SunTrust Financial Services Representative Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Jun 13, 2017

2.6

31 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Saint Petersburg, FL

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at SunTrust (Saint Petersburg, FL) in July 2011.

Interview

Initially, I received a voicemail informing me that I had missed a scheduled phone interview that morning. This was a bit confusing in that I had had no contact, phone or otherwise, with anyone from Suntrust to schedule said interview. A new phone interview was scheduled for the following Monday, and ultimately went well.

Moving on to the 1:1 interview. The Branch Manager was running 30 minutes late, and was a bit distracted during the meeting by outside forces. She needed to deal with situations in the branch throughout the interview, causing an hour long interview to be stretched into two hours. All in all, good feelings were felt upon completion, but due to so many candidates, they have not yet made a decision. I'm getting very close to considering it a wash as it has been almost 2 weeks.

Interview Questions

• What would you tell a customer if they requested a service or product not available at Suntrust?   1 Answer

Other Interview Reviews for SunTrust

Anonymous Employee in Kennesaw, GA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a week. I interviewed at SunTrust (Kennesaw, GA) in June 2011.

Interview

I was happy to get a quick response on my application .
    I got an email and a recruiter called me and asked some questions, tested my Spanish level and set up appointments for interviewing on different branches.

Anonymous Employee in Rome, GA

Application

The process took 5 days. I interviewed at SunTrust (Rome, GA) in September 2010.

Interview

Completed application online. Pretty standard for the industry. Was surprised there was not much to the "personality test". Received a call from HR rep a few days later. Phone interview was VERY easy. They want to hear you say "uncover needs".

Had interview at branch with manager. It was more of a "If I like you personally" interview. I felt like I got the job because the conversation went well on a personal level. He did ask a few questions about if I thought their goals were attainable.

Simple interview all things considered. Was surprised at the lack of behavioral questions.

Interview Questions

• What do you think of this X dollar deposit goal?   1 Answer
    • Are you comfortable competing with others   1 Answer

Negotiation

Was offered a pretty good deal. Offer seems to be based off of what you were making before.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Gainesville, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at SunTrust (Gainesville, FL) in August 2010.

Interview

I applied online, and received a phone call a few days later asking if they could schedule me for a phone interview the next day. Phone interview was pretty easy. She then called back the next day and scheduled me for a one on one interview with the bank manager.

The person interview was very relaxed and standard. They told me exactly what they would expect and answered every question I had.

I'm convinced I didn't get the job because it ended up my school schedule was going to end up conflicting a little.

Anonymous Employee in Lakeland, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at SunTrust (Lakeland, FL) in July 2009.

Interview

You have to apply online. Not the easiest online application process though.

After, I presented myself in person to the branch hiring, they put in a good word for me and I got a call.

An interview was set up with the branch manager, not too bad.

Then, a more in depth hour long phone interview with the hiring recruiter covering everything on my application and discussing details in how I have sold, provided solutions for, and serviced clients in the past.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when you had a difficult client that you could not seem to satisfy and how did you handle it?   1 Answer

Negotiation

At the time there was not any other similar positions available so although I tried negotiating, I did want to loose the opportunity at hand. They affered 24,000 at first & when I reiterated what I earned and considered myself worth she came back with the 28,500.

Anonymous Employee in Durham, NC

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at SunTrust (Durham, NC) in April 2009.

Interview

Initial phone screening interview, followed by 3 30 minute interviews with management in the regional area assigned. Received an offer within 7 days.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work for SunTrust?   1 Answer
    • Give me a occasion where you were faced with a difficult client?   1 Answer

Financial Services Representative Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at SunTrust in March 2009.

Interview

Basic interview process - phone interview w/hr and then face to face w/hiring manager. The office personality seemed cold and inpersonable.

Interview Questions

• How do you like dealing with someone that is very direct?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Raleigh, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at SunTrust (Raleigh, NC) in January 2009.

Interview

I was first contacted by the recruiter. We did a phone interview and afterwards I was told my information will be forwarded to the hiring manager. I was in process of applying to other job opportunities where I currently worked. So, I was not to worried about the time frame in which I would receive a follow up call. Well, after a couple of weeks I received a call from the recruiter and we scheduled an face-to-face interview. I went to the interview and everything went well. I was very happy the interview I was even introduced to the project manager of the region. Another couple of weeks passed by, and I had almost ruled out the job. However, the very next day I received a call from the recruiter stating that they will love to move on with the hiring process. The next day I took the drug test and submitted my fingerprints. I received my offer letter by email and was set to start at the beginning of the next month (since we had to factor in my two week notice).

Interview Questions

• Name a time where you had to deal with a irrate customer?   Answer Question

Negotiation

I did not negotiate for a higher salary.

Anonymous Employee in Memphis, TN

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at SunTrust (Memphis, TN) in October 2008.

Interview

I applied online and submitted info b/c i was referred by an employee. I first had an interview with the HR person. Then she called up the branch where the part time position was open. Drove straight over to branch where i was interviewed for partime representative at an instore location. I should have known that this position was going to be wacko because the other associates were peering into the office as i interviewed. SOOOO ghetto. anywho.. i needed the job so i took it! was hired basically on the spot. Sent a thank you note via email to branch manger and hr manager that i interviewed right after.

Interview Questions

• how would you say your customer service experience is overall?   Answer Question

Negotiation

there was really no negiating since i did not have previous sales experience..

Anonymous Employee in Charleston, SC

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at SunTrust (Charleston, SC) in June 2008.

Interview

Basic hypothetical sales questions.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

No salary negotiation. Either accepted or declined offer.