Suncor Interview Questions in Canada | Glassdoor

Suncor Interview Questions in Canada

Updated May 12, 2017

2.8

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Suncor.

Interview

Initially sent an email to complete a video interview through HireVu. Got a call a few days later to set up a time for an in-person interview. Overall interview was basic. Behavioural questions. The interviewers were extremely friendly.

Accounting Co-op Student Interview

Anonymous Employee in Calgary, AB (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Suncor (Calgary, AB (Canada)).

Interview

Fairly straightforward, google and youtube common interview questions and prepare how you'd like to answer the questions based on your unique experience and skills. Nothing out of the ordinary stood out.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time you went above and beyond expectations.   Answer Question

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Suncor in April 2017.

Interview

HireVue interview with behavioural interview questions. Took about 45-1 hour to complete. 5 video question and about 3-5 written question about basic computer skills and why you choose the field you're in? Nothing technical, heard back a week later with a criminal background check. That was followed the next day with a phone offer. I had initially applied a month before I got the email to do the video interview.

Interview Questions

• Why Suncor, tell us about time management and a time when it was tough to finish a task on time, a time when you had to deal with a situation/fight/argument, what does safety mean to you..   Answer Question

Process Engineer Co-Op Interview

Interview

Interview was 2 back to back 30 min sessions with multiple interviewers. Mostly asked behavioural questions. They were very easy to get along with and we're really welcoming. Overall the interview was very good

Coop Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Suncor.

Interview

Applied got interview call few weeks later. Did the interview on hirevue?... Was your basic interview questions. nothing too hard. Overall experience with the process was done very professionally, kinda bummed didnt get a offer.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Suncor.

Interview

I applied online for this position on Suncor Energy website. Few days after submission, I received a call from Human Resources asking me to set a time for interview. Process engineering manager called me at the time of the interview. And it went on for about an hour. an average behavioral interview. Nothing to worry about.

Process Automation Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hamilton, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Suncor (Hamilton, ON (Canada)) in February 2017.

Interview

One way video interview followed by an in person interview on campus a week later with the hiring manager, HR person, and the current intern. Interview was very casual, they explain the role and then asked some behavioural questions. They focused on safety and it was important to answer in with STAR format.

Coop Student, Engineering Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Calgary, AB (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Suncor (Calgary, AB (Canada)) in February 2017.

Interview

I applied for this position in January 2017. After two weeks I got an email to complete the online interview (Hirevue) within 72 hours. Right after a week I got a phone call as in to schedule an in person interview. The in person interview was scheduled to conduct in the Suncor office on Feb 1, 2017. Technically, all behavioural questions. There were two person conducting my interview. HR (Jody Hopkins) and a mechanical engineer. They seemed very impressed with my answer as I gave a lot of examples of my past internship experience. They said they will have an answer for me within two weeks. So it is March 7, 2017 now. All I hear is crickets. No response regarding my email when i asked about my status. I don't know what went wrong. Still waiting.

Interview Questions

• What does safety mean to you?
      Why did you choose electrical engineering?
      Why Suncor?
      Describe a time when you had to convince your senior peers that your procedures are correct.
      What is your greatest achievements?
      Answer Question

Engineer Co-op Student Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Montreal, QC (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Suncor (Montreal, QC (Canada)) in January 2017.

Interview

I applied online through the the careers website. They emailed me a day or two after the application deadline to do an on demand hirevue interview. About 4/5 questions requires you to record yourself. The rest of the questions are either typing or selection about your work term availability/address etc.

Interview Questions

• What do you know about Suncor and why do you want to work for Suncor?   1 Answer

Operations Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Suncor in November 2016.

Interview

Received an email approximately 1 month after applying via the website. Had 2 days to complete the digital interview. Contacted 2 weeks later by phone to schedule an in-person interview. Received an email 2 weeks later for a request to complete a background check (took over a week to complete). Received a phone call offer.

Interview Questions

• Go over your resume followed by behavioral based questions.   Answer Question