Suncor Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Suncor Interview Questions

Updated Mar 8, 2017

Process Engineer Co-Op Interview

Interview

Interview was 2 back to back 30 min sessions with multiple interviewers. Mostly asked behavioural questions. They were very easy to get along with and we're really welcoming. Overall the interview was very good

Coop Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Suncor.

Interview

Applied got interview call few weeks later. Did the interview on hirevue?... Was your basic interview questions. nothing too hard. Overall experience with the process was done very professionally, kinda bummed didnt get a offer.

Process Automation Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hamilton, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Suncor (Hamilton, ON (Canada)) in February 2017.

Interview

One way video interview followed by an in person interview on campus a week later with the hiring manager, HR person, and the current intern. Interview was very casual, they explain the role and then asked some behavioural questions. They focused on safety and it was important to answer in with STAR format.

Coop Student, Engineering Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Calgary, AB (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Suncor (Calgary, AB (Canada)) in February 2017.

Interview

I applied for this position in January 2017. After two weeks I got an email to complete the online interview (Hirevue) within 72 hours. Right after a week I got a phone call as in to schedule an in person interview. The in person interview was scheduled to conduct in the Suncor office on Feb 1, 2017. Technically, all behavioural questions. There were two person conducting my interview. HR (Jody Hopkins) and a mechanical engineer. They seemed very impressed with my answer as I gave a lot of examples of my past internship experience. They said they will have an answer for me within two weeks. So it is March 7, 2017 now. All I hear is crickets. No response regarding my email when i asked about my status. I don't know what went wrong. Still waiting.

Interview Questions

• What does safety mean to you?
      Why did you choose electrical engineering?
      Why Suncor?
      Describe a time when you had to convince your senior peers that your procedures are correct.
      What is your greatest achievements?

Engineer Co-op Student Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Montreal, QC (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Suncor (Montreal, QC (Canada)) in January 2017.

Interview

I applied online through the the careers website. They emailed me a day or two after the application deadline to do an on demand hirevue interview. About 4/5 questions requires you to record yourself. The rest of the questions are either typing or selection about your work term availability/address etc.

Interview Questions

• What do you know about Suncor and why do you want to work for Suncor?   1 Answer

Systems Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Suncor.

Interview

After applying for a position online on Sept 15, received a video interview call during first week of Nov. There were total 10 generic questions out of which few were written.
    Overall very good technology and good experience.

Mine Operator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Calgary, AB (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Suncor (Calgary, AB (Canada)) in November 2016.

Interview

Suncor has a unique interview process for positions that are open. After sending in a resume you could be contacted for a virtual interview. This interview provides a unique way of filtering candidates that are qualified for the stage 2 face to face interview. This could be a new a direction in HR practices but it takes the 'human' factor. More likely that first interviews will be like this in the future for most companies.

Interview Questions

• Describe a difficult occasion in the past?
      How would your manager describe you?

Business Advisor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Calgary, AB (Canada)

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Suncor (Calgary, AB (Canada)) in October 2016.

Interview

There were a series of basic questions designed to put the interviewee at ease, then came progressively more challenging questions came to bring out the expertise/lackthereof within. I was impressed with the structure they have developed, despite not getting the job! The process is designed to develop fit just as much as technical or analytical capability, and I do believe that their hiring process is efficient. I still plan to apply for jobs within this organization because there has been a residual positive impact from this process.

Interview Questions

• Given the situation we sent out to you, what would be your top three focus areas outside of profitability?   1 Answer

Burrard Co-op Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Vancouver, BC (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Suncor (Vancouver, BC (Canada)) in October 2016.

Interview

Online pre-recorded video questions, you can do it anytime of the day as long as you submit it by the deadline. They emailed me and gave me 2 business days to interview, but they said I can email and request additional time. Lasted little over an hour. I recommend you google the questions they ask you before you interview

Interview Questions

• What are your short term and long term goals?
      You can google all the questions that they ask you, they're the typical STAR questions

Senior Advisor Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Suncor in August 2016.

Interview

Applied online, the posting was live for two weeks. Following that, there was another one-week wait before an invite to perform an online video submission interview.

Consisted of ~9 questions. With some a video response was recorded, with others a written response was required.

Interview Questions

• Why Suncor?
      Explain how your previous experience relates to this role.
      What level of compensation are you looking for?