SunGard Senior Software Engineer Interview Questions | Glassdoor

SunGard Senior Software Engineer Interview Questions

Updated Apr 10, 2017

Anonymous Employee in Pune (India)

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at SunGard (Pune (India)) in June 2016.

Interview

I had this interview in June 2016 for Senior Software Engineer.

Like for every experienced interview, Your basic needs to be strong.If you give any silly answers for basic questions, interviewer will loss his/her interest and will take interview as formality and will try to end interview soon.

There were two technical rounds.

First round was more around Java basic and core concepts.It covered OOPs concepts in detail, collections,little over threads.Then J2EE advanced- JSP and Servlet in depth.

Second round was more towards your working knowledge over.Questions were around that only.
It included configuration of Spring, and different modules which i had covered.
Later more towards J2EE(Servlet & JSP) in depth questions.

The above two rounds were more of elimination rounds.

Third round was techno managerial.It was more of how and with what you had worked previously.
How things were in your organisation.How things are done here.It should get over without any issues.

Last round is HR.
They give good offer. :)

Interview Questions

• Inheritance -, constructor chaining, collections - hashmap internal structure and working , Thread - llifecycle and yield usage,
    J2EE - JSP and Servlet life cycle, JSP to Servlet conversion
    Answer Question

Negotiation

Negotiation went for two days.
If you are an early joiner,always ask for Joining bonus.

Other Interview Reviews for SunGard

Anonymous Employee in Pune (India)

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at SunGard (Pune (India)) in July 2016.

Interview

first technical round, interviewer was good, was listening to my answers and not just doing formality.
    Good technical knowledge is needed to crack the interview, after that 2nd technical round happened and after that the 3rd technical and managerial round.

overall experience was good and got a lot more questions for other interviews.

Interview Questions

• collection framework, oops concepts   1 Answer

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Pune City (India)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3+ weeks. I interviewed at SunGard (Pune City (India)).

Interview

3-4 Rounds, It have slow process, Took me almost a month.
    1. One-Two technical (Most important stuff)
    2. Hr round (Discussion on salary, etc, Mostly telephonic)
    3. MD Round (Logical & Problem solving, Non-Technical)

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at SunGard in May 2016.

Interview

I applied through consultancy agency, appered for F2F interview there were 20 odd candidates. Some quality in depth questions on C# language features like delegates, events, CLR, GC, memory management, oops, asked to write scenario based programs, object oriented design patterns, mvc, IoC, Dependency injection, WCF, SOA etc.
    I asked almost all the questions correctly and confidently, interviewer even ran out of questions and was impressed. It was a good 1 hour interview. Interviwer told me that he is done and he will provide the feedback to HR and HR will get in touch with for further process. Till now I am waiting for HR feedback.

When I followed up with consultancy guys then I came to know about my rejection, I was shocked to see such a non professionalism by a reputed firm.
    Despite of such an outstanding performance they rejected me. I don't know why HR didn't even bother to provide feedback. Its ridiculuos.

Anyway, later on I got a better offer from another reputed software product firm with much better pay and lucrative career opportumity than Sungard/FIS. Thanks for your rejection without which I may not have appeared for other interviews and possibly wouldn't have landed up my dream job.

Interview Questions

• quality in depth questions on C# language features like delegates, events, CLR, GC, memory management, oops, asked to write scenario based programs, object oriented design patterns, mvc, IoC, Dependency injection, WCF, SOA etc   1 Answer

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pune (India)

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at SunGard (Pune (India)) in February 2016.

Interview

Process took 2 3 week, Lots of negotiation with salary part. telephonic cleared then half the job is done. quality questions. focused on latest technology. SPA, MVC, angular

nice technicall panel, helps you if you get stucked.

Director asked basic logical bank interest questions. telephonic + machine test+ explaination of test + director round.

Interview Questions

• 1. for vs foreach
      2. Ienumbrale vs iquerable
      delegates
      unit test project
      webapi 2.0 vs wcf
      dbcontext
      IOC DI

code first db first pros n cons
      SPA - Single page app

Machine test: SPA to built page with cascaded dropdown for country,state, city.
      1 Answer

little revision to current ctc

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at SunGard in August 2015.

Interview

One telephonic, 1 f2f technical and 2 managerial rounds
    After these rounds I got call saying the position has been closed internally and we considering your profile for another process for that the interview process will start again. Worst process ever. No internal communications as such. Happened twice.

Anonymous Employee in Pune (India)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at SunGard (Pune (India)) in April 2011.

Interview

It was a 4 hour process. It was a walk in. So many candidates were there. I had to write 2 programs. I wrote them in C language. One of the program was to write a function that would convert int to string & another function to convert string to int. One more program was to print ascii values of a character input. Lot of time was given to write these programs.

Interview Questions

• I had to write 2 programs. I wrote them in C language. One of the program was to write a function that would convert int to string & another function to convert string to int. One more program was to print ascii values of a character input. Lot of time was given to write these programs.   1 Answer

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Bengaluru (India)

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at SunGard (Bengaluru (India)) in April 2014.

Interview

3 Technical, 1 Onsite round, 2 HR round. Prepare well for the Technical rounds, questions will be asked in depth. Interviewers will expect us write programs for technical F2F. You will be having one Onsite round with US folks.

Technical round - 2F2F, 1 Telephonic
    Onsite Round - Telephonic
    HR - 1F2F, 1 Telephonic.

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Bengaluru (India)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a week. I interviewed at SunGard (Bengaluru (India)) in June 2009.

Interview

Telephonic round followed by 1:1 technical and a round of Manager round and HR round.
    Got a soft copy of offer letter after one of entire process.

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pune (India)

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at SunGard (Pune (India)) in May 2012.

Interview

Apart of technical questions be prepared for aptitude questions as well.

Interview Questions

• Train A
      70 km/h
      9.30 AM

Train B
      50 km/h
      10.00 AM

Total Distance between Pole A and Pole B is 1000 kms
      When both trains will clash with eachother ?
      2 Answers
    • Write a program to find prime numbers between 1 to 100000.

primes = []
      for x in range(1,100000):
          for y in range (2, x-1):
              if x % y == 0:
                  break
          else:
              primes.append(x)
      print "Prime Numbers: ", primes

NOW OPTIMIZE IT. (Yeilling)
      4 Answers