SunTrust Robinson Humphrey Investment Banking Summer Analyst Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Find jobs for Investment Banking Summer Analyst

Interviews at SunTrust Robinson Humphrey

2.7

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at SunTrust Robinson Humphrey (Atlanta, GA) in September 2017.

Interview

Phone Interview for 15 minutes which encompassed mostly behavioral with some light technical aspects. The interviewer was very friendly and easy to connect with. It seemed they were more focused on behavioral answers than technicals. I was very impressed.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for SunTrust Robinson Humphrey

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at SunTrust Robinson Humphrey (Atlanta, GA) in October 2017.

Interview

Applied through the University website online. Interviewed a week later. Was denied two days thereafter. Very simple and mostly behavioral interview process. Need to have the technicals down

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Gainesville, FL

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at SunTrust Robinson Humphrey (Gainesville, FL) in October 2016.

Interview

Was connected through a school referral - on campus interview (about 45 minutes). Asked me primarily technical questions: dcf, valuation, accounting, etc. First 15 minutes were walk me through your resume. After that it was all technical, macro/market-facing questions.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at SunTrust Robinson Humphrey (New York, NY) in October 2016.

Interview

Had two interviews. One with a recruiter and one with a VP. The interviewers were incredibly nice and I think the interview went fairly smooth. However, I realized during the interviews that I was not a good fit given my lack of knowledge on technical questions. I completely understand why I did not get an offer but they did give me some advice on what things to focus on so I can potentially do another interview.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at SunTrust Robinson Humphrey (Los Angeles, CA) in October 2018.

Interview

Very friendly experience, first round on campus and was invited to super day to meet everyone on the team. did last round with MD over the phone since he wasn't there for superday. Most interviews were behavioral except for one technical round all about credit

Interview Questions

• Questions about credits, revolvers, term a, term b loans, etc.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at SunTrust Robinson Humphrey (Atlanta, GA) in October 2018.

Interview

I applied online. The first round consisted of two phone interviews, then a superday at the Atlanta office. They valued fit over technicals. The superday was made up of three 30 minute intervieww. Two were with associates and one with a VP.

Interview Questions

• How does a $10 increase in depreciation affect FCF and DCF valuation.   Answer Question

Investment Banking Summer Analyst Interview

Interview

It was pretty simple. They asked typical behavioral questions and then questions about 3 statements/DCF. Then, they asked about resume and why you wanted to work at firm. No tricks when I interviewed.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work in Atlanta or specifically SunTrust?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at SunTrust Robinson Humphrey (Atlanta, GA).

Interview

Two interviews back to back with mid to senior bankers in different divisions of the bank for superday. Incredibly straightforward, everyone is very nice, relaxed environment. Trying to understand fit more than technical background.

Interview Questions

• Purely behavioral interview to gauge interests, why Atlanta, why STRH over other banks.   Answer Question

Investment Banking Summer Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at SunTrust Robinson Humphrey.

Interview

Most behavioral and fit questions with one technical question for on-campus interviews. Be prepared to answer questions about how your current experience prepared you for investment banking and why SunTrust is on your radar. The interviewers used a score sheet to make comparisons between candidates, and it principally looks at interpersonal and analytical skills.

Interview Questions

• Where do you look on financial statements to determine if you should provide debt capital to a company?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at SunTrust Robinson Humphrey (Atlanta, GA) in November 2014.

Interview

As a sophomore, I attended the Diversity Leadership Summit in Atlanta, Georgia after applying through my career center. The summit was a two day conference with the first day touring around the trading floor and understanding the company's culture and mission. We were able to meet with current analysts and managing directors throughout the day and was able to ask questions. Second day there were 3 rounds of interviews with the managing directors- 30 minutes each. Mostly behavioral questions about previous jobs, why SunTrust, and also culture fit questions. Know about current market issues as well!