SunTrust Teller Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Jul 20, 2017

2.2

40 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Teller Interview

Interview

Applied online: resume, cover letter, competency/personality questions. Contacted via phone by HR for pre-interview questions, was recommended, scheduled in-person interview. Met with branch manager, conversed about past experience and basic role questions.

Interview Questions

• Are you comfortable recommending services, referring clients, and meeting quotas?   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for SunTrust

Teller Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3+ weeks. I interviewed at SunTrust.

Interview

Applied online and then received a phone call from a recruiter asking to set up a phone interview. The phone interview lasted 15 min and the majority of the time the HR worker was speaking. Then a few days later they email you to go and talk to the store manager. Overall the process took 3 weeks.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Knoxville, TN

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at SunTrust (Knoxville, TN) in April 2016.

Interview

SunTrust works with a "recruiting" process. You apply on the website then you have to wait to be contacted by a recruiter to have a prescreening to see if you're a candidate to meet the hiring manager. After that you are supposed to be contacted by the recruiter again either with an offer or "We decided to go another direction."

Interview Questions

• Questions tend to be things like share an experience you had with a customer when. Or share an experience you had with a co worker.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Alexandria, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at SunTrust (Alexandria, VA) in February 2016.

Interview

Took about two weeks. Contacted via recruiter for phone interview and then scheduled for an interview with the branch manager. Very unprofessional! The recruiter scheduled me in for an interview but the manager didn't even show up for it...I wait for half an hour and eventually end up interviewing with the assistant manager on duty. The guy has no clue what he's doing so we are basically just talking for 45 minutes about random stuff and there are two more people waiting for an interview behind me and the branch manager isn't even coming in for the day. Basically wasted my time and then tells me that we will all have to reschedule an interview with the branch manager as he has no authority. then a week and a half later after several attempts at contacting the recruiter, they tell me that they are moving on with someone else. No opportunity to even meet the branch manager. Kind of happy though seeing as how the lady never even showed up to interview people that one day. Pretty unprofessional company.

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at SunTrust (Atlanta, GA) in February 2016.

Interview

it was not hard to get in, questions very basic to customer service. Asked about related experience given. It was a phone interview then a manager interview all this after applying online. Beforehand also an assessment online.

Teller Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at SunTrust in January 2016.

Interview

I applied online. About 3 month later I received a call. What was funny is that my application did not even go through. So the HR had me fill out another application and gave me the interview. Went easy and even the HR was shocked that my resume did not even go through. That tells me that the system is rigged. So I got the interview and it was wonderful. The person who gave me the interview was the one who I had asked about a job. She told me to send her my resume. I am still waiting on results. IF YOU REALLY WANT TO WORK AT SUNTRUST GO TO A BRANCH OR BRANCHES AND TALK TO SOMEONE. SUNTRUST IS A WONDERFUL PLACE TO BE. IT IS ABOUT WHO YOU MEET. ALWAYS TALK TO VICE PRESIDENT AND HR. I am still waiting on results

Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at SunTrust (Washington, DC) in January 2016.

Interview

The interview process was easy. It consisted on a phone call and an onsite interview with the manager. Questions were to assess capacity. It didnt require previous preparation. They also prefer someone with extra languages

Anonymous Employee in Lexington, VA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at SunTrust (Lexington, VA).

Interview

Minimal. The branch manager didn't have everything together - forgot I was coming. Interview lasted about 10 minutes. I did get the job. They asked a little about my experience but seemed distracted. Asked about things I like to do. When I asked questions, I got very short answers. It was by far the easiest and worst interview I have ever had.

Interview Questions

• If I had the availability to come in or stay late for branch meetings   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tampa, FL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at SunTrust (Tampa, FL) in August 2015.

Interview

I was called by HR and had a phone interview. Then I was sent to the branch and had an interview there. A couple of days later, I was called by HR and given an offer.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time that you had to handle a disgruntled customer.   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at SunTrust (Washington, DC) in June 2015.

Interview

Basically I apply online. It's took about two weeks for HR to call me. Once I received a call from HR, I was asked three basic questions. Then I received an email with instructions on how to set up in person interview. That process took about a month they kept rescheduling my interview. Basic normal customer service and selling experience Interview questions. The branch manager seemed nice . I'm still waiting on my feedback for the interview that me know if I am going to be offered the position or decline... I think I need to be a little more patient I just had to interview on Tuesday it's only Wednesday

Interview Questions

• How would you handle Irate? Why do you want to work for suntrust?   1 Answer