SunTrust Robinson Humphrey Portfolio Management Analyst Interview Questions | Glassdoor

SunTrust Robinson Humphrey Portfolio Management Analyst Interview Questions

2.5

12 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at SunTrust Robinson Humphrey (Dallas, TX) in September 2016.

Interview

2 rounds, first with an analyst and an associate, second with directors. First round focuses more on resume, experiences, tell me about yourself. Second round was all technical, accounting and finance questions. The associate looked like he didn't want to be there, asked me a question and looked out of the room, at one point even said oh sorry, what was that? He was spacing out, probably from the mass interviewing in a day.

Interview Questions

• Why Sun Trust? who else are you interviewing with? Explain credit risk.   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for SunTrust Robinson Humphrey

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at SunTrust Robinson Humphrey (Atlanta, GA) in October 2015.

Interview

On campus interview followed by a super day in Atlanta. Nice dinner plus five 30 minute interviews. Interviews were 50/50 behavior and technical. Know your DCF models well, why you want to work for STRH, what makes you qualified for the position, and why you chose finance/your university etc. Very nice people, sad things didn't work out for myself.

Interview Questions

• Would you rather lend money to FM radio or Sirius radio and why?   Answer Question

Portfolio Management Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at SunTrust Robinson Humphrey.

Interview

A cocktail party where you get to meet your interviewers followed by a 30 minute interview in person. There was only one technical question, which has been mentioned in past interviews here. The interview was very easy; however, they only invited 1/20 to the super day from my school.

Interview Questions

• How would you judge the creditworthiness of a firm?
      Why SunTrust, Why XX university, why XX major..?   Answer Question

Portfolio Management Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at SunTrust Robinson Humphrey.

Interview

I had five 45-minute interviews with portfolio managers from various groups. Their questions were primarily behavioral. Questions included the following: Why do you want to be a credit analyst? What background do you have in debt? Tell me about a time when you overcame a challenge. What was your favorite course in college? What do you like to do in your spare time? Why do you want to live in Atlanta? Why do you want to work for SunTrust Robinson Humphrey?

Interview Questions

• The one technical question I was asked was what might be determinants of free cash flow.   Answer Question

Negotiation

I given an offer letter with salary and bonus spelled out and didn't negotiate any terms.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at SunTrust Robinson Humphrey (Atlanta, GA).

Interview

Applied online after position was posted on college career website. Got an email and then did a phone interview after waiting a couple weeks. Invited to interview in Atlanta. Had dinner and socializing, then five interviews. As a history major, wasn't asked many technical questions, but didn't know those I was asked.

Interview Questions

• If you were the height of a pencil, how would you escape a blender?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at SunTrust Robinson Humphrey (Atlanta, GA).

Interview

Was selected through campus recruiting for an on-campus interview, they requested I build a cash flow model and bring it to the interview. At the interview, they asked me to walk them through the model. No surprises, was invited to Superday in Atlanta. There is a dinner the night before the interview, and then some behavioral/fit interviews the next day. Most of the technical questions came in the on-campus interview.

Interview Questions

• Only ask technical questions about the model, no surprises.   Answer Question

Had several offers from more prestigious firms

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Gainesville, FL

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at SunTrust Robinson Humphrey (Gainesville, FL) in October 2014.

Interview

Went to a info session and then interviewed with two different interviewers in the same room. It was a good process, everything seemed fair and the people were nice. Suntrust seems like a great organization to work for. The job was for their headquarters in Atlanta and the interview process went by fast.

Portfolio Management Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at SunTrust Robinson Humphrey in September 2014.

Interview

It was a two on one interview with the Senior Vice President and the head of the department. It was a fairly straightforward process. Basic Behavioral fit questions. Tell me about yourself and why you choose this major and this school kind of stuff. They asked me how to pull out a FCF from financial statements but that was the only technical question.

Interview Questions

• The only technical question was about FCF's but it was extremely straightforward   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at SunTrust Robinson Humphrey (Atlanta, GA).

Interview

The interview was very technical. No situational questions. They asked me about a stock that I follow and then about the credit of the company, as well as how I would value the company. Two interviewers on the phone.

Interview Questions

• The most difficult question that I had to answer was that if the company was in extreme debt, how I think they should fund their debt? Or get out of debt?   Answer Question

Portfolio Management Analyst Interview

Interview

Interviewers did not want to be there. Fairly unpleasant and unprofessional. Boring.

Interview Questions

• Nothing tricky. Connect the accounting statements, etc.   Answer Question