SunGard Software Developer Interview Questions | Glassdoor

SunGard Software Developer Interview Questions

Updated Jan 28, 2017

3.2

Anonymous Employee in Bethlehem, PA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at SunGard (Bethlehem, PA) in May 2016.

Interview

I was called in for a personnel interview based on my resume. After I was selected for a second interview the managers sent me a programming problem to solve and then I presented the same to a team of developers. They got back to me in two weeks with a offer.

Interview Questions

• I was asked to solve a problem in any language I prefer at the end of the interview.   1 Answer
  • How do you solve a problem that you struggle with?   1 Answer

Other Interview Reviews for SunGard

Software Developer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Pune (India)

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at SunGard (Pune (India)) in January 2016.

Interview

Round 1:- It will consist of Aptitude test which will have basic maths questions but the number of questions are too high.
    Round 2:- This is technical Aptitude test. it will consist of questions from technology you are applying for
    Round 3: If you clear these 2 technical rounds then you will get a call for technical round in about 10 days. This round will check your basic knowledge of java (for which I applied, for you it might be different) So, they tested everything I know in java (literally)
    Whole core java was covered. though basics, it was long and tiring interview.
    Round 4:-this interview will either be a technical interview or will be taken by the manager for whom who will work if you are hired. Mine was technical so again many many questions on multithreading, jdbc, few on SQL, packages, java.util (collections), java.io (Tree Structure of that package).

If you clear all this you will get a call in about a week. Well it depends on the requirement, If the requirement is urgent then you will get a call next day it self and you will be asked to join immediately.

That is it!

Interview Questions

• how java.io package is designed?   1 Answer

Software Developer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at SunGard.

Interview

Applied on their website, had interview with HR and a technical interview. Waiting for their response. Nice office space, good location. Big company so the interview process is slow, but the people are pleasant

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pune (India)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at SunGard (Pune (India)) in March 2016.

Interview

First round is quant aptitude on 8th mar ,it is very easy round. I got selected in that round this process takes 15 days.2nd round is technical test for Java I cleared that round also..they shortlist m and suddenly in 10 min they change their decision an says u are rejected for that test...it is very bad experience for m..In whole that period decision that they are making are very confusing for us...

Interview Questions

• Technical questions on Java..they gives us programming and we have to find an output for that   Answer Question

Software Developer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Pune (India)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at SunGard (Pune (India)) in January 2016.

Interview

It was a campus interview process. There were 5 rounds. First round was aptitude test. The test was entirely on quantitative aptitude. The questions were similar to those in R. S. Agarwal book. They selected 74 candidates out of 130 from test for the next round. Second round was group discussion. In GD, candidates have to decide any one topic unanimously and have to present their views on the topic. They selected 41 members from it for the next round. The third round was technical interview. The questions were based on resume, sql (ACID properties, Joins, diff. between mysql and mongodb), projects, 1 problem statement like check the string is palindrome or not (solve using pen paper, they just want logic and pseudo code). They selected 16 candidates for the next round. 4th round was again technical come hr round. Some questions were based on projects. It was very easy round. Only basic technical knowledge is sufficient. They selected 11 candidates for the next round. The next round was purely hr interview and was just a formality. Sungard selected all 11 candidates from hr interview.

Anonymous Employee in Salem, NH

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at SunGard (Salem, NH) in November 2012.

Interview

It took months of interviewing before I was hired, had at least 6 interviews, It was back and forth, I think they were just stalling until they could get all the internal red tape figured out. The company is so burden with red tape do anything that it takes them for ever to do anything,

Interview Questions

• They as me if the commute would be to long for me.   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pune (India)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at SunGard (Pune (India)) in August 2015.

Interview

Easy. But Perl Developers Beware of SunGard as they don't have any work on Perl, They will hire you for Perl but after your joining they will forcefully deploy you on their proprietary language "Vision". and then you will become Vision resource. One of mine friend suffered from this condition. when you will ask for project change they will not allow it.

Interview Questions

• Question related to Perl, Unix commands, database queries.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pune (India)

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. I interviewed at SunGard (Pune (India)) in August 2015.

Interview

Through staffing agency I got a chance to get interviewed in SunGard, Pune.
    The interviewer was very friendly and soft spoken. There are basically three technical rounds.
    1. Initial screening
    2. More situational technical by PM.
    3. By on-site client.

Interview Questions

• Very basic questions to start with. Then in depth(where I got struck permanently). 100% my fault!   Answer Question

Software Developer Interview

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at SunGard in December 2011.

Interview

It took around 30+ days so it is slow,but the internal process involves lots of discussion and authority to clear the candidate and give the final offer.

Interview Questions

• how did you manage the transaction setting up boundaries?   1 Answer

Negotiation

The offer is better than average offered by the industry.you cannot negotiate.

Software Developer Interview

Application

The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at SunGard in February 2011.

Interview

That was a slow process without any proper notification on time.
    You need to follow up the concerned HR again and again for your status.