SunTrust FInancial Services Representative III Interview Questions | Glassdoor

SunTrust FInancial Services Representative III Interview Questions

2.0

7 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at SunTrust in August 2015.

Interview

I applied online and was contacted by a recruiter within 2 days. He was excellent and we set up an appointment for the next day. I had the interview with the branch manager and it went very smoothly. I have over 11 years of banking experience and was more than qualified, and that made it easier. Later that day the recruiter called back to set up a phone interview with another manager for later the same afternoon. That lasted 30 minutes and also went very well. Recruiter contacted me the next morning with the offer, and because of my experience it exceeded what he even thought it would be!

Interview Questions

• How would you handle staying organized?   1 Answer

Negotiation

I researched the salaries on Glassdoor and other sights, and had a realistic expectation, but because of my extensive background I asked for a little more. They actually came back a few thousand dollars higher than that. Be realistic and don't ask for an outrageous amount because they won't consider you. Get the job, prove your value and the money will come.

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at SunTrust.

Interview

The usual phone interview from HR, then initial interview with manager, then final interview with area manager. They were very accomodating on the times and locations. Tried to meet where convient for me.

Interview Questions

• There were no surprise. Just study your usual interview "what would you do", or "what have you done" questions.   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiation. They just told me what I would make. Came to find out it was the lowest possible for that postition. You can find pay scaled for different markets on their intranet.

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at SunTrust.

Interview

I had past banking experience so I had cash ordering experience for the vault on the teller line. Also I was familiar with selling and referring bank products. I felt very confident but not cocky and we laughed a lot as well on the interview. It was a simple discussion and felt like a conversation instead of an interview. The follow up interview was with the area manager and she asked about my background and again it felt like a discussion. I felt a little more pressure with the area manager but only because I was so excited. The process happened very fast and I got a call back within a few days with an offer.

Interview Questions

• The area manager was concerned because I was more operations instead of sales.

Just be relaxed, dress professionally, be the part and smile. I found that when I went in completely unprepared and clear headed is when I seem to have the best interviews. I have gone on many interviews because I like to keep my skills sharp, but just be calm, talk slow and clear. Be honest, and keep answers simple because you can "talk yourself out of a job".   1 Answer

Negotiation

I told them my bottom line based on my experience and they met it and even went slightly over what I was expecting. I even tried to negotiate a little bit but the offer they gave me was clearly final.

FInancial Services Representative III Interview

Anonymous Employee in Nashville, TN

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at SunTrust (Nashville, TN) in January 2013.

Interview

First was a phone interview with a few basic questions just to qualify you and make sure you are worth the time to interview. Second was an interview with the branch manager that consisted of your basic interview questions straight off a interview check list they print off. Third was an interview with the area manager. This one was more of a meet and greet to make sure of the BM's selection, and to talk salary expectations to make sure you are all on the same page. Then came the offer followed by a drug test and background check.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a situation in the past where you had to handled an angry customer, and how did you help them leave satisfied and even turn it into a sale.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Offered a range that I would like to be in, and they will tell you if you all are in the same ballpark. They will place your salary on your low end of the range but with bonus it can be more of where you want.

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at SunTrust (Atlanta, GA) in March 2011.

Interview

Before getting hired at SunTrust, they kept sending me to branch after branch to interview. I should have known then that they were pretty much trying to fill in spots and as long as I had some prior financial experience then they would eventually hire me. They ask the standard behavioral questions (Describe a time... How did you handle that... What was the outcome... Etc...) As long as you tell them what they want to hear and sound sincere and can have believable examples to their questions then the job is definitely yours.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time that you had to go above and beyond your normal duties to help a client. What was the situation and how did you handle it? What was the outcome? What could you have done differently?   Answer Question

FInancial Services Representative III Interview

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Application

The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at SunTrust (Atlanta, GA) in March 2010.

Interview

Applied online, call initiated for phone interview by HR recruiter. Scheduled interview. One on one interview at in store branch with branch manager. Positive experience more like a discussion.
    Be yourself

Interview Questions

• What other opportunities are you considering or do you have lined up?   1 Answer

Negotiation

Always negotiate. Based on experience increased offer by a few

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at SunTrust in October 2009.

Interview

Interviewed with Branch and Assistant Branch Manager. The Area Manager also sat in on the interview.