SunTrust Robinson Humphrey Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Interviews at SunTrust Robinson Humphrey

2.8

Sort:

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at SunTrust Robinson Humphrey (Atlanta, GA) in September 2013.

Interview

Went through campus recruitment, went to Super day later that week. Went well

Interview Questions

• Super day - 7, 30 min interviews. Almost completely fit except for one technical portion - nothing hard. Valuation, DCF, etc.   Answer Question

Investment Banking Analyst Interview

Interview

On campus screening interview, then Superday. Campus screening was purely behavioral-- very similar to most first round interviews. Superday was a series of 6 back to back 30 minute interviews. One interview was technical, but the rest were situational -- tell me about a time you failed, worked on a team, etc.

Investment Banking Analyst Interview

Interview

Applied through campus recruiting through career services job board. Interview was a first round interview on campus. Presumably the second round would be a super day at their office in Atlanta.

Interview Questions

• Nothing too difficult, There were only a couple of standard accounting questions for technicals. Not anything you should not have seen before. Everything else was strictly behavioral and fit based.   Answer Question

Investment Banking Analyst Interview

Application

I interviewed at SunTrust Robinson Humphrey in October 2013.

Interview

First round interview was on campus. It was pretty straightforward: resume walkthrough, question about the three main valuation methodologies. On the night of the first round interview, there was a reception with employees who were alumni at my school.

I made it past the first round to the final round (superday) interview at STRH. There's a tour of the building, reception and dinner on Friday night. Then there are seven interviews on Saturday morning with Associates and VP's. The final interviews were not as technical as expected. They asked about the valuation methodologies again. Most of the questions were behavioral type of questions.

Interview Questions

• Please explain a complicated concept that you learned in school in a way that you would explain it to a child (this doesn't sound hard, but without any time to think I struggled with this one).   Answer Question

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at SunTrust Robinson Humphrey.

Interview

STRH recruits heavily on campus. Starts with a first round interview with 2 interviewers, then the standard superday with 7 interviews. The initial interview consists of mainly qualitative questions and will rarely ask about a DCF. The superday covers just about everything, but again, not super technical.

Interview Questions

• Unexpected question was a business case about a car rental company. The interviewer asked, "Based on the business, what would you expect its cash flow statement to look like"   1 Answer

Negotiation

There is no negotiation, but the compensation is very reasonable for living in Atlanta.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at SunTrust Robinson Humphrey (Atlanta, GA) in October 2015.

Interview

Applied online and through networking. Two first rounds with VPs and invited to Super Day in Atlanta. Very friendly group. Super Day had one technical round and the rest were fit based.

Interview Questions

• How would you analyze a company's credit position? Walk me through a DCF   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at SunTrust Robinson Humphrey (Atlanta, GA) in September 2015.

Interview

I was referred through internal connections. I was contacted just a few days later about setting up an interview time. First round phone screening was 2 separate interviews. Almost all behavioral (why banking/Atlanta, what groups, relevant banking skills) with a technical or 2. The senior bankers do not ask many questions. You must be able to hold an intelligent conversation and keep them interested with questions at the end, or else you will be off the phone in 10-15 mins.

Interview Questions

• What do you know about credit risk? How would you assess the creditworthiness of a company?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at SunTrust Robinson Humphrey (Atlanta, GA) in May 2012.

Interview

Passed the first round on-campus interview. The interviewer asked how you would evaluate whether you should lend to a company. What metrics / ratios would help you identify if a company is in good financial state.

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at SunTrust Robinson Humphrey (Atlanta, GA) in May 2011.

Interview

Super day included three interviews with director and higher level individuals. Individual interviews varied based on the person and their mood at that time. Some were a simple casual conversation others were intense technical evaluations.

Interview Questions

• Walk me through your resume   1 Answer
    • Why do you think you'd be a successful IB analyst   1 Answer
    • Why investment banking   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at SunTrust Robinson Humphrey (Atlanta, GA) in September 2015.

Interview

I applied online through my university's career website. I heard back a few days later that I had been invited to a first-round interview. The interview was almost entirely behavioral.