KEY NOT FOUND: coverImgAlt

Engaged Employer

Add an Interview

Suncor Interview Questions

Updated Aug 1, 2022

To filter interviews, or .
Found 395 of over 395 interviews

Employee Referral9%
2.9
HardAverageEasy

Suncor

Application

I interviewed at Suncor

Interview

Digital interview where as you answer pre recorded questions via app where you're basically face timing by yourself. Was contacted by real person after a week or 2 to move forward with another interview.

Interview Questions
  • Describe a situation where you improved work conditions
    Answer Question

Suncor

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Suncor

Interview

The interview process is pretty standard. After applying, you have to do a 1st round which is the online pre-screen interview. If you pass, it goes to in-person rounds with the hiring leader.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Suncor

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Suncor

Interview

well arranged with all facility and friendly environment.The team that work in is awesome. Great team assistance. Teammates so supportive. Always helps me out even if I do any mistakes in my work.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Suncor

Application

I interviewed at Suncor

Interview

The interview was very smooth, engaging and conversational. It didn’t feel much like an interview. We joked, interviewed, joked and again and interviewed again. I would say it was a nice experience overall.

Interview Questions
  • How do you find your “true north” when you get thrown into a team in the middle of a complex project

Suncor

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Suncor in Jun 2022

Interview

the interview starts with introduction, and then followed by technical questions you need to answer and then some behavioural question that you can answer based on your experience. The process is not long, about 30 mins

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Suncor

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Suncor

Interview

Behavioral interview type questions. Prepare with the STAR method and it will go very smoothly. Don't worry too much HR is very nice and if you don't answer a question fully, they guide you a little bit. One engineering related questions at the end (talk about your projects, difficult time during a team project etc.)

Interview Questions
  • Tell me about a difficult engineering project that you did. What were your responsibilities? What was difficult? How did you solve it?

Suncor

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Suncor

Interview

A couple of Interviews. One main technical interview and other with HR. Technical Interview had a couple of people from the Business unit. HR one was mostly STAR based behavior questions.

Interview Questions
  • Technical questions related to Honeywell DCS, Triconex PLCs, Bentley Nevada Vibration Monitoring Systems etc.

Suncor

Application

I interviewed at Suncor

Interview

Four questions recorded over video. Three attempts to record, two technical questions and two safety questions. No offer yet because only first step of interview process. Next interview is over video chat

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Suncor

Application

I interviewed at Suncor

Interview

After submitting my application a few weeks later a email asking to do the initial recorded interview through HiveVue. Timed questions on the web where they record you. Unfortunately I did not get past this stage.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Anonymous Employee in Edmonton, AB

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 months. I interviewed at Suncor (Edmonton, AB)

Interview

Completed a virtual interview where I record my answers consisting of two technical questions. Was invited to a Microsoft Teams interview 1 month later. Consisted of myself, a hiring manager, and 3 operations managers. Interview process was relaxed and very well conducted, conisted of 1 technical question followed by several behavioural. 1 hour total. Was given an offer the following week. Total time was around 3 months.

Interview Questions
  • What is a skill you feel we could help you improve on if you were to be hired for this role?
Viewing 1 - 10 of 395 Interviews

Suncor Interviews FAQs

Glassdoor users rated their interview experience at Suncor as 85.0% positive with a difficulty rating score of 2.79 out of 5 (where 5 is the highest level of difficulty). Candidates interviewing for Process Engineer and Project Engineer rated their interviews as the hardest, whereas interviews for Engineer Co-op Student and Process Engineering COOP roles were rated as the easiest.

The hiring process at Suncor takes an average of 28 days when considering 86 user submitted interviews across all job titles. Candidates applying for Process Engineering COOP had the quickest hiring process (on average 4 days), whereas Process Engineer roles had the slowest hiring process (on average 45 days).

Common stages of the interview process at Suncor according to 86 Glassdoor interviews include:

Phone Interview: 27.91%