SunTrust Personal Banker Interview Questions | Glassdoor

SunTrust Personal Banker Interview Questions

Updated May 16, 2017

2.7

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at SunTrust (Atlanta, GA) in January 2017.

Interview

Applied online. A recruiter would call and ask general questions, such as what did you do in your previous employment, why did you leave previous employment, etc. I had 2 branch managers interview me: one looked like he was too tired and kept yanwing; the other kept using the computer as she asked questions. It's been over 2 weeks since I've interviewed and not a peep; not even an update on their website about the job status. I wish companies would be more efficient in letting potential employees know about where they stand.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for SunTrust

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Murfreesboro, TN

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at SunTrust (Murfreesboro, TN) in January 2017.

Interview

Very laid back and lots of important information. Be prepared to know and feel comfortable selling products and actually closing deals for a large market area with a lot of competition

Personal Banker Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 6+ weeks. I interviewed at SunTrust.

Interview

Very long process but very professional and helpful.The recruiting team was very detailed and each manager that I interviewed with were pleasant. I also really appreciated the opportunity to show my experience by interacting with the customers and employees at each location.

Interview Questions

• What makes you a great candidate for this position?
      Give a time that you had to go above and beyond?
      Tell me about yourself.
      1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Chattanooga, TN

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at SunTrust (Chattanooga, TN) in July 2015.

Interview

Phone from recruiter to ask preliminary questions and depth of interest for position, then face to face interview with branch manager, then face to face interview at branch with upper management

Interview Questions

• What is one of your strenghts and one of your weaknesses   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Raleigh, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at SunTrust (Raleigh, NC) in January 2015.

Interview

Phone call with HR, back and forth about pay. Than in person interview with Branch Manager. After that Job offer by area manager. After that get ready for sales sales sales.

Interview Questions

• Questions about customer service experience and "what would you do if" questions   Answer Question

Personal Banker Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at SunTrust.

Interview

Applied for this position at the end of May and got a call back 3 weeks ago. Phone interview was general just asked questions about my experience.I was asked to do an In person interview but didn't do it due to scheduling conflicts.

Interview Questions

• Is there any way that I could prove that I had sales experience?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Orlando, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ weeks. I interviewed at SunTrust (Orlando, FL) in April 2014.

Interview

It was very in depth and provided a complete description of the job. They asked me about my previous job experience. They also asked me what I would do if I was in this position. They asked me what I had done in previous jobs. It was a long interview in which I felt that asked serious and thought provoking questions.

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at SunTrust (Atlanta, GA) in February 2014.

Interview

Casual but professional, interviewer was warm and welcoming. Did not feel like an abrasive situation, very much an encouraging and conversational interview rather than a nuts and bolts Q and A type feel. Asked about past work experiences and desire for long term career goals. Open ended questions rather as opposed to simple short structured questions.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time when you faced adversity in the workplace and had to find a solution   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Richmond, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at SunTrust (Richmond, VA) in January 2014.

Interview

Very Easy, over the phone interview with HR then in person interview with hiring manager. Got call back same day with job offer

Interview Questions

• Did a roll-play scenario. Manager was customer walking into branch had to uncover opportunity   Answer Question

Negotiation

Yes. They called back same day but with 1k more than what I was currently making. able to negotiate and extra 2k.

Personal Banker Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at SunTrust.

Interview

The interview process was quite complicated. You must first see a recruiter. If the recruiter approves of you then you will undergo a second interview with the manager at the location that you applied for. If they approve, then you may either have another interview with the manager's boss or you may go back to the recruiter again. From there you will discuss compensation and make sure you get it in riding because they will tell you a certain amount and then when you get in the position, you find out that you are stuck with much lower pay than what was previously discussed. You will then go to what is called "Discover" which is a 1-2 day event in downtown that tell you about Suntrust and their mission statement for the most part. After that you will be directed to "Suntrust University" where you will be trained and caught up to the software and job functions that are expected of you. this training can last anywhere from 2 weeks to 1 month. You will go back and forward from Suntrust University to the location that you will be working in during your training time frame.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Make sure you get everything in writing or else they will try to pay you less and it would be your word against theirs.