SunTrust Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Jun 22, 2017

2.6

Wholesale Development Program Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at SunTrust (Atlanta, GA) in October 2016.

Interview

first, online application, then on campus interview (1-1), behavioral style questions, finally, super day at the Atlanta office, two separate interviews. mostly behavioral, a few technical questions
    found out about final round the same day as my on campus interview. and found out the same evening of my offer

Interview Questions

• Why are you interested in this program?   1 Answer

Investment Banking Summer Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at SunTrust (Atlanta, GA) in October 2016.

Interview

Applied through campus recruiting. First round interview involved two 30 minute phone calls with a VP and the head recruiter. One was technical the other behavioral, very laid back interviewers were nice. Be prepared to answer why IB, why you want to work in Atlanta, and why you want to join STRH specifically.

Interview Questions

• Run me through how $10 in depreciation affects the financial statements.
      Which is more expensive debt or equity.
      1 Answer

Teller I Interview

Anonymous Employee in Orlando, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 days. I interviewed at SunTrust (Orlando, FL) in October 2016.

Interview

Applied, took assessment , email to schedule phone interview , it went well scheduled in person interview , was told will hear back in 1 week, offer was made and accepted . Now doing the rest of hiring process. Was easy and uncomplicated.

Interview Questions

• Why was I interested in working for Suntrust over other companies?   1 Answer

Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at SunTrust (Atlanta, GA) in October 2016.

Interview

I was recommended by a professor, so I emailed the person who would hire me. We set up 3 phone interviews with different people on the team, and over the course of about a month and a half, we had those three phone interviews. They were light and conversational mostly, but there were many questions to judge my abilities. They were very concerned about fit.

Enterprise Information Services Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Athens, GA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at SunTrust (Athens, GA) in October 2016.

Interview

Applied through the university career website. SunTrust reached back to me after a month for an interview. Interviewed with 3 SVP's, mainly behavioral questions. Interview was very laid back and low stress. No technical questions. Interviewers were very friendly as well. I guess I didn't fit the company to not receive an offer.

Interview Questions

• If you were to graduate tomorrow, what career would you pick?   Answer Question

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at SunTrust.

Interview

The interview process wasn't very organized. I was interviewed by one manager ,hired by another and then ended up working with a third. The company overall has a high rate of turnover.

Branch Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at SunTrust (Washington, DC) in September 2016.

Interview

I was very pleased with the interview. While waiting for the Area Manager to begin the interview , every member of the Banking Center introduced themselves to me and engaged in small talk. The interviewer was quite friendly and personable.

Interview Questions

• How do you coach your bankers?   1 Answer

Portfolio Specialist Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at SunTrust.

Interview

Applied online and received an email asking me to contact the recruiter. Set up a phone screen call with recruiter which outlined basics regarding pay, benefits, and making sure I was a potential fit. After that I was invited to participate in a phone interview with 3 managers a few days later. 2 hours after phone interview was told they were very impressed with my qualifications and wanted to fly me down for an in person interview.

In person interview seemed to go well though managers seemed to talk more about the job than letting me talk about myself and what I brought to the table. After an hour of this I was showed around the office and introduced to other coworkers and then taken to lunch then I took a cab back to the airport. Bank paid all of my expenses.

It took them over a Month to tell me I was not selected and I practically had to force it out of them because there was zero follow up from anyone despite my prompt thank you follow ups with all involved. When I called to inquire the status I was told they were wrapping up interviews but then proceeded to drag out making a decision another 3 weeks.

Managers need to be willing to let prospective candidates talk more and explain what they bring to the table rather than just talking about the job to me. You don't have to sell it to me I'm already interested. Also, please be polite and promptly follow up with someone, there is something to be said for good customer service and that applies to job interviews as well. I shouldn't have to wait a month to be told I'm not getting this.

Interview Questions

• Was asked why I wanted to work at SunTrust   1 Answer

Universal Banker Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Baltimore, MD

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at SunTrust (Baltimore, MD) in August 2016.

Interview

I was contacted by the recruiter who wanted to know more about my background. He was very pleasant. Most of the questions he asked I made I already reviewed online.
    I was contacted 2 weeks later for a further interview with the branch manager

Call Center Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Orlando, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at SunTrust (Orlando, FL) in August 2016.

Interview

The interview was very unprofessional. I went all way through the interview and hiring process, they call me to start the following week, without telling me my benefits, knowing that I wouldn't leave my job without 2 weeks notice. The people doing the interview and hiring process are very amateur.

Interview Questions

• If I have experience with customer service   1 Answer