SunTrust Interview Questions | Glassdoor

SunTrust Interview Questions

Updated Apr 26, 2017

2.6

Personal Banker Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 6+ weeks. I interviewed at SunTrust.

Interview

Very long process but very professional and helpful.The recruiting team was very detailed and each manager that I interviewed with were pleasant. I also really appreciated the opportunity to show my experience by interacting with the customers and employees at each location.

Interview Questions

• What makes you a great candidate for this position?
      Give a time that you had to go above and beyond?
      Tell me about yourself.
      1 Answer

Teller Coordinator II Interview

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at SunTrust (Atlanta, GA) in May 2016.

Interview

The interview process took about three weeks. 1st interview was over the phone, one week later I met with the Branch Manager and he asked basic situational questions. One week later I received a call extending me the job. I did negotiate my pay and they accepted the amount I requested.

Interview Questions

• "Tell me about a time when you had to coach an employee, how did they respond, what was the result".   1 Answer
    • Tell me about a time you were able to cross sell a product   1 Answer

Negotiation

I was able to negotiate my salary to what I wanted based on my experience.

Teller III Interview

Anonymous Employee in Jacksonville, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at SunTrust (Jacksonville, FL) in May 2016.

Interview

Took a long time to hear from HR but my interview was scheduled for the next week. Was called by the manager ten minutes after leaving to come back for second interview with area manager. Was offered position next day. Accepted.

Bank Teller Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at SunTrust in May 2016.

Interview

Received phone call from a senior recruiter, Interview lasting about 45 minutes with the area manager and the branch manager, received offer in a couple days. Had a drug test and background check

Interview Questions

• Name the last time you had a situation with a difficult client and how did you solve the situation   Answer Question

Teller Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Knoxville, TN

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at SunTrust (Knoxville, TN) in April 2016.

Interview

SunTrust works with a "recruiting" process. You apply on the website then you have to wait to be contacted by a recruiter to have a prescreening to see if you're a candidate to meet the hiring manager. After that you are supposed to be contacted by the recruiter again either with an offer or "We decided to go another direction."

Interview Questions

• Questions tend to be things like share an experience you had with a customer when. Or share an experience you had with a co worker.   Answer Question

Branch Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Nashville, TN

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at SunTrust (Nashville, TN) in April 2016.

Interview

Moved very quickly form Interview to offer. Follow up was prompt and honest feedback was given. the interview was with a one on one with the Area Manager and a phone interview with the exec VP from Chatt.

Interview Questions

• There was no unexpected question that seemed difficult.   Answer Question

Teller Coordinator Interview

Application

The process took 3+ weeks. I interviewed at SunTrust.

Interview

I was contacted by an agency for my phone interview. They were very polite and praised all of my answers. She then called me back for an in person interview at the branch. The manager was very polite. Much of the interview felt like just a normal conversation. Asked basic banking and sales questions.

Interview Questions

• Who was your least favorite and most favorite manager and why?   Answer Question

Branch Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Gainesville, FL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a week. I interviewed at SunTrust (Gainesville, FL) in March 2016.

Interview

Mine was a unique process. I was being groomed to take over a branch as soon as one became available. I still did a formal interview, but it seemed like the job was mine to lose.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you had to coach and under-performing employee.   Answer Question
    • Tell me about a time you had to prioritize competing demands   Answer Question

Client Service Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Richmond, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at SunTrust (Richmond, VA).

Interview

General questions regarding sales experience and handling of difficult situations with clients. Interviewed with Branch Manager and Teller Coordinator. Total interview time was close to 1 hour. Overall, the interview process was smooth and the Recruiter kept me in the loop throughout the entire process.

Interview Questions

• How do you go about engaging clients?   1 Answer

Bm Interview

Interview

Easy and quick, I got an offer a week after my third interview. I had a 2 phone interviews and 1 face to face, the first phone interview was with the recruiter and the second one was with an Area Manager