SunTrust Robinson Humphrey Portfolio Management Analyst Interview Questions | Glassdoor

SunTrust Robinson Humphrey Portfolio Management Analyst Interview Questions

Interviews at SunTrust Robinson Humphrey

2.5

Portfolio Management Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at SunTrust Robinson Humphrey in September 2017.

Interview

Applied through my university. Interview was 30 minutes long and consisted of resume review and questions about the case study we had to prepare. There were no technical questions or markets questions. All personal and related to the case.

Interview Questions

• Pick a publicly traded company and discuss whether or not you would lend them $100M.   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for SunTrust Robinson Humphrey

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at SunTrust Robinson Humphrey (Dallas, TX) in September 2016.

Interview

2 rounds, first with an analyst and an associate, second with directors. First round focuses more on resume, experiences, tell me about yourself. Second round was all technical, accounting and finance questions. The associate looked like he didn't want to be there, asked me a question and looked out of the room, at one point even said oh sorry, what was that? He was spacing out, probably from the mass interviewing in a day.

Interview Questions

• Why Sun Trust? who else are you interviewing with? Explain credit risk.   Answer Question

Portfolio Management Analyst Interview

Interview

The interview was largely behavioral with a few questions about considerations when lending to a company. Very laid back people, I think whether or not you "fit" is biggest consideration.

Interview Questions

• Which metrics are important when considering to lend to a firm?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

Application

The process took 1 day. I interviewed at SunTrust Robinson Humphrey (Atlanta, GA) in October 2009.

Interview

I was selected for an on-campus interview. The interviewer was nice...he actually called all the applicants the night before on-campus interviews to introduce himself. Interview questions were fairly standard. Be able to talk about yourself freely and explain your interest in finance and the role. Questions asked related to my personal interests in the field of finance, my most challenging experience while at my college, and why did I choose my particular school.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at SunTrust Robinson Humphrey (Atlanta, GA).

Interview

The interview was very technical. No situational questions. They asked me about a stock that I follow and then about the credit of the company, as well as how I would value the company. Two interviewers on the phone.

Interview Questions

• The most difficult question that I had to answer was that if the company was in extreme debt, how I think they should fund their debt? Or get out of debt?   Answer Question

Portfolio Management Analyst Interview

Interview

Interviewers did not want to be there. Fairly unpleasant and unprofessional. Boring.

Interview Questions

• Nothing tricky. Connect the accounting statements, etc.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at SunTrust Robinson Humphrey (Atlanta, GA).

Interview

Was selected through campus recruiting for an on-campus interview, they requested I build a cash flow model and bring it to the interview. At the interview, they asked me to walk them through the model. No surprises, was invited to Superday in Atlanta. There is a dinner the night before the interview, and then some behavioral/fit interviews the next day. Most of the technical questions came in the on-campus interview.

Interview Questions

• Only ask technical questions about the model, no surprises.   Answer Question

Had several offers from more prestigious firms

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at SunTrust Robinson Humphrey (Atlanta, GA).

Interview

Applied online after position was posted on college career website. Got an email and then did a phone interview after waiting a couple weeks. Invited to interview in Atlanta. Had dinner and socializing, then five interviews. As a history major, wasn't asked many technical questions, but didn't know those I was asked.

Interview Questions

• If you were the height of a pencil, how would you escape a blender?   Answer Question

Portfolio Management Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at SunTrust Robinson Humphrey in September 2014.

Interview

It was a two on one interview with the Senior Vice President and the head of the department. It was a fairly straightforward process. Basic Behavioral fit questions. Tell me about yourself and why you choose this major and this school kind of stuff. They asked me how to pull out a FCF from financial statements but that was the only technical question.

Interview Questions

• The only technical question was about FCF's but it was extremely straightforward   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at SunTrust Robinson Humphrey (Atlanta, GA) in October 2015.

Interview

On campus interview followed by a super day in Atlanta. Nice dinner plus five 30 minute interviews. Interviews were 50/50 behavior and technical. Know your DCF models well, why you want to work for STRH, what makes you qualified for the position, and why you chose finance/your university etc. Very nice people, sad things didn't work out for myself.

Interview Questions

• Would you rather lend money to FM radio or Sirius radio and why?   Answer Question