SunGard Software Engineer Interview Questions | Glassdoor

SunGard Software Engineer Interview Questions

Updated Jan 17, 2017

3.2

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pune (India)

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at SunGard (Pune (India)) in February 2016.

Interview

The interview process consisted 4 rounds - 3 technical and 1 Managerial round.
Interviewers were friendly.Quality questions asked. I am working in exact same technology they required so even if i didn't gave all answers it was ok.Too much focus on oops in depth knowledge + hands on of angularJs.

Interview Questions

• Difference between- var and dynamic,List & dictionary,is & as keyword,wcf & web services,abstract
    class & interface, service & factory,watch & digest
    stateProvider,routeprovider, ng-view, Can we inject controller like service?
    query to find second lowest record in sql, Query to find specific record if more than 1 records exists which are same,types of triggers, performance tuning in sql,
    Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for SunGard

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Bengaluru (India)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a week. I interviewed at SunGard (Bengaluru (India)) in March 2011.

Interview

a single apptitude and .net written exam , followed by 2 rounds of face to face interviews but different panels. the questions were tough on .net written exam but the people were good and cordial throughout the process

Anonymous Employee in North Miami, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at SunGard (North Miami, FL) in March 2012.

Interview

1. Call from HR asking you about current job, basic .net questions and salary aspirations.
    2. If you are able to answer basic HR questions, a second phone interview will follow with software developer manager with .net questions, scrum questions and how to resolve hypothetical problems.
    3. If you passed the phone interview then a personal interview will follow that cover more specific .net questions, scrum methodology questions, debugging techniques, write sample code algorithms to solve sample problems they have, finally you have to identify bugs in c# code and SQL queries.

Interview Questions

• Find logic errors in SQL store procedures   1 Answer

Negotiation

Offer was fast, but I couldn't get more than they offered me. Also, the back ground check takes about 20 days.

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Belgrade (Serbia)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at SunGard (Belgrade (Serbia)) in September 2010.

Interview

3 interview, frst lasted for 1.5h techincal other 0.5h also tehnical and third busines/personal interview

Anonymous Employee in Pune (India)

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at SunGard (Pune (India)) in August 2014.

Interview

There will three technical round after that HR round. First technical round they usually ask basic question about your related technology for which you applied. Second round they asked you questions at depth of the related technology. Third round is managerial round.

Interview Questions

• Simple question they asked. For example if your technology is java, they may ask you what is exception handling.   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Jacksonville, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at SunGard (Jacksonville, FL) in April 2014.

Interview

The process took about 3-4 weeks. 1. Phone Personality Interview with HR. 2. Phone Tech Screen with 3 team members. 3. Skype Interview with Management. Standard Dev personality questions and technical interview questions. No surprises.

Interview Questions

• Tell me a time where you were assigned a difficult project. How did you handle that difficulty   1 Answer

Negotiation

Negotiation was not an option really

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bengaluru (India)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at SunGard (Bengaluru (India)) in September 2012.

Interview

Interview process is 2 technical rounds and 1 hr round. Full process took one day when I attended. Overall it was easy process. Prepare well in basic java OOPS concepts, exceptional handling, Threads, Collection package. Hibernate, spring, struts, servlets basic concepts. Recommend to concentrate more on Java basics and collections used in your previous project. Also check iterators.

Interview Questions

• Explain OOPS concepts and how they are used in your project.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Pune (India)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at SunGard (Pune (India)) in February 2012.

Interview

It consists of 2 rounds - 1. technical 2. Managerial. Technical round was taken by 2 technical managers. it was an average difficulty level interview. There were questions based on the basic concepts of c++. Object Slicing, entity integrity, probability.

Interview Questions

• c++ basic questions, object slicing and entity integrity.   1 Answer

Software Engineer Interview

Interview

It was a rather simple technical interview. They asked about C#, C++, SQL server related programming questions. Also, a little bit more on financial models, such as BS model, some distributions, etc.

Anonymous Employee in Pune (India)

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at SunGard (Pune (India)).

Interview

For Freshers:
    1. Technical round - Basic of Computer Science, General Technical awareness
    2. Coding round, Discussion on a technical topic like how will you build website like Flipkart
    3. Interview with your manager

Interview Questions

• 1. File handling program in C
      2. 32-bit, 64-bit OS diff