SunTrust Assistant Branch Manager Interview Questions | Glassdoor

SunTrust Assistant Branch Manager Interview Questions

2.8

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Calhoun, GA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at SunTrust (Calhoun, GA) in November 2014.

Interview

The process is long. There could be as many as 4 steps to go through. An outside agency is used for a phone screen. Once this is complete and you passed the initial screen, you will be contacted for the next step which is the one on one interview. Once this is complete, a panel interview will be given. At this point another one on one interview could be given before a finial decision is made. All contact with be handled through the outside firm. The offer will come in. Once accepted a hire date will be given. This process could take 5 weeks depending on how many candidates are in the pool.

Interview Questions

• What do you think it takes to be an effective manager.   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for SunTrust

Anonymous Employee in Athens, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at SunTrust (Athens, GA).

Interview

Applied online. 1st interview was over the phone. 2nd interview was face-to-face. Job offer came over the phone with HR.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work for SunTrust over other banks in the area?   1 Answer

Negotiation

Quick and easy. Increased offer by 7% and I accepted the same day.

Assistant Branch Manager Interview

Interview

I was interviewed first by an hr recruiter and the follow up interview was conducted by the Area Manager. The branch did not have a branch manager at the time.

Negotiation

There was not any negotiation room. I countered the offer but the hr representative did not budge.

Assistant Branch Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at SunTrust.

Interview

hiring process went well they were good at getting in contact with me in a timely manner. the interview went great. it did not take to long to finish. everything went as i assumed it would go.

Interview Questions

• when was a time that you had to take control of a situation in the office   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at SunTrust (Atlanta, GA) in April 2013.

Interview

Initial contact through a recruiter, then from local management.

Interview Questions

• All very cut and dry stuff. My best advice is to be honest and genuine. The places in this company where those values are still worth something are actually still very good places to work,   Answer Question

Negotiation

There wasn't so much of a negotiation phase as there was an offer to accept or reject. I would be very honest with your compensation expectations, as they tend to not play the "high/low" game without some proof of current compensation. This isn't a place to come in and get a "pay day" initially, but in the right situation, you can earn substantial increases quickly.

Anonymous Employee in Tampa, FL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a week. I interviewed at SunTrust (Tampa, FL) in February 2012.

Interview

STAR method of questioning. Situation, Task, Action, Result. Tell me a time when... What was your Task... What actions did you take.... What was the end result... Give me an example of in-the-action coaching... What is your greatest weekness... How do you try to resolve conflict with a coworker... What has been your greatest success... What led to that success...

Interview Questions

• How do you plan to positively impact the teams already strong performance?   1 Answer

Negotiation

There was no negotiation on my part, the hiring manager pre-negotiated for me and I was offered the highest possible. It was a flat yes or no.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Powder Springs, Cobb, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at SunTrust (Powder Springs, Cobb, GA) in April 2011.

Interview

Unemployment in Ga is hovering over 10% so needless to say I was very excited to land an interview. I was laid off along with several other employees from another bank who was going through financial reorganization. I applied on SunTrust website and was fortunate to receive an invitation for a phone interview. I was even more excited to land a face to face interview.
    I interviewed with the Br. Manager and the Regional Manager. The interview appears to be going well until the Br. Manager asked the Regional Manager if he had any questions for me. The Regional Manager first question was in a very accusatory tone he asked me “Companies do not lay-off their best employees why were you laid-off”. He followed that question with another unbelievable question he asked “with a strong resume as yours why are you applying for a job like this”. I felt like he has no idea what is going on in the job market. Then he said to me I have seen many candidates with similar background to yours fail at this job because they only take the job to get into the company. He said the company policy sates you must remain in a position for a year before a transfer will be approved. He also said to me that I will hate coming to work every day. He made a few more surprising statements which caught by surprise.
    My advice for other candidate is, if you really want to work for Sun Trust in the NE region be prepared for all types of questions…even questions that appear to discredit you.

Interview Questions

• Companies do not lay-off their best employees why were you laid off?   Answer Question
    • Why are you applying for a job like this given your background?   Answer Question

Assistant Branch Manager Interview

Interview

I went through 2 interviews. 1 with the branch manager and one with the area manager they both asked similar questions and it wasn't that bad.

Interview Questions

• How do you handle a lot of task that need to be done in a short time frame?   Answer Question