SunGard Interview Questions in New York City, NY | Glassdoor

SunGard Interview Questions in New York City, NY

2.6

Internship Interview

Anonymous Employee in Jersey City, NJ

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at SunGard (Jersey City, NJ) in April 2015.

Interview

A few basic technical questions over the phone. I was speaking with a room full of business analyst and a project manager. I had no previous experience working with a .net application but I expressed that I was a quick learn and got the job.

Interview Questions

• How would you identify a logic error?   1 Answer

Partner Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at SunGard (New York, NY).

Interview

four interviews

Interview Questions

Negotiation

not very flexible

Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at SunGard (New York, NY) in March 2014.

Interview

Pretty average, run of mill questions. Certain people were definitely not comfortable conducting an interview. You could tell they were not very comfortable in that setting. Human Resource people used a series of questions out of a psychological interviewing guidebook. (they were open in sharing this fact.)

Sales Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at SunGard (New York, NY) in February 2014.

Interview

went through a few phone interviews and then an assessment day with 50 other people. it was in nyc at a hotel lobby. the recruiting firm ran the event. it was a long day, probably 10 hours. had to give several presentations in front of multiple panels. spoke to individuals 1 on 1 as well.

Interview Questions

• where do you see yourself in 5 years   1 Answer

Account Executive Sales Interview

Anonymous Employee in Parsippany, NJ

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at SunGard (Parsippany, NJ) in February 2013.

Interview

Good, except employer would not allow me to provide notice to current company. Interview process was not easy or considerate of current responsibilities at current employer, but can be worked through. Phone conversation, then face to face, then meeting upper management, Powerpoint presentation, Offer, Drug test, Personality test. Many steps, but reasonable.

Negotiation

It was short. The compensation and opportunity is fair .

Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 6+ months. I interviewed at SunGard (New York, NY) in June 2012.

Interview

Had multiple(8 face to face and 4 telephonic) interview rounds and 2 lunches with the hiring team. Seems like they really wanted to make sure that they hire someone who is exactly what they need. Overall the process was smooth and everyone was very helpful. Yet, I did not get reimbursed for my travel for interview purposes, which I was been told I would be reimbursed. The process took almost 5 months which was painful. The hiring team was great and people were really smart. For me, I approached senior management via social networking and thus got my interviews. It was very important to impress the management to keep things moving.

Interview Questions

• Explain a database to a 5 year old child.   1 Answer
    • How would you deal with a sensitive client?   1 Answer

Negotiation

There was no negotiation at all. The salary is towards the lower side of average but in this economy, it was ok. I had another offer but in SunGard, learning curve is steep and that was one of my requirements.

Trading Positin Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at SunGard (New York, NY) in January 2010.

Interview

The manager asked me abt my trading experience and the strategies I used before. Ask my opinions about the stock market now and how much is the buying power that I wish to have. What is my risk management and trading plan.

Senior Business Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at SunGard (New York, NY) in May 2009.

Interview

The recruiter who contacted me and the hiring manager who interviewed me one on one were both very nice and smart people, but had already formed an opinion of me based on my resume. The entire process focused more on the organization rather than the position and its requirements. I also met with a few representatives of the team who seemed very intelligent, but uninterested in asking me questions about myself.