SunTrust Robinson Humphrey Interview Questions | Glassdoor

SunTrust Robinson Humphrey Interview Questions

Updated Sep 14, 2017

Investment Banking Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at SunTrust Robinson Humphrey in September 2017.

Interview

referred internally, two phone screens (all fit), superday in atlanta a few weeks later. Definitely not an intense interview. With one of the guys I just talked about football.

Interview Questions

• Why Suntrust, what makes a good analyst, a time when you made a difficult decision, why investment banking   Answer Question

Research Assistant Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at SunTrust Robinson Humphrey.

Interview

Grueling. Met with several people over 2 days and interviewed with some one who had just started working there a few months before. Waited 6 months to hear back with no follow ups or feed back. I was not certain that

Interview Questions

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at SunTrust Robinson Humphrey.

Interview

1 phone screen with an analyst... superday with a dinner the night before, then breakfast, 5 interviews and lunch. 1 technical interview and the rest are all fit-based getting to know about your decision-making process and your background

Interview Questions

• Cost of debt vs. cost of equity   1 Answer
    • How do you get your news every day? Tell me about an article you recently read.   1 Answer

Corporate Banking Analyst Interview

Interview

Very behavioral, not technical for first on campus interview. Went through my resume, asked why I wanted to work for the company. Were very interested in culture and previous work experience. Very nice people who did a great job, the process just takes a very very long time. This was for an internship experience, not a full time position with Suntrust Robinson Humphrey.

Investment Banking Summer Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Gainesville, FL

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at SunTrust Robinson Humphrey (Gainesville, FL) in October 2016.

Interview

Was connected through a school referral - on campus interview (about 45 minutes). Asked me primarily technical questions: dcf, valuation, accounting, etc. First 15 minutes were walk me through your resume. After that it was all technical, macro/market-facing questions.

Investment Banking Summer Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at SunTrust Robinson Humphrey (New York, NY) in October 2016.

Interview

Had two interviews. One with a recruiter and one with a VP. The interviewers were incredibly nice and I think the interview went fairly smooth. However, I realized during the interviews that I was not a good fit given my lack of knowledge on technical questions. I completely understand why I did not get an offer but they did give me some advice on what things to focus on so I can potentially do another interview.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Nashville, TN

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at SunTrust Robinson Humphrey (Nashville, TN) in October 2016.

Interview

The interview process was conducted in our school's career center. The was a man and a woman. The guy had more power in the whole process. The guy was looks serious and the women looks approachable. Be careful with your speech. Don't laugh to much or say too much. The interview is mostly experience based without too much technical questions.

Portfolio Management Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at SunTrust Robinson Humphrey (Dallas, TX) in September 2016.

Interview

2 rounds, first with an analyst and an associate, second with directors. First round focuses more on resume, experiences, tell me about yourself. Second round was all technical, accounting and finance questions. The associate looked like he didn't want to be there, asked me a question and looked out of the room, at one point even said oh sorry, what was that? He was spacing out, probably from the mass interviewing in a day.

Interview Questions

• Why Sun Trust? who else are you interviewing with? Explain credit risk.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at SunTrust Robinson Humphrey (Atlanta, GA) in September 2016.

Interview

Went through a phone screen and 2 phone interviews. Phone screen had technical questions but the 2 phone interviews were fit based. Overall process was simple but could tell interviewers weren't focused on the interview. After the phone interview, there is a super day in Atlanta. Super day consists of dinner the night before then 6 interviews the following day.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at SunTrust Robinson Humphrey (Atlanta, GA) in August 2016.

Interview

contacted alum of my alma mater who forwarded on my resume to HR. HR setup a phone screen with me the next week. next round was a super day a few weeks after in Atlanta HQ.

Interview Questions

• basic behavioral, basic technicals (how to value company, what's a DCF, etc.)   Answer Question