SunGard Software Engineer Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Mar 24, 2017

3.2

19 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Software Engineer Interview

Interview

It was a rather simple technical interview. They asked about C#, C++, SQL server related programming questions. Also, a little bit more on financial models, such as BS model, some distributions, etc.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for SunGard

Anonymous Employee in Jacksonville, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at SunGard (Jacksonville, FL) in April 2014.

Interview

The process took about 3-4 weeks. 1. Phone Personality Interview with HR. 2. Phone Tech Screen with 3 team members. 3. Skype Interview with Management. Standard Dev personality questions and technical interview questions. No surprises.

Interview Questions

• Tell me a time where you were assigned a difficult project. How did you handle that difficulty   1 Answer

Negotiation

Negotiation was not an option really

Anonymous Employee in North Miami, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at SunGard (North Miami, FL) in March 2012.

Interview

1. Call from HR asking you about current job, basic .net questions and salary aspirations.
    2. If you are able to answer basic HR questions, a second phone interview will follow with software developer manager with .net questions, scrum questions and how to resolve hypothetical problems.
    3. If you passed the phone interview then a personal interview will follow that cover more specific .net questions, scrum methodology questions, debugging techniques, write sample code algorithms to solve sample problems they have, finally you have to identify bugs in c# code and SQL queries.

Interview Questions

• Find logic errors in SQL store procedures   1 Answer

Negotiation

Offer was fast, but I couldn't get more than they offered me. Also, the back ground check takes about 20 days.

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at SunGard.

Interview

2 rounds of technical interview . then followed by hr. Technical interview, question about c/c++. Previous company experience, project question. Reason for change. That was more technical around. First interview taken by 2 senior member of development team, then manager.

Interview Questions

• Asked questions about pointer, virtual function , static function .   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pune (India)

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at SunGard (Pune (India)) in February 2016.

Interview

The interview process consisted 4 rounds - 3 technical and 1 Managerial round.
    Interviewers were friendly.Quality questions asked. I am working in exact same technology they required so even if i didn't gave all answers it was ok.Too much focus on oops in depth knowledge + hands on of angularJs.

Interview Questions

• Difference between- var and dynamic,List & dictionary,is & as keyword,wcf & web services,abstract
      class & interface, service & factory,watch & digest
      stateProvider,routeprovider, ng-view, Can we inject controller like service?
      query to find second lowest record in sql, Query to find specific record if more than 1 records exists which are same,types of triggers, performance tuning in sql,   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sydney (Australia)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at SunGard (Sydney (Australia)).

Interview

- Applied online through the company's website
    - Got a phone call from the HR, it was pretty much a screening call, lasted for almost 20 minutes.
    - Made a phone call with the technical manager. She gave me the chance to go through the different roles I had throughout my career in detail, then she started to talk about the expectations for the role and gave a brief introduction about Sungard and its different business units.Interview lasted for 1 hour.
    - Then made a face-to-face interview with the same technical manager and anther senior developer. Most of the discussion was again about my skills and the projects I worked on throughout my career, with more focus on ASP.net, requirements gathering techniques, software life cycle, and teamwork.
    I was asked to write a SQL query on the white board. Interview lasted for almost 1 hour and a half.

Interview Questions

• What is MVC and how it is different from ASP.NET?
      How would you explain something for people with very limited English speaking listening skills?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Pune (India)

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at SunGard (Pune (India)).

Interview

For Freshers:
    1. Technical round - Basic of Computer Science, General Technical awareness
    2. Coding round, Discussion on a technical topic like how will you build website like Flipkart
    3. Interview with your manager

Interview Questions

• 1. File handling program in C
      2. 32-bit, 64-bit OS diff
      3. Steps in Compilation of a C program   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Pune (India)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at SunGard (Pune (India)) in June 2015.

Interview

There were two rounds one technical of 90 mins approx and second a director's round. Technical was fair enough to judge a core java developer director round was something not that simple to tackle with. Was asked to write a piece of code too in technical round too. Director's round was a round where you need to study more about sungard before you go and be prepared to be stressed as the director is looking out for someone who is damn confident and defends/supports well in arguments put through.

Anonymous Employee in Pune (India)

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at SunGard (Pune (India)) in August 2014.

Interview

There will three technical round after that HR round. First technical round they usually ask basic question about your related technology for which you applied. Second round they asked you questions at depth of the related technology. Third round is managerial round.

Interview Questions

• Simple question they asked. For example if your technology is java, they may ask you what is exception handling.   1 Answer

Software Engineer Interview

Interview

2 different interviews each one constituted of a fit part and a algorithm solving one. Fit was not too long as the most important dimension is to assess whether one can develop software. The interview process was pretty standard where behavioral is not a emphasized on as much as technical ability.

Interview Questions

• Algorithm solving, got tricky. Interviewer wants more to evaluate your though process than the actual result.   Answer Question