SunGard Software Engineer Interview Questions | Glassdoor

SunGard Software Engineer Interview Questions

Updated Jan 17, 2017

3.2

Anonymous Employee in Pune (India)

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at SunGard (Pune (India)) in August 2014.

Interview

There will three technical round after that HR round. First technical round they usually ask basic question about your related technology for which you applied. Second round they asked you questions at depth of the related technology. Third round is managerial round.

Interview Questions

• Simple question they asked. For example if your technology is java, they may ask you what is exception handling.   1 Answer

Other Interview Reviews for SunGard

Anonymous Employee in Jacksonville, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at SunGard (Jacksonville, FL) in April 2014.

Interview

The process took about 3-4 weeks. 1. Phone Personality Interview with HR. 2. Phone Tech Screen with 3 team members. 3. Skype Interview with Management. Standard Dev personality questions and technical interview questions. No surprises.

Interview Questions

• Tell me a time where you were assigned a difficult project. How did you handle that difficulty   1 Answer

Negotiation

Negotiation was not an option really

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bengaluru (India)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at SunGard (Bengaluru (India)) in September 2012.

Interview

Interview process is 2 technical rounds and 1 hr round. Full process took one day when I attended. Overall it was easy process. Prepare well in basic java OOPS concepts, exceptional handling, Threads, Collection package. Hibernate, spring, struts, servlets basic concepts. Recommend to concentrate more on Java basics and collections used in your previous project. Also check iterators.

Interview Questions

• Explain OOPS concepts and how they are used in your project.   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pune (India)

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at SunGard (Pune (India)) in February 2016.

Interview

The interview process consisted 4 rounds - 3 technical and 1 Managerial round.
    Interviewers were friendly.Quality questions asked. I am working in exact same technology they required so even if i didn't gave all answers it was ok.Too much focus on oops in depth knowledge + hands on of angularJs.

Interview Questions

• Difference between- var and dynamic,List & dictionary,is & as keyword,wcf & web services,abstract
      class & interface, service & factory,watch & digest
      stateProvider,routeprovider, ng-view, Can we inject controller like service?
      query to find second lowest record in sql, Query to find specific record if more than 1 records exists which are same,types of triggers, performance tuning in sql,

Anonymous Employee in Pune (India)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at SunGard (Pune (India)) in February 2012.

Interview

It consists of 2 rounds - 1. technical 2. Managerial. Technical round was taken by 2 technical managers. it was an average difficulty level interview. There were questions based on the basic concepts of c++. Object Slicing, entity integrity, probability.

Interview Questions

• c++ basic questions, object slicing and entity integrity.   1 Answer

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Bengaluru (India)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a week. I interviewed at SunGard (Bengaluru (India)) in March 2011.

Interview

a single apptitude and .net written exam , followed by 2 rounds of face to face interviews but different panels. the questions were tough on .net written exam but the people were good and cordial throughout the process

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sydney (Australia)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at SunGard (Sydney (Australia)).

Interview

- Applied online through the company's website
    - Got a phone call from the HR, it was pretty much a screening call, lasted for almost 20 minutes.
    - Made a phone call with the technical manager. She gave me the chance to go through the different roles I had throughout my career in detail, then she started to talk about the expectations for the role and gave a brief introduction about Sungard and its different business units.Interview lasted for 1 hour.
    - Then made a face-to-face interview with the same technical manager and anther senior developer. Most of the discussion was again about my skills and the projects I worked on throughout my career, with more focus on ASP.net, requirements gathering techniques, software life cycle, and teamwork.
    I was asked to write a SQL query on the white board. Interview lasted for almost 1 hour and a half.

Interview Questions

• What is MVC and how it is different from ASP.NET?
      How would you explain something for people with very limited English speaking listening skills?

Software Engineer Interview

Interview

It was a rather simple technical interview. They asked about C#, C++, SQL server related programming questions. Also, a little bit more on financial models, such as BS model, some distributions, etc.

Anonymous Employee in Pune (India)

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at SunGard (Pune (India)).

Interview

For Freshers:
    1. Technical round - Basic of Computer Science, General Technical awareness
    2. Coding round, Discussion on a technical topic like how will you build website like Flipkart
    3. Interview with your manager

Interview Questions

• 1. File handling program in C
      2. 32-bit, 64-bit OS diff
      3. Steps in Compilation of a C program

Anonymous Employee in Pune (India)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at SunGard (Pune (India)) in June 2015.

Interview

There were two rounds one technical of 90 mins approx and second a director's round. Technical was fair enough to judge a core java developer director round was something not that simple to tackle with. Was asked to write a piece of code too in technical round too. Director's round was a round where you need to study more about sungard before you go and be prepared to be stressed as the director is looking out for someone who is damn confident and defends/supports well in arguments put through.