SunGard Interview Questions in United Kingdom | Glassdoor

SunGard Interview Questions in United Kingdom

2.9

27 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Sales Manager Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at SunGard.

Interview

Quick, 2interviews with managers, one logical test, one hr interview.it was a good timing they were looking to hire quickly.baisc questions about my results, previous sales, type of contact etcetc,,,nice people, enthusiastic environement to start with

Interview Questions

• My motivation,previous success   1 Answer

Tax Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at SunGard (London, England (UK)).

Interview

Great questions. Good Balance but very refreshing. Not from a management textbook. Very relevant and probing. Interested in my answers and understanding of the subject. Very professional. Looking at my ability to more importantly...my potential.

Interview Questions

• How would you run your role from a management point of view?   1 Answer

Business Analyst Interview

Interview

Telephone Interview. If successful, then you will be invited to a face-to-face interview with the company and will have 3 tests to do, and that should be the final stage.

Interview Questions

• Why SunGard? Technical questions: What a clearing house? What's the difference between a forward contract and an option. What's the difference between credit risk and market risk? What's object-oriented programming?   Answer Question

Graduate Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at SunGard (London, England (UK)) in July 2015.

Interview

Prepared two online tests one Numerical and one Logical that both needed to be submitted very fast. After received a phone call from a recruiter that asked me some questions about my application. Now waiting for the last part of the process

Graduate Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at SunGard (London, England (UK)) in June 2015.

Interview

A first phone interview (about 20 mins) in order to see the potential match between you and the company. Then a few days later I had a longer phone call (about 45 in 1 hour) with a consultant and was asking classical CV and motivation questions (why sungard, why this position, do you know what sungard do, where doyou see yourself in 5 years...)

Unfortunately I didn't make it to the assessment centre,but it was a good experience overall.

Interview Questions

• why sungard, why this position, do you know what sungard do, where doyou see yourself in 5 years...   Answer Question

Inside Sales Executive Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in City of London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at SunGard (City of London, England (UK)) in April 2015.

Interview

Applied online, was contacted within a few days for a telephone interview. After the interview, was sent an online personality test to see whether I would be suitable for the role. After the test, was contacted on the same day, and was successful for the next round of face to face interview in their Canary Wharf office. Travelled down to London all the way taking about 8 hours via car and plane. After the interview had to come back on the same day. Four days later, rang to see if I have been successful or not for the assessment centre, because if successful, I would have an overlap with another company's assessment centre. Rang at 10am in the morning, was promised to be called back. At 4pm, rang again to see what is happening, to find out that the person was no longer available in the office. Then it was the weekend, and never heard back from them.

It is disgraceful to see companies doing things this way. Travelled 16 hours there and back for an interview, with no reimbursements whats so ever, and they cannot even make an effort to send an Email back letting you know whether you have been successful or not.

Interview Questions

• Tell me a bit about yourself? Why Sungard? Why the financial services and sales?   Answer Question

Inside Graduate Sale Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at SunGard (London, England (UK)) in March 2015.

Interview

Online application
    Telephone Interview: Why Sungard, what are your experience
    Online test: Personality test
    Group assessment Day; Group work and one on one test presentation.

Interview Questions

• Assessment Day

What is your biggest achievement?

Name one famous person you admire?

Group Test 1: In a group decide which famous person should be on the boat and justify why. Only 5 people can make the boat. decide as a group and present to the sales leaders.

Group test 2: As a group come up with a new innovation and present this new idea to the group of sales leaders.

Last, 3 Min presentation explaining why do you want to work in financial sales and why should Sungard select me?   Answer Question

Project Consultant Interview

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took a week. I interviewed at SunGard.

Interview

It was very straight forward. Very nice people too.

The interview took just over 2 hours.

About an hour for technical discussion and c++ written test

Afterwards there was another round of interview that last an hour plus for business knowledge and soft skills.

Overall it was a nice experience.

Graduate Software Developer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at SunGard in August 2014.

Interview

I applied for the role of Graduate Software Developer in the Corporate Liquidity group of the AvantGard team.

The selection process was standard for a role of this kind. First an online test with numerical and logical reasoning questions, then a phone screening with a team manager and a face-to-face interview with a senior consultant and a junior software engineer, a technical/problem solving task with a software engineer and the team manager and a final face-to-face interview with the manager.

The phone screening was just to assess background, personal interests and to get to know each other. The first on site interview consisted of a set of competency-based questions read directly from a standardised list, which made the thing very DDR-like. If you prepare, those are perfectly fine.

The problem solving round consisted of the standard task where you have to design and implement a method to sum two large integer too large to be represented with any basic numeric type. They're not looking for any right answer, they just want to see how you tackle the problem.

The final round was just a friendly chat with the team manager.

Interview Questions

• Who would you consider to be the most influential person in your life?   Answer Question

Senior FIN Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at SunGard (London, England (UK)).

Interview

Had 1st interview in Apr, Head of FP&A said 2nd interviews would be done "quickly", no response until I sent follow up email - got OOO for 2 wks , then in Wk 3 got a random email saying feedback was positive once 1st stage was done would hear back on stage 2... never heard from them since