SunTrust Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Jun 24, 2017

2.6

Personal Banker IV Interview

Anonymous Employee in Lady Lake, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ weeks. I interviewed at SunTrust (Lady Lake, FL) in March 2017.

Interview

First contact from HR for 10-15 min phone interview, then schedule a face to face with hiring manager along with area manager.
    It takes about a week before someone contact you from the final interview

BRanch Man Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at SunTrust.

Interview

very typical star format, tell me a time when you had to make a decision without time to prepare or review various outcomes..tell me difficult client situation, wow'd a client, etc

Interview Questions

• lets role play an outbound call   1 Answer

Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in Athens, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at SunTrust (Athens, GA) in February 2017.

Interview

Applied through my University's internship/board website for the EIS summer internship program. From there, I was given a 45-minute on-campus interview with two senior members. The interview was very conversational, with questions being very open-ended and allowing you to expand on your experiences. They did not ask me about specific previous positions/jobs on my resume at all. There were a lot of questions about favorite classes, and a few standard behavioral questions. They also asked questions to see what aspect of EIS you'd fit into. If you're passionate about the position/job, the format of the interview is very good at allowing you to show your passion. I received an offer the same week I interviewed.

Wholesale Development Program Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at SunTrust (Atlanta, GA).

Interview

The interview process took quite awhile. First, there was an on-campus interview, and then a week later there was a Super Day at the corporate headquarters. This consisted of two days, one day was a meet and greet and the next consisted of 2 interviews, 2 group think tanks, and lunch.

Interview Questions

• How would you determine the credit worthiness of a firm?   Answer Question

Personal Banker Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at SunTrust (Atlanta, GA) in January 2017.

Interview

Applied online. A recruiter would call and ask general questions, such as what did you do in your previous employment, why did you leave previous employment, etc. I had 2 branch managers interview me: one looked like he was too tired and kept yanwing; the other kept using the computer as she asked questions. It's been over 2 weeks since I've interviewed and not a peep; not even an update on their website about the job status. I wish companies would be more efficient in letting potential employees know about where they stand.

Internal Audit Data Analytics Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at SunTrust (Atlanta, GA) in January 2017.

Interview

recruiter phone screen on monday (this was from an outside tech recruiter firm that had seen my resume online), hiring manager phone interview on tuesday (tech recruiter called me the next day after hiring mgr read over my resume; he wanted to talk to me later that day!), team members onsite interview on thursday (hiring mgr told me on the phone he wanted me to come in, tech recruiter called me to set up onsite with 2 other mgrs, senior analyst, and meet other analysts for later that week)

Interview Questions

• Explain project management experience?   1 Answer
    • Explain work history   1 Answer
    • Do you think this would be a good fit? Are you interested?   1 Answer

Corporate Training Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Laurel, MD

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at SunTrust (Laurel, MD) in January 2017.

Interview

Phase one: Contacted by Human Resources Recruiter from Headquarters office in Atlanta GA - Reviewed resume/experienced and discussed the position
    Phase two: Contacted by hiring manager to discuss my background and the position.
    Phase three: Personal meet and greet interview with hiring manager. (awaiting call for personal interview)
    Phase four: Drug check and Background check.

Interview Questions

• What is your understanding of a training coordinator?
      What is your experience level of Microsoft Excel and Outlook?
      Do you have experience with Learning Management Systems?
      1 Answer

Loan Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Orlando, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at SunTrust (Orlando, FL) in January 2017.

Interview

Had to go to a unlabeled building in Orlando on Chancellor Drive that was not branded with the SunTrust logo. The inside of the building was nice and cozy and the interview was very friendly.

Interview Questions

• They asked about a difficult situation faced at work and how I overcame.   Answer Question

Personal Banker Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Murfreesboro, TN

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at SunTrust (Murfreesboro, TN) in January 2017.

Interview

Very laid back and lots of important information. Be prepared to know and feel comfortable selling products and actually closing deals for a large market area with a lot of competition

Teller & Universal Banker Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Silver Spring, MD

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at SunTrust (Silver Spring, MD) in January 2017.

Interview

I applied online for a teller position and later invited for a face to face interview the next week. I was interviewed by the branch and assistant branch manager for 45 min and it went well. However, the branch manager said I was over qualified for the teller the position and that he would recommend for another position at another branch.

Two weeks later I received a call for an appointment for a face to face with the regional manager for the Universal banker position the next week. After meeting the regional manager I received an email the next day stating that I'm not qualified for the position.