Suncor Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Suncor Interview Questions

Updated Jun 21, 2017

2.8

Human Resources Interview

Interview

Beware of intern scam. Never hand out your info if you are uncomfortable. I found job on internships.com they will promise you wonderful pay and great hours. But really think on what they are promising. If you are just starting out do you really think you are going to make $25 an hour?

Process Operator Interview

Anonymous Employee in Commerce City, CO

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Suncor (Commerce City, CO).

Interview

I received an email that I needed to do a recorded online video interview. Followed by in person interview. Was then asked to do a hair follicle test, background check and two physicals. Had no issues with the interview process at all.

Supply Chain Planner Interview

Interview

The interview process was a three step process. This included interviews with the supervisor, personnel from the business unit for support as well as the SCM manager. After interviewing, I was contacted a few days later and presented with an offer letter. The offer letter was contingent upon my passing a drug test.

Interview Questions

• If you and your boss had a disagreement about how to do or implement something, how would you handle it?   Answer Question

Negotiation

At the time, I did not feel as though I should negotiate given they had other candidates willing to accept the position.

Intern Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Suncor.

Interview

All hiring was done through the career website portal, however, there were contacts within the company that were avaliable to help (especially to get resumes to them close to the interview process. Interviewers were very nice (panel of 3) and came to our school to interview. The interview started with them talking about themselves, which was interesting, and was relatively informal to start. Questions began with general ones related to resume and moved to others related to the culture of the workplace (these really showed the focus of the company).

Interview Questions

• Describe a time when you had to convince someone to do something without relying on a position of power (i.e. as a supervisor), including how you did it and what the result was.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Very supporting HR who tried to accomodate as much as possible.

Senior Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Denver, CO

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Suncor (Denver, CO).

Interview

Full day of interviews with multiple people from various disciplines.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Inflexible.

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Suncor.

Interview

Applied online through the the careers website, recieved an email a couple days after the deadline looking for an initial screening video interview through Hirevu. Short 11 questions basic interview. Not overly complicated but very quick with 1-3 minute limits on questions. Took about 45-1 hour to complete. 4/5 video question and about 7 written question/multiple choice about basic computer skills, where you live and work term length.

Interview Questions

• What degree are you completing, why did you choose this?
      What are your favorite/least favorite courses, why?
      Describe your past work experience. List your biggest work accomplishment.
      What do you know about Suncor, how will working here further your learning.
      Answer Question

Engineer Co-op Student Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Calgary, AB (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Suncor (Calgary, AB (Canada)) in June 2017.

Interview

There was an online questionnaire that asked a few skills and personality questions. These questions were kinda difficult since there was time crunch. There was also a video interview. These asked some basic questions about academics and where I was living. Overall the interview process seemed quite fair and manageable.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Suncor.

Interview

Initially sent an email to complete a video interview through HireVu. Got a call a few days later to set up a time for an in-person interview. Overall interview was basic. Behavioural questions. The interviewers were extremely friendly.

ICT coordinator Interview

Anonymous Employee in Tripoli (Libya)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Suncor (Tripoli (Libya)).

Interview

Meeting with the HR, then with the Line Manager and Reign Operation Manager and the end with the GM; after that, they start the process of checking my background regarding the position and send me the offer and the Negotiations start regarding the package

Accounting Co-op Student Interview

Anonymous Employee in Calgary, AB (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Suncor (Calgary, AB (Canada)).

Interview

Fairly straightforward, google and youtube common interview questions and prepare how you'd like to answer the questions based on your unique experience and skills. Nothing out of the ordinary stood out.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time you went above and beyond expectations.   Answer Question