SunTrust Financial Representative Interview Questions | Glassdoor

SunTrust Financial Representative Interview Questions

Updated Nov 1, 2017

2.4

47 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at SunTrust.

Interview

After applying at the company website I was contacted three days later by an HR Rep from Boston. He asked me a few questions over the phone to see if I truly qualified for the position. At the end of the conversation he set me up with a face to face interview with a manager. I was contacted after the interview the very next day and was told I passed the first round and would have a face to face with the regional. In each interview it felt natural and relaxed.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at SunTrust in August 2015.

Interview

I applied online and was contacted by a recruiter within 2 days. He was excellent and we set up an appointment for the next day. I had the interview with the branch manager and it went very smoothly. I have over 11 years of banking experience and was more than qualified, and that made it easier. Later that day the recruiter called back to set up a phone interview with another manager for later the same afternoon. That lasted 30 minutes and also went very well. Recruiter contacted me the next morning with the offer, and because of my experience it exceeded what he even thought it would be!

Interview Questions

• How would you handle staying organized?   1 Answer

Negotiation

I researched the salaries on Glassdoor and other sights, and had a realistic expectation, but because of my extensive background I asked for a little more. They actually came back a few thousand dollars higher than that. Be realistic and don't ask for an outrageous amount because they won't consider you. Get the job, prove your value and the money will come.

Financial Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at SunTrust (Atlanta, GA) in June 2015.

Interview

I was first contacted by the recruiter who was very friendly and was quick to set me up a phone interview the very next day. After the phone interview he called back that same day to let me know that they had liked my phone interview so they wanted me to come in for an interview with the area manager and the store manager the very next morning. The interview started off with basic questions on what my duties were at my current job and they both asked me what I would do in different situations. The toughest part of the interview I would say was going out to the aisles and actually trying to interact with clients. Keep in mind this was an In-store location. They asked that you have a good conversation with them without offering any products until you have spoken to them and have a feeling of what type of product would suit them better. Over all, I felt pretty confident about my interview but have not gotten a call back. I decided to call the recruiter to see if my application had been denied but he said it was still being considered because they had filled the position I had applied for at that location . They said the same thing to my friend and they found her a new opening few days later.

Interview Questions

• If you were given a goal for the month to sell a certain product. How would you achieve that goal?   2 Answers

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Kissimmee, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at SunTrust (Kissimmee, FL) in June 2015.

Interview

Initial call from Suntrust recruiter based in Boston (Googled location from Ph#), typical customer service questions. Set appointment to meet with Branch Manager at In-store location. Appointment set for 2nd interview that was subsequently canceled, but then due to my diligence rescheduled. Possibly age discrimination practiced with interviewing for in-Store locations since it is so "fast paced".

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at SunTrust (Atlanta, GA) in June 2015.

Interview

First interview was relatively short and took place over the phone, if the recruiter thought you were suitable then they would invite you to interview in person with an area manager.

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at SunTrust (Atlanta, GA) in May 2015.

Interview

Hiring process very smooth, interview process is simple, however with no experience with engaging clients, i was aware of hesitation and fearfulness from employees I interviewed by going out into aisles and prospecting potential clients.

Interview Questions

• When your out in the aisles prospecting clients, what is a question you would use to gain their attention?   1 Answer

Financial Services Representative Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ weeks. I interviewed at SunTrust in March 2015.

Interview

I applied online and about 2 weeks later received a call from a screener in HR. Ask the typical STAR formatted questions (tell me about a time when you went above and beyond customer expectations, blah blah blah.) He gave a brief overview of the position, but it was kind of high level. I was told I would hear whether the hiring manager wanted to meet in 7 days. The 7th day on the dot I received a phone call to set up a in-store interview. I did so and when I arrived, I was dismayed to find it was a Publix with a SunTrust inside. My interview was at 10am, but the manager was still having her early pow wow with the other tellers. She had no idea I was even there for an interview. When I finally sat down, the position was explained to me and I was sorely upset. Although they liked the fact that I had my series 6 and 63 already and wanted that person to be licensed, you're basically only referring to other people (which if you are registered with FINRA, you have to use your license under whomever you are registered. which leads me to believe Suntrust is trying to go into an area they don't know too much about). You are a glorified teller with higher metrics, but cant write financial products. You are also expected to go down the aisles and prospect/ help customers find what they are looking for/refer them to Suntrust. My line of thought is you are probably seeing the same line of clients, and I'm supposed to convince these people to bring their money from Charles Schwab, or Merrill and park it here inside a grocery store? Not to mention the expected metrics points needed to obtain every month, was the same amount 3 other MAJOR banks had required on a quarterly basis. It seemed to be a very high pressure sales situation, and I could go to a dealership and get that with more money. Was waiting on the third interview with the hiring manager but will most likely decline as other banks have better conditions and metrics are a bit more realistic.

Interview Questions

• Would you have any problem prospecting for new business within the aisle's of the store?   Answer Question

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at SunTrust (Atlanta, GA) in February 2015.

Interview

The SunTrust In Store Financial Rep 2, 3, 4 interview was fast and easy, very generic... It was entirely to predictable and almost too simple. I should have taken it as a red-flag when I realized I heard from a recruiter and then got hired in 4 days to a week.

Interview Questions

• How do you stay organized day to day?   1 Answer

Negotiation

They offered the position in a take it or leave in manor, it was as if they just wanted someone in the position.

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at SunTrust.

Interview

The usual phone interview from HR, then initial interview with manager, then final interview with area manager. They were very accomodating on the times and locations. Tried to meet where convient for me.

Interview Questions

• There were no surprise. Just study your usual interview "what would you do", or "what have you done" questions.   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiation. They just told me what I would make. Came to find out it was the lowest possible for that postition. You can find pay scaled for different markets on their intranet.

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at SunTrust (Atlanta, GA).

Interview

Very quick process for me, approximately "2" weeks from initial phone interview, to the final in -person interview.

Interview Questions

• What would you do if your manager was not available and a valued customer needed an exception on a large check being cashed. What do you think the bank policy would be? Is it better to follow abnk policy, or is it okay to make an exception with a high dollar client?   1 Answer

Negotiation

There was none... I was offered slightly higher starting wage than what I had requested. Bonuses are also given if you meet and surpass your goal..