SunGard Public Sector Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Interviews at SunGard Public Sector

2.6

Sort:

Software Trainer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at SunGard Public Sector.

Interview

I was interviewed by a conference call from a Human Resources employee and one of the supervisors for the area/team I would be assigned to. Prior to the interview they told me some general information about the job and some of the day-to-day expectations that are not mentioned in their recruiting announcement. I enjoyed the interview and they made me feel relaxed.

Interview Questions

• What characteristics do I show if I am feeling "stressed out?"   Answer Question

Software Developer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Bethlehem, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at SunGard Public Sector (Bethlehem, PA) in March 2016.

Interview

I had an initial phone screen with their HR department headquartered in Chico, CA. Mostly behavioral questions and questions about my resume. Next round was an on-site interview with a project manager. The on-site included a tour of the office and an introduction to some team members. I was asked more about my resume, classes I have taken, projects and assignments I have worked on, hobbies, goals, etc.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a project you have worked on. Do you have any experience working in teams? What interests you in this position?   Answer Question

Software Implementation Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in High Point, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at SunGard Public Sector (High Point, NC) in April 2016.

Interview

Got a phone interview from HR. After that went well, I had a second phone interview with department manager, which was just a quick call to see how I spoke on the phone. Once that went well, I was contacted to schedule a face-to-face meeting where I met with HR first and then department manager and team leader. All interviews were very laid back and the people I met with were very friendly. The questions they asked were pretty much what I was prepared for. For instance, "What experience do you have with public safety?", "What is your background history?", "How are you with travelling?"...

Interview Questions

• How would you handle allowing a server on one domain to communicate with a server on a completely separate domain/network?   1 Answer

Software Quality Assurance Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at SunGard Public Sector.

Interview

Two folks from HR interviewed me first, which seemed like overkill and the questions had nothing to do with if I could do the job. And after all this and a personal interview, HR never bothered to send a letter or email saying I didn't get the position. Very rude.

I met with three gentlemen from the software department and I thought it went well. But I didn't get the position.

Human Resources Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chico, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at SunGard Public Sector (Chico, CA) in February 2016.

Interview

The interview process was quick for me. It was scheduled a week after I was called, and I only went through one interview before I was hired. Simple questions, such as if I had any prior experience, why would I be good for the job, etc.

Interview Questions

• Did I have prior experience? What can I bring to the table? Very typical questions for an interview   Answer Question

Senior QA Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Orlando, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ weeks. I interviewed at SunGard Public Sector (Orlando, FL) in April 2016.

Interview

Very smooth, the best interview experience so far
    I applied online and the got an email from the HR a few weeks later about the job, then there was a call from the HR followed by a call from the qa lead. Then I was called in person to meet the QA manager.
    I have been in the IT industry for 6 years and this by far was the best experience I had in an interview (in fact the entire process)
    They are quick to reply to any question via email , the qa lead and manager are very friendly and they make you feel good at the interview not grill you and make you uncomfortable
    Overall it was a great experience. Unfortunately i was not selected but i will try again if there are such opportunities
    Good luck

Quality Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Lake Mary, FL

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at SunGard Public Sector (Lake Mary, FL) in April 2013.

Interview

Very simple and basic, just know the buzz words, scrum, agile and SDLC.. Read about it on the internet 10 minutes before your interview and it's in the bag

Interview Questions

• Tell me about yourself? What did you do? Where do you see yourself?   Answer Question

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at SunGard Public Sector in November 2010.

Interview

The company conducted at least 12 interviews and seemed to really struggle trying to put together a compensation package to get me in the front door. This should have been the first clue that they were unaccustomed to seasoned veterans in leadership positions. Once landed, I worked extensively with both Sales and Delivery senior leadership to put together plans that more than doubled our delivered business. Unfortunately, SunGard PS is owned by a private equity firm so the investors were going to harvest their returns and let the rank and file compete for what was left.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

The company ended up combining multiple positions to afford (from their perspective) to fund this senior leadership role.

QA Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Lake Mary, FL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at SunGard Public Sector (Lake Mary, FL) in September 2013.

Interview

Panel interview with the SCRUM team and asked a series of questions. Asked to explain past experience and also some behavioral questions. Understand what SCRUM is and how it interjects with the SDLC processes.

Interview Questions

• How would you QA the projector? What is some of your weaknesses, strengths, etc. typical interview questions.   1 Answer

Negotiation

ZERO negotiation

QA Analyst II Interview

Anonymous Employee in Lake Mary, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at SunGard Public Sector (Lake Mary, FL).

Interview

One interview with the QA Manager.

Interview Questions

• Nothing was difficult. Mostly behavioral questions like "What would you say is your biggest weakness?"   Answer Question

Negotiation

I was called and offered the position at more than I had asked for.