SunTrust Financial Service Representative Interview Questions | Glassdoor

SunTrust Financial Service Representative Interview Questions

Interviews at SunTrust

2.6

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at SunTrust (Atlanta, GA) in April 2017.

Interview

easy, noting to worry about it , phone call and F2F interview, last with Area manager. was super easy. got the offer but did nt take it ....easy, noting to worry about it , phone call and F2F interview, last with Area manager. was super easy. got the offer but did nt take it

Interview Questions

• steps you took to come up to speed on your last job, and how you successfully ,   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for SunTrust

Anonymous Employee in Memphis, TN

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at SunTrust (Memphis, TN) in October 2008.

Interview

I applied online and submitted info b/c i was referred by an employee. I first had an interview with the HR person. Then she called up the branch where the part time position was open. Drove straight over to branch where i was interviewed for partime representative at an instore location. I should have known that this position was going to be wacko because the other associates were peering into the office as i interviewed. SOOOO ghetto. anywho.. i needed the job so i took it! was hired basically on the spot. Sent a thank you note via email to branch manger and hr manager that i interviewed right after.

Interview Questions

• how would you say your customer service experience is overall?   Answer Question

Negotiation

there was really no negiating since i did not have previous sales experience..

Anonymous Employee in Charleston, SC

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at SunTrust (Charleston, SC) in June 2008.

Interview

Basic hypothetical sales questions.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

No salary negotiation. Either accepted or declined offer.

Anonymous Employee in Lakeland, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at SunTrust (Lakeland, FL) in July 2009.

Interview

You have to apply online. Not the easiest online application process though.

After, I presented myself in person to the branch hiring, they put in a good word for me and I got a call.

An interview was set up with the branch manager, not too bad.

Then, a more in depth hour long phone interview with the hiring recruiter covering everything on my application and discussing details in how I have sold, provided solutions for, and serviced clients in the past.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when you had a difficult client that you could not seem to satisfy and how did you handle it?   1 Answer

Negotiation

At the time there was not any other similar positions available so although I tried negotiating, I did want to loose the opportunity at hand. They affered 24,000 at first & when I reiterated what I earned and considered myself worth she came back with the 28,500.

Anonymous Employee in Rome, GA

Application

The process took 5 days. I interviewed at SunTrust (Rome, GA) in September 2010.

Interview

Completed application online. Pretty standard for the industry. Was surprised there was not much to the "personality test". Received a call from HR rep a few days later. Phone interview was VERY easy. They want to hear you say "uncover needs".

Had interview at branch with manager. It was more of a "If I like you personally" interview. I felt like I got the job because the conversation went well on a personal level. He did ask a few questions about if I thought their goals were attainable.

Simple interview all things considered. Was surprised at the lack of behavioral questions.

Interview Questions

• What do you think of this X dollar deposit goal?   1 Answer
    • Are you comfortable competing with others   1 Answer

Negotiation

Was offered a pretty good deal. Offer seems to be based off of what you were making before.

Financial Service Representative Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at SunTrust in February 2013.

Interview

Got an interview from HR, then interviewed by the area manager.

Interview Questions

• What if you are closing a sale with your client and your teammate is struggling to help an upset client, your teammate asked you to help him with the situation, what would you do?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at SunTrust (Atlanta, GA) in June 2015.

Interview

I was first contacted by the recruiter who was very friendly and was quick to set me up a phone interview the very next day. After the phone interview he called back that same day to let me know that they had liked my phone interview so they wanted me to come in for an interview with the area manager and the store manager the very next morning. The interview started off with basic questions on what my duties were at my current job and they both asked me what I would do in different situations. The toughest part of the interview I would say was going out to the aisles and actually trying to interact with clients. Keep in mind this was an In-store location. They asked that you have a good conversation with them without offering any products until you have spoken to them and have a feeling of what type of product would suit them better. Over all, I felt pretty confident about my interview but have not gotten a call back. I decided to call the recruiter to see if my application had been denied but he said it was still being considered because they had filled the position I had applied for at that location . They said the same thing to my friend and they found her a new opening few days later.

Interview Questions

• If you were given a goal for the month to sell a certain product. How would you achieve that goal?   2 Answers

Financial Services Representative Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at SunTrust in March 2009.

Interview

Basic interview process - phone interview w/hr and then face to face w/hiring manager. The office personality seemed cold and inpersonable.

Interview Questions

• How do you like dealing with someone that is very direct?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Raleigh, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at SunTrust (Raleigh, NC) in January 2009.

Interview

I was first contacted by the recruiter. We did a phone interview and afterwards I was told my information will be forwarded to the hiring manager. I was in process of applying to other job opportunities where I currently worked. So, I was not to worried about the time frame in which I would receive a follow up call. Well, after a couple of weeks I received a call from the recruiter and we scheduled an face-to-face interview. I went to the interview and everything went well. I was very happy the interview I was even introduced to the project manager of the region. Another couple of weeks passed by, and I had almost ruled out the job. However, the very next day I received a call from the recruiter stating that they will love to move on with the hiring process. The next day I took the drug test and submitted my fingerprints. I received my offer letter by email and was set to start at the beginning of the next month (since we had to factor in my two week notice).

Interview Questions

• Name a time where you had to deal with a irrate customer?   Answer Question

Negotiation

I did not negotiate for a higher salary.

Anonymous Employee in Durham, NC

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at SunTrust (Durham, NC) in April 2009.

Interview

Initial phone screening interview, followed by 3 30 minute interviews with management in the regional area assigned. Received an offer within 7 days.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work for SunTrust?   1 Answer
    • Give me a occasion where you were faced with a difficult client?   1 Answer