SunTrust Branch Manager Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Oct 15, 2017

2.7

23 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Branch Manager Interview

Interview

I was contacted by a recruiter for a review of my resume, during which she set me up with my first interview with the Area Manager in person. After that interview I was contacted by the recruiter for an interview with the District Manager over the phone. Two days later I was contacted and offered the job.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

I was put off a few days and then told it was non-negotiable. :(

Other Interview Reviews for SunTrust

Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at SunTrust (Washington, DC) in September 2016.

Interview

I was very pleased with the interview. While waiting for the Area Manager to begin the interview , every member of the Banking Center introduced themselves to me and engaged in small talk. The interviewer was quite friendly and personable.

Interview Questions

• How do you coach your bankers?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Nashville, TN

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at SunTrust (Nashville, TN) in April 2016.

Interview

Moved very quickly form Interview to offer. Follow up was prompt and honest feedback was given. the interview was with a one on one with the Area Manager and a phone interview with the exec VP from Chatt.

Interview Questions

• There was no unexpected question that seemed difficult.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Gainesville, FL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a week. I interviewed at SunTrust (Gainesville, FL) in March 2016.

Interview

Mine was a unique process. I was being groomed to take over a branch as soon as one became available. I still did a formal interview, but it seemed like the job was mine to lose.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you had to coach and under-performing employee.   Answer Question
    • Tell me about a time you had to prioritize competing demands   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chattanooga, TN

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at SunTrust (Chattanooga, TN) in November 2015.

Interview

Very professional. No surprises. Gave me ample time to answer each question. Good back and forth dialogue with interviewer. Gave me great insight into what the position entailed.

Interview Questions

• Lots of questions on sales initiatives and working with others.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Baltimore, MD

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at SunTrust (Baltimore, MD) in March 2015.

Interview

Pretty Easy. Asked about previous experiences. Asked a lot about how I provide the best customer service, and produced at such a high level. Cared more about how I can get more sales than how I can coach the team.

Branch Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at SunTrust.

Interview

interview process was very typical of behavior based questions - they messed my offer 3 times and it took and extra week for them to figure how to fix it.

Interview Questions

• nothing very difficult asked - just behavior based questions   Answer Question

Negotiation

easy

Branch Manager Interview

Application

I interviewed at SunTrust in September 2014.

Interview

I got a call from a recruiter within 24 hours of submitting my application. After the phone screen, it took about 7-10 days before I met with the District area manager and we had a one on one interview. It seemed a bit rush and most of the focus was on sales nor customer service.

Interview Questions

• Tell us one innovative way you would go about acquiring new business.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at SunTrust (Atlanta, GA) in September 2014.

Interview

Asked scripted interview questions from an interview guide. The interviewer was recently promoted and was not comfortable interviewing me with more experience than himself. He was nervous to say the least.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time when you had resistance from an employee and how did you resolve?   1 Answer

Branch Manager Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at SunTrust.

Interview

Very detailed on coaching and development. Standard questions. Personality test, skill test, customer service test. Phone interview, second interview, interview panel. Focus is on sales, service, and coaching. Be very specific with experience.