungard, why this position, do you know what sungard do, where doyou see yourself in 5 years...   Answer Question

Senior Business Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Salem, NH

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at SunGard (Salem, NH) in May 2012.

Interview

One on one and group after phone screen. It was neither hard nor arduous. Fairly laid back process which likely was more geared to be a personality fit rather then a skills assessment as I had extensive Wall Street experience prior to coming to SunGard

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sydney (Australia)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at SunGard (Sydney (Australia)).

Interview

- Applied online through the company's website
    - Got a phone call from the HR, it was pretty much a screening call, lasted for almost 20 minutes.
    - Made a phone call with the technical manager. She gave me the chance to go through the different roles I had throughout my career in detail, then she started to talk about the expectations for the role and gave a brief introduction about Sungard and its different business units.Interview lasted for 1 hour.
    - Then made a face-to-face interview with the same technical manager and anther senior developer. Most of the discussion was again about my skills and the projects I worked on throughout my career, with more focus on ASP.net, requirements gathering techniques, software life cycle, and teamwork.
    I was asked to write a SQL query on the white board. Interview lasted for almost 1 hour and a half.

Interview Questions

• What is MVC and how it is different from ASP.NET?
      How would you explain something for people with very limited English speaking listening skills?   Answer Question