Suncor Interview Questions in Canada | Glassdoor

Updated Nov 23, 2017

2.9

164 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Process Operator Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Suncor.

Interview

Applied through company website. Received an email to complete video interview which was mainly for HR as the questions were very common. Moved on to face-to-face with three operators and HR where the role was being explained and had to answer a lot of situational questions as well as a couple of technical questions.

Interview Questions

• tell me about a time at work or at school where you went above and beyond   Answer Question

New Grad Supply Chain Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Suncor.

Interview

Online web video recorded answers. Hivue was the company that ran the process. Best to do it on your computer at home. Can repeat the practice questions as many times as you need till you feel comfortable doing it. It was very seamless and fairly smooth. Overall a great experience.

Interview Questions

• How have you told a higher up no to a job they asked you to do   Answer Question

Chemical Engineer Co-Op Interview

Anonymous Employee in Calgary, AB (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Suncor (Calgary, AB (Canada)) in October 2017.

Interview

Questionnaire, video, Skype interview. Quick process. All behavioral questions. asked about my resume. I would say make sure you know the role you are getting into. know how to answer a safety question

Interview Questions

• What do you do on your downtime at work?   1 Answer

Engineering Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Suncor in October 2017.

Interview

I received an email for a pre-assessment test, but the video interview email went into my clutter folder without my knowledge. Hence, I was rushing through it when I realize the problem without any preparation. The questions are very basic. If I have a bit more time to prepare, it would go well. The numerical questions in the pre-assessment test are very hard and you're under time pressure

Engineering Student Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Suncor in September 2017.

Interview

Submitted my application online. Then about 2 weeks later received an invitation to take a online test about problem solving then a video interview. About 2 weeks after that I was sent another email to do a personality test. Interview wasn't bad, the video is an interesting way of doing it.

Plant Operator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in North Vancouver, BC (Canada)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Suncor (North Vancouver, BC (Canada)) in August 2017.

Interview

PSI and Hogen Assessment, online screen interview, and required to finished there online within 1~2days, At the beginning don't know what PSI and Hogen. after search, get familiar with PSI and Hogen, but it suprised me that the PSI is not what I searched from internet. and What's more the time is so tight and limit only 5 min. to finish each section.

Learnings, don't be hurry to answer question, ensure you really understand the question then tick the "begin to test" button.

Web Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mississauga, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Suncor (Mississauga, ON (Canada)) in August 2017.

Interview

The interview was great. Enjoyed meeting and speaking with the team that interviewed me. They had some difficult questions which I could've prepared for better and probably didn't work in my favour as I wasn't clear enough. However, I never got a call back to say I wasn't selected. I followed up and didn't hear anything back. Hopefully this is not a common occurrence.

Procurement Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Calgary, AB (Canada)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Suncor (Calgary, AB (Canada)) in July 2017.

Interview

The interview questions were hard. Six behavioral and challen questions. Two people from Human Resources area well prepared. They walked me through the full process. He started the interview and asked me why applied for the position. It took me a few minutes to find the information on my head

Interview Questions

• What was the hardest thing I ever learned of my career   1 Answer

Control Systems Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Calgary, AB (Canada)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Suncor (Calgary, AB (Canada)) in July 2017.

Interview

Preliminary Video Interview and Hogan based Personality inventory, Personality and Deductive reasoning test. Personality interview is focused on standard psychometric testing.
    The deductive reasoning was more based on application of basic discrete mathematics and basic algebra, not difficult but the amount of time given per question was very short, so if your skills are rusty, you will struggle to complete the test. Having previous training with systems programming will make it easier to complete.

Interview Questions

• - Why do you want to work for Suncor?
      - Why do you want this job, why are you a good fit?
      - What do you know about Suncor?   1 Answer

Engineering Coop Interview

Anonymous Employee in Calgary, AB (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Suncor (Calgary, AB (Canada)) in July 2017.

Interview

The interview process was extremely quick and took less than a week. The first interview was a video interview with a couple of behavioral questions, time given was 2 mins for each question. The second interview was with an HR and the employer you were possibly going to work with.

Interview Questions

• What does safety mean to you?   1 Answer

Negotiation

No negotiation student position.