SunTrust Robinson Humphrey Interview Questions | Glassdoor

2.8

Sort:

Summer Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at SunTrust Robinson Humphrey (San Francisco, CA) in October 2017.

Interview

One round, on-campus interview with two members of the team: one analyst, one VP. Interview was extremely easy. They asked about two positions on your resume, and very basic technicals about the job; only one or two.

Interview Questions

• Why SunTrust? Why portfolio management? How would you determine whether or not a company is good lending prospect?   1 Answer

Summer Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

Application

The process took 1 day. I interviewed at SunTrust Robinson Humphrey (Atlanta, GA) in January 2011.

Interview

Casual behavioral interview. They were particularly interested in knowing why I was interested in Investment Banking as compared to traditional finance.

Investment Interview

Anonymous Employee in Gainesville, FL

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at SunTrust Robinson Humphrey (Gainesville, FL) in September 2014.

Interview

My school was a target, so I applied, got an interview, and showed up. One round interview for the internship and I was in. I never applied for full time.

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at SunTrust Robinson Humphrey (Atlanta, GA) in October 2011.

Interview

On campus 30 minute interview followed by a Superday consisting of five 45 minute interviews

Interview Questions

• How would you judge a company's credit worthiness?   Answer Question
    • What is your favorite class? What would the professor of that class say about you?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Application

The process took 2 days. I interviewed at SunTrust Robinson Humphrey (Atlanta, GA) in March 2012.

Interview

They had a mixer the night before that I went to. Got to know all of the STRH people who came to campus, which helped when I arrived for my interview the next morning. Questions were a mix of technical and behavioral- a large focus on my willingness to accept an offer in ATL instead of NY or Chicago.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at SunTrust Robinson Humphrey (Atlanta, GA).

Interview

On campus interview process was very direct. Just one in-person interview and one meet and greet later that day and that's it. All of the interviewers/check-in people were friendly.

Interview Questions

• What's a constructive criticism your old boss would say about you?   1 Answer
    • If you were assessing a companies credit worthiness, what would you look at?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Winston-Salem, NC

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at SunTrust Robinson Humphrey (Winston-Salem, NC) in September 2012.

Interview

I applied online via my university's campus recruiting system. The night before the interview they took all the candidates out to dinner for an informal meet and greet. The interview itself was half behavioral, half technical finance. It was a 2:1 with a Senior Banker and a Research Analyst. Overall, the interview was straightforward and not too difficult. Be prepared for a lot of technical questions in a short period of time though.

Interview Questions

• Why do you use EV/EBITDA instead of another metric for valuing a company?   1 Answer
    • What is the effect of $10 of depreciation on the three accounting statements?   1 Answer
    • What are the three valuation metrics, and what are the main differences between them?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at SunTrust Robinson Humphrey (Atlanta, GA) in September 2012.

Interview

Had an on campus interview, basic stuff. Nothing technical just behavioral. Said I'd be called back for super day if things went well.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at SunTrust Robinson Humphrey (Atlanta, GA) in January 2013.

Interview

I applied online through my career center. It was only one on campus interview. It was about half fit, half technical. They had me walk me though my resume, then asked why STRH and why Atlanta. The two senior bankers didn't have much personality, and were a little bit rude. Afterwords, they invited the top 3-4 candidates to dinner to make their final decision.

Interview Questions

• How would you assess the credit worthiness of a company?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at SunTrust Robinson Humphrey (Atlanta, GA) in October 2012.

Interview

First interview on a Monday and heard back Tuesday. Flew out Thursday morning to get to know a lot of the VP and MDs during a cocktail hour. Later at night met a lot of analysts and associates at a dinner and then went back to hotel. Early in the morning had 7- 30 minute interviews with all different associates, VPs and MDs in all different industries in their offices. Given a mentor for the time being who was very helpful through out the process. Great company everyone seems down to earth. Best culture of any investment bank I have been to.

Interview Questions

• Very different behavioral questions which make you think and analyze how to answer it. A few technical questions dealing with valuation of companies. Looking for motivated, hardworking, and leadership skills.   Answer Question

Negotiation

They offered me a position the next week. Called and told me offer (every analyst receives same offer).