SunTrust Mortgage Business Analyst Interview Questions | Glassdoor

1 Interview Review

1 Candidate Interview Review Back to all Interviews

Business Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Richmond, VA

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at SunTrust Mortgage (Richmond, VA) in July 2011.

Interview

The staffing agency I worked with submitted my resume to SunTrust, and they showed interest on my skill-set. One of the hiring managers wanted to have a phone meeting with me. After the phone interview, they wanted to arrange another phone interview with the other managers, however, they skipped this part and invited me to have a face-to-face interview a week later. In this final interview, i met with 6 managers in 4 different meetings.

In my first interview, I was asked several questions mainly about my background and experiences. The second interview was similar to the first one in terms of questions, but it was with different managers. Some of the questions I was asked in the first two interviews were irrelevant with the position, but i felt that the interviewers put more importance to my answers in these questions before making their final decision. It wasn't very difficult to notice that they were inexperienced about the job interviews.

In the third one, I talked with the head of the department and he tried to explain why their department is a great place to work and grow. I listened to him very carefully, since i found that his messages are very useful and important. In the final meeting, i met with the hiring manager, and he gave me a sense of what kind of projects they are working on. That was fun, interesting and very informative.

A few days later, I was contacted by the agency, and they let me know that their answer was negative.

Interview Questions

• How do you convert a specific procedure in SAS to R language? What kind of scripting do you use to achieve that?   1 Answer
  • Based on your experience, what are the trends in the financial and the banking industries in the future and what should we do to get prepared to these trends?   1 Answer