SunGard Interview Questions | Glassdoor

SunGard Interview Questions

Updated Apr 10, 2017

Software Developer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Pune (India)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at SunGard (Pune (India)) in January 2016.

Interview

It was a campus interview process. There were 5 rounds. First round was aptitude test. The test was entirely on quantitative aptitude. The questions were similar to those in R. S. Agarwal book. They selected 74 candidates out of 130 from test for the next round. Second round was group discussion. In GD, candidates have to decide any one topic unanimously and have to present their views on the topic. They selected 41 members from it for the next round. The third round was technical interview. The questions were based on resume, sql (ACID properties, Joins, diff. between mysql and mongodb), projects, 1 problem statement like check the string is palindrome or not (solve using pen paper, they just want logic and pseudo code). They selected 16 candidates for the next round. 4th round was again technical come hr round. Some questions were based on projects. It was very easy round. Only basic technical knowledge is sufficient. They selected 11 candidates for the next round. The next round was purely hr interview and was just a formality. Sungard selected all 11 candidates from hr interview.

Financial Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Belgrade (Serbia)

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at SunGard (Belgrade (Serbia)) in June 2015.

Interview

Skype interview with a company person from USA.

Before that I did a test in the company office, and then I was scheduled for the second interview phase, which is a Skype interview. The interview was technical and general finance (and some IT) questions.

Interview Questions

• He asked me about stochastic processes and Ito integral. At the moment I could't explain those with confidence, so later he asked me easier questions, about stocks, bonds, value at risk, etc. Finally he asked ma about a game with dice tossing:

You are playing a game, in which you roll a fair, 6-sided die. If you roll x, you get x dollars.
      1 - How much would you pay for this game?
      2 - Pretend that you can reroll if you’re not satisfied with the first roll, but that you must accept the result of the second roll. Now how much would you pay for this game?
      3- What if you can reroll up to two times? How much would you pay?
      1 Answer

Senior QA Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Pune (India)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a week. I interviewed at SunGard (Pune (India)) in November 2012.

Interview

3 rounds of Interview
    1) Technical
    2) Technical by manager
    3) HR round

Very nice company to work , Excellent colleagues and very helpful.

Love to work in this company and have lot of good friends

Technical Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Pune (India)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at SunGard (Pune (India)) in January 2016.

Interview

easy process for acquiring the position at this Technical position at this prestigious podium , and they are very keen enough to choose the student and very keen enough to check his speaking skills and interaction skills

Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at SunGard (London, England (UK)) in May 2014.

Interview

You first have an telephone interview, then you have an in house interview and then I had to do a large 30 minute presentation in front of the head of professional services. It was great, fun, honest, and easy to go through to be honest. It was not difficult at all.

Interview Questions

• What do you know about the financial markets, what is hedging, what are derivatives, how is the financial market doing, and so forth.   Answer Question

Negotiation

nothing.

QA Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at SunGard in June 2015.

Interview

Two phone calls, the first one was with Hr And after that there was another interview with the manager on the same day. Basic behavioral questions were asked along with questions related to my resume

Graduate Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at SunGard (London, England (UK)) in July 2013.

Interview

I had a personal friend who recomended the company. There was no graduate scheme before. Few people knew about the opportunity. As a result it was not so difficult to go through with it. There was an interview and then assesment centre. There were few tests, not easy at all.

Technical Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at SunGard (Austin, TX) in September 2015.

Interview

Invited on campus for a behavioral interview. Spoke with a lead engineer about how I would handle scenario X, how did I deal with team members who were troublesome, most difficult challenges and how I overcame them, etc. Then I went to another room and spoke with the recruiter. If I wasn't an idiot, I would have fallen for this person's sales tactics. She worded all her responses carefully to hide the slaveryness of the position, technical consultant, basically a software engineer who goes onsite to other companies and does consulting/implementing a solution for that company.

Fine, whatever. What ticked me off was that at the end of the behavioral section with her, she told me the next step after the current interview was to set me up for an onsite technical interview that would last a day at one of their offices. Pretty standard stuff.

Days passed and I emailed her asking when the interview would be. She mentioned she has already contacted the office to see when they'd be ready to see me. Apparently that office is extremely busy, she says. She would let me know within a week. A week passes, then two. I waited the extra week to contact the recruiter again because I didn't care to work at this wannabe Accenture, but hey, a trip is a trip. She responds saying she still has not heard back and that she'll ask again when that office will be ready to fly me out and interview me.

The next day, a different recruiter from the one I'd been corresponding with all this time emails me with the copy pasted nonsense "Pursuing other candidates who are a better fit for this role." Clearly they just didn't want to deal with interviewing me. All the low stars for this company you see on this site are real. I felt a vibe from the recruiter during the behavioral when I was asking her questions about work life that a SWE is pretty much treated like a worker bee. I would put money on it that turnover is high. Also, to get up the hierarchy to lead manager engineer or whatever the title is is nigh on 10 years. Like any millennial is going to be staying at any company for more than 2, let alone this joke of a company. I should have listened to the cons. They were pretty much all true. Stay away, this is not a company you would be proud to tell you friends and family you work at. You might as well tell them you work at Subway.

Software Developer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Salem, NH

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at SunGard (Salem, NH) in November 2012.

Interview

It took months of interviewing before I was hired, had at least 6 interviews, It was back and forth, I think they were just stalling until they could get all the internal red tape figured out. The company is so burden with red tape do anything that it takes them for ever to do anything,

Interview Questions

• They as me if the commute would be to long for me.   1 Answer

Team Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tokyo (Japan)

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at SunGard (Tokyo (Japan)).

Interview

Very cold, introductions abrupt and got the feeling I was imposing on the interviewers precious time.
    Seating low and uncomfortable, no drinks provided even though it was over 30C outside.
    Initial impression turned me off the whole process.

Interview Questions

• Have you ever restructured a team ?
      How would you go about doing so ?
      What's the most important things to consider when restructuring ?
      Answer Question