SunGard Public Sector Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Feb 16, 2017

2.6

Software Implementation Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in High Point, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at SunGard Public Sector (High Point, NC) in April 2016.

Interview

Got a phone interview from HR. After that went well, I had a second phone interview with department manager, which was just a quick call to see how I spoke on the phone. Once that went well, I was contacted to schedule a face-to-face meeting where I met with HR first and then department manager and team leader. All interviews were very laid back and the people I met with were very friendly. The questions they asked were pretty much what I was prepared for. For instance, "What experience do you have with public safety?", "What is your background history?", "How are you with travelling?"...

Interview Questions

• How would you handle allowing a server on one domain to communicate with a server on a completely separate domain/network?   1 Answer

Senior QA Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Orlando, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ weeks. I interviewed at SunGard Public Sector (Orlando, FL) in April 2016.

Interview

Very smooth, the best interview experience so far
    I applied online and the got an email from the HR a few weeks later about the job, then there was a call from the HR followed by a call from the qa lead. Then I was called in person to meet the QA manager.
    I have been in the IT industry for 6 years and this by far was the best experience I had in an interview (in fact the entire process)
    They are quick to reply to any question via email , the qa lead and manager are very friendly and they make you feel good at the interview not grill you and make you uncomfortable
    Overall it was a great experience. Unfortunately i was not selected but i will try again if there are such opportunities
    Good luck

Software Developer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Bethlehem, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at SunGard Public Sector (Bethlehem, PA) in March 2016.

Interview

I had an initial phone screen with their HR department headquartered in Chico, CA. Mostly behavioral questions and questions about my resume. Next round was an on-site interview with a project manager. The on-site included a tour of the office and an introduction to some team members. I was asked more about my resume, classes I have taken, projects and assignments I have worked on, hobbies, goals, etc.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a project you have worked on. Do you have any experience working in teams? What interests you in this position?   Answer Question

Human Resources Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chico, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at SunGard Public Sector (Chico, CA) in February 2016.

Interview

The interview process was quick for me. It was scheduled a week after I was called, and I only went through one interview before I was hired. Simple questions, such as if I had any prior experience, why would I be good for the job, etc.

Interview Questions

• Did I have prior experience? What can I bring to the table? Very typical questions for an interview   Answer Question

Software Consultant/Trainer Interview

Interview

Had great phone interview. Was pleased to make the trip to office for in person interview. Very laid back and conversation exchanged was positive. Standard questions along with experiences and how I would handle certain situations.

Software Trainer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at SunGard Public Sector.

Interview

I was interviewed by a conference call from a Human Resources employee and one of the supervisors for the area/team I would be assigned to. Prior to the interview they told me some general information about the job and some of the day-to-day expectations that are not mentioned in their recruiting announcement. I enjoyed the interview and they made me feel relaxed.

Interview Questions

• What characteristics do I show if I am feeling "stressed out?"   Answer Question

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3+ weeks. I interviewed at SunGard Public Sector.

Interview

The process consisted of an initial phone interview followed by onsite interview with manager, CIO and other individuals currently in the position being applied for. The interview as very laid back, the people and environment were exceptionally welcoming. Thorough background screening is required but was well coordinated and executed within a reasonable amount of time.

Interview Questions

• Most difficult question, for me, was (and always will be) explaining what I believe I can bring to the company. I never feel that I truly understand everything they are looking for, specifically, and I truly don't like providing broad, generic, cliché explanations.   1 Answer

Negotiation

Salary was negotiable, slightly, other benefits, etc. were structured and non-negotiable

SunGard Public Sector Response

Dec 2, 2014 – Senior Human Resources Generalist

We appreciate your feedback. We take great pride in our recruitment process at SunGard Public Sector. We take the time needed to make sure that the position and the person are a good fit. It has... More

Receptionist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chico, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at SunGard Public Sector (Chico, CA) in February 2014.

Interview

They were very fast at screening me for the position. Within one week of submitting my resume I was called screened and scheduled for an interview. I had several interviews with different Directors and Managers in the company, and really got a feel for everyone before I was hired.

Interview Questions

• In this position the majority of your day will be multitasking between projects and employee needs. How are you qualified to handle this much multitasking?   1 Answer

QA Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Lake Mary, FL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at SunGard Public Sector (Lake Mary, FL) in September 2013.

Interview

Panel interview with the SCRUM team and asked a series of questions. Asked to explain past experience and also some behavioral questions. Understand what SCRUM is and how it interjects with the SDLC processes.

Interview Questions

• How would you QA the projector? What is some of your weaknesses, strengths, etc. typical interview questions.   1 Answer

Negotiation

ZERO negotiation

Quality Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Lake Mary, FL

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at SunGard Public Sector (Lake Mary, FL) in April 2013.

Interview

Very simple and basic, just know the buzz words, scrum, agile and SDLC.. Read about it on the internet 10 minutes before your interview and it's in the bag

Interview Questions

• Tell me about yourself? What did you do? Where do you see yourself?   Answer Question