SunTrust Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Dec 11, 2017

2.6

Bank Teller Interview

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at SunTrust (Atlanta, GA).

Interview

I applied online and after a couple weeks, I was contacted by a recruiter via phone to schedule a phone interview. During the interview I was basically asked to reiterate everything on my application (availability, pay expectations, etc). After the phone interview, I was put on a roster for an in-person group interview with 3 area managers for the following week.
    The group interview was very relaxed and the area managers were very friendly. They had us all stand up and introduce ourselves and describe our work experience followed with several questions and role-playing. The group interview took about 1.5-2 hours and we were told that we would hear back within 3 business days.
    An hour after the interview, I actually got a call with an offer for the universal banker position.

Interview Questions

• Tell u about yourself and your work experience.   Answer Question
    • Tell us a time when you had to diffuse a situation with a difficult customer.   Answer Question

Universal Banker Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Daytona Beach Shores, FL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at SunTrust (Daytona Beach Shores, FL) in May 2017.

Interview

After applying, if you qualify an interview will be scheduled with the local branch from HR. If you are accepting then you interview with the regional branch manager. When I walked in I was not acknowledged by anyone. The bank manager walked around doing random things before even coming to me. As soon as I walked in the vibes were bad and employees were whispering and I assumed it was about me because there were no clients/customers in at the time. Worst interview I have had in my life.

Financial Branch Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Nashville, TN

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at SunTrust (Nashville, TN) in May 2017.

Interview

Received a phone call from recruiter and she set up interview with area manager. Manager was a few minutes late but was friendly and gave feedback on how my experience could add to my success for position I was interviewing for.

Interview Questions

• What is your management style? How do engage your team? How many people have u supervised?   Answer Question

Universal Banker Interview

Anonymous Employee in Richmond, VA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at SunTrust (Richmond, VA) in May 2017.

Interview

Was asked a list of questions that was printed from their HR website. Role playing was important to see how I could uncover the current bank product sales opportunities and future opportunities that the customer may be able to take advantage of.

Associate Partner Marketing Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at SunTrust (San Diego, CA) in May 2017.

Interview

Interview Questions

• If you could travel anywhere, where would you go?   1 Answer

Associate Partner Marketing Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at SunTrust (San Diego, CA) in May 2017.

Interview

Applied online. Initial phone interview was with Suntrust/Lightstream HR VP, which I have to stress was very professional and personable. 2nd Interview was a phone interview with a Marketing Manager from the local office. In-person interviews occurred the following week, four interviews (30 min each) during a two-hour span. I usually don't leave reviews, but the whole experience was great. HR followed through at every step, questions were easy and individuals were quite pleasant. Some questions aimed at putting me at ease, some at seeing if I was qualified, and they were very interested in finding out if I would be a good fit for the team. The interviewers all expressed the work atmosphere as " collaborative teamwork" which is always great to hear. Overall great experience!

Interview Questions

• If you could travel anywhere, where would you go?   1 Answer
    • What is your experience working with business partners and helping them out with marketing needs?   Answer Question

Consumer Operations Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at SunTrust.

Interview

Applied through campus website. Got invited to campus interviews. Interviews was fairly easy. Basic behavioral interview. Thought it went well but was not invited for second rounds.

Interview Questions

• Basic behavioral interview. Tell me about yourself, why suntrust, etc.   Answer Question

Part Time Teller Interview

Anonymous Employee in Sebring, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at SunTrust (Sebring, FL) in April 2017.

Interview

I applied online and take the assessment test. After that I was scheduled for phone interview by the their Recruitment Dept. After a week, I was told that the Branch Manager wants to have a face to face interview and that will be tomorrow. I'll update here how the interview goes.

Interview Questions

• What are my work experiences?   1 Answer

Data Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at SunTrust (Atlanta, GA) in April 2017.

Interview

Very rushed and hectic. First you have a 15 minute phone interview. They had scheduled many of these back to back with a call in number. I call in and I jump in to another person's interview. Same thing happened with me. Before I was done, someone else jumped in to my interview. Despite the chaotic nature of this I was invited to an on-site interview. This was with the hiring mgr, one other person and a client on the phone. Again, very rushed and chaotic. Scheduled for 20 minutes with the hiring manager counting down the time remaining every few minutes. Did the best I could in the short amount of time allocated. Was invited for another on-site interview. This was scheduled for 15 minutes, even though at least 30 was needed. Again the hiring mgr was doing the countdown. Once time was up the interview was over even more needed to be discussed. Is this the best way to find good candidates?

Interview Questions

• Assuming you were proficient in auto repair would you prefer to (1) help someone find out what was wrong with their car or (2) if you came to work and saw that the conference room was painted blue would you find out who did this and why.   Answer Question

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at SunTrust.

Interview

After applying at the company website I was contacted three days later by an HR Rep from Boston. He asked me a few questions over the phone to see if I truly qualified for the position. At the end of the conversation he set me up with a face to face interview with a manager. I was contacted after the interview the very next day and was told I passed the first round and would have a face to face with the regional. In each interview it felt natural and relaxed.