Suncor Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Aug 16, 2017

2.9

176 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Human Resources Interview

Interview

Beware of intern scam. Never hand out your info if you are uncomfortable. I found job on internships.com they will promise you wonderful pay and great hours. But really think on what they are promising. If you are just starting out do you really think you are going to make $25 an hour?

Process Operator Interview

Anonymous Employee in Commerce City, CO

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Suncor (Commerce City, CO).

Interview

I received an email that I needed to do a recorded online video interview. Followed by in person interview. Was then asked to do a hair follicle test, background check and two physicals. Had no issues with the interview process at all.

Interview Questions

Interview

The interview process was a three step process. This included interviews with the supervisor, personnel from the business unit for support as well as the SCM manager. After interviewing, I was contacted a few days later and presented with an offer letter. The offer letter was contingent upon my passing a drug test.

Interview Questions

• If you and your boss had a disagreement about how to do or implement something, how would you handle it?   Answer Question

Negotiation

At the time, I did not feel as though I should negotiate given they had other candidates willing to accept the position.

Intern Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Suncor.

Interview

All hiring was done through the career website portal, however, there were contacts within the company that were avaliable to help (especially to get resumes to them close to the interview process. Interviewers were very nice (panel of 3) and came to our school to interview. The interview started with them talking about themselves, which was interesting, and was relatively informal to start. Questions began with general ones related to resume and moved to others related to the culture of the workplace (these really showed the focus of the company).

Interview Questions

• Describe a time when you had to convince someone to do something without relying on a position of power (i.e. as a supervisor), including how you did it and what the result was.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Very supporting HR who tried to accomodate as much as possible.

Senior Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Denver, CO

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Suncor (Denver, CO).

Interview

Full day of interviews with multiple people from various disciplines.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Inflexible.

Procurement Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Calgary, AB (Canada)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Suncor (Calgary, AB (Canada)) in July 2017.

Interview

The interview questions were hard. Six behavioral and challen questions. Two people from Human Resources area well prepared. They walked me through the full process. He started the interview and asked me why applied for the position. It took me a few minutes to find the information on my head

Interview Questions

• What was the hardest thing I ever learned of my career   1 Answer

Control Systems Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Calgary, AB (Canada)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Suncor (Calgary, AB (Canada)) in July 2017.

Interview

Preliminary Video Interview and Hogan based Personality inventory, Personality and Deductive reasoning test. Personality interview is focused on standard psychometric testing.
    The deductive reasoning was more based on application of basic discrete mathematics and basic algebra, not difficult but the amount of time given per question was very short, so if your skills are rusty, you will struggle to complete the test. Having previous training with systems programming will make it easier to complete.

Interview Questions

• - Why do you want to work for Suncor?
      - Why do you want this job, why are you a good fit?
      - What do you know about Suncor?   1 Answer

Engineering Coop Interview

Anonymous Employee in Calgary, AB (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Suncor (Calgary, AB (Canada)) in July 2017.

Interview

The interview process was extremely quick and took less than a week. The first interview was a video interview with a couple of behavioral questions, time given was 2 mins for each question. The second interview was with an HR and the employer you were possibly going to work with.

Interview Questions

• What does safety mean to you?   1 Answer

Negotiation

No negotiation student position.

Engineering Co-op Student Interview

Anonymous Employee in Calgary, AB (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Suncor (Calgary, AB (Canada)).

Interview

I applied online and got an email for digital interview ( HireVue) within a week of applying. The digital interview had typical behavioural questions like what is your favourite or least favourite course, what skills can you bring etc. Then after 2 days got email asking to do assessments, which took about 1hr 30mins. The assessments test your personality and math skills. Within two week time period I got in person interview, where two people (one from HR and one from engineering department) interviewed me. The interviewers were extremely friendly and asked typical behavioural questions. One thing I loved about Suncor was they were extremely quick with their whole process.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Suncor.

Interview

Applied online through the the careers website, recieved an email a couple days after the deadline looking for an initial screening video interview through Hirevu. Short 11 questions basic interview. Not overly complicated but very quick with 1-3 minute limits on questions. Took about 45-1 hour to complete. 4/5 video question and about 7 written question/multiple choice about basic computer skills, where you live and work term length.

Interview Questions

• What degree are you completing, why did you choose this?
      What are your favorite/least favorite courses, why?
      Describe your past work experience. List your biggest work accomplishment.
      What do you know about Suncor, how will working here further your learning.   Answer Question