SunGard Software Engineer Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Mar 24, 2017

3.2

19 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Software Engineer Interview

Interview

Went through a round of telephonic interview.
Onsite interview involved a test on OOD concepts,SQL questions and Multithreading and other conceptual questions.

Interview Questions

• The SQL Questions were unexpected.Even though it was a Software Engineer position, I was asked detailed SQL questions on concepts that a Software Engineer do not use on day to day basis.   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for SunGard

Software Engineer Interview

Interview

2 different interviews each one constituted of a fit part and a algorithm solving one. Fit was not too long as the most important dimension is to assess whether one can develop software. The interview process was pretty standard where behavioral is not a emphasized on as much as technical ability.

Interview Questions

• Algorithm solving, got tricky. Interviewer wants more to evaluate your though process than the actual result.   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sydney (Australia)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at SunGard (Sydney (Australia)).

Interview

- Applied online through the company's website
    - Got a phone call from the HR, it was pretty much a screening call, lasted for almost 20 minutes.
    - Made a phone call with the technical manager. She gave me the chance to go through the different roles I had throughout my career in detail, then she started to talk about the expectations for the role and gave a brief introduction about Sungard and its different business units.Interview lasted for 1 hour.
    - Then made a face-to-face interview with the same technical manager and anther senior developer. Most of the discussion was again about my skills and the projects I worked on throughout my career, with more focus on ASP.net, requirements gathering techniques, software life cycle, and teamwork.
    I was asked to write a SQL query on the white board. Interview lasted for almost 1 hour and a half.

Interview Questions

• What is MVC and how it is different from ASP.NET?
      How would you explain something for people with very limited English speaking listening skills?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Pune (India)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at SunGard (Pune (India)) in August 2008.

Interview

On c,pus job. Initial 1:1 technical interview. Follwed by group panel interview

Interview Questions

• What is difference between arraylist and linked list   1 Answer
    • Write, efficient code for extracting unique elements from a sorted list of array. e.g. (1, 1, 3, 3, 3, 5, 5, 5, 9, 9, 9, 9) -> (1, 3,   3 Answers

Negotiation

Be prepred with the technical question

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Sydney (Australia)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at SunGard (Sydney (Australia)) in June 2008.

Interview

general questions regarding your previous job, then technical test. The test was all about C++, common questions about class, inheirtance, polymorphism, overload, override.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

not much space to negotiate, they are quite stingy

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at SunGard (London, England (UK)).

Interview

Applied for a Java developer role and had an initial round of technical interview for 15 mins from the hiring manager. Subsequently was called for a 1:1 interview, where i was asked to write a program with tests.

Anonymous Employee in Pune (India)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at SunGard (Pune (India)) in January 2011.

Interview

You need to send your resume for referral, You will get a call for written test, after this there will be technical interview, after this there will be manger round.

Anonymous Employee in Pune (India)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at SunGard (Pune (India)) in June 2015.

Interview

There were two rounds one technical of 90 mins approx and second a director's round. Technical was fair enough to judge a core java developer director round was something not that simple to tackle with. Was asked to write a piece of code too in technical round too. Director's round was a round where you need to study more about sungard before you go and be prepared to be stressed as the director is looking out for someone who is damn confident and defends/supports well in arguments put through.

Anonymous Employee in Pune (India)

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at SunGard (Pune (India)).

Interview

For Freshers:
    1. Technical round - Basic of Computer Science, General Technical awareness
    2. Coding round, Discussion on a technical topic like how will you build website like Flipkart
    3. Interview with your manager

Interview Questions

• 1. File handling program in C
      2. 32-bit, 64-bit OS diff
      3. Steps in Compilation of a C program   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Interview

It was a rather simple technical interview. They asked about C#, C++, SQL server related programming questions. Also, a little bit more on financial models, such as BS model, some distributions, etc.