Suncor Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Suncor Interview Questions

Updated Apr 25, 2017

2.8

Senior Advisor Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Suncor in August 2016.

Interview

Applied online, the posting was live for two weeks. Following that, there was another one-week wait before an invite to perform an online video submission interview.

Consisted of ~9 questions. With some a video response was recorded, with others a written response was required.

Interview Questions

• Why Suncor?
      Explain how your previous experience relates to this role.
      What level of compensation are you looking for?
      Answer Question

Plant Operator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Calgary, AB (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Suncor (Calgary, AB (Canada)) in August 2016.

Interview

I applied online on Agust 2016 and received a digital video (hirevue) interview, followed by assessment tests. The digital interview was 2 parts video record plus writing, and assessment test was also 2 parts. After this 2 steps (digital video and assessment tests), I did not get any response and I am still waiting!!!

Interview Questions

• Is your previous experience will be matched to the requirements of this job, How?   1 Answer

Recruitment Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Employee in Calgary, AB (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Suncor (Calgary, AB (Canada)).

Interview

I applied for position online through their website, but I was also informally referred by a friend. They have a formal Employee Referral process though but it was t applicable for my position. After a week or so, I received an invitation to interview which was set up by a recruitment coordinator. In my interview, I was asked a series of behavioral-based questions that were pretty standard. I interviewed with the recruiter for the position and my hiring manager. They asked for salary expectations. I believe they interviewed one other person. After about one week they extended an offer. Filled out Garda reference checks - this took longer than usual. About 1.5 weeks after that I received my formal offer.

Interview Questions

• Tell us how you would deal with a manager/client who was very high maintenance/had a strong personality.   Answer Question

Negotiation

I was asked my salary expectations in the interview and received what I asked for.

Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Calgary, AB (Canada)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Suncor (Calgary, AB (Canada)) in June 2016.

Interview

The interview process is too complicated, there are two online assessments and a internet video interview before any useful technical interview. Look like the HR people play games, they keep the real good engineers from door. they are looking for smart normal people, but not experienced, expert engineers.

Engineer Co-op Student Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Calgary, AB (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Suncor (Calgary, AB (Canada)) in June 2016.

Interview

I applied online and heard back from them around 2-3 weeks requesting a video record interview. The interview took about 60 minutes. There are some written questions, some multiple choices questions and most of the questions requested you to record yourself answering. The question is average if you are well prepare. The interviewer seems nice, the recorded themselves some asking the questions, you have about 1-2 minutes to think about the questions and 3-5 minutes to answer the questions. Overall, it is a positive experience. I am still waiting to here the response from them.

Interview Questions

• Why Suncor?
      Safety commitment?
      Your greatest achievement?
      Answer Question

Co-op, Accounting and Finance Interview

Anonymous Employee in Calgary, AB (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Suncor (Calgary, AB (Canada)) in June 2016.

Interview

It was very straight-forward to say the least. Make sure you're very prepared for behavioural typed questions. General questions like tell me about yourself, what have you done that shows initiative, should be answered carefully because some questions are phrased differently so be careful. Make sure to read between the lines. About three weeks when I got the call for interview, and then about less than two weeks when I got the offer.

Interview Questions

• Behavioural questions. I really think that each question for the candidate and the position he or she's applying is tailored on the position itself (e.g. Job Description, Company, Company Values, etc.), resume and/or experiences. Since this is a co-op position, there were a lot of questions about school like;

Which course did you enjoy the most and course you enjoyed the least?
      Why did you choose this program (Accounting)?

Also note that, it would be a great plus when you mention your GPA, rank in school, relevant courses and skills youve attained when answering questions like tell me about yourself.
      1 Answer

Welder Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Glace Bay, NS (Canada)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Suncor (Glace Bay, NS (Canada)) in June 2016.

Interview

Didn't get one because I couldn't apply without an old school computer such as a desktop or laptop, I always wanted to work for Suncor but can't because I don't have old technology. The worlds evolving and I assume the company which makes more money then most would to. Please change this one thing and I think your company will get a lot more, valuable applications! I would love to send my resume into Suncor. Otherwise the company is very thorough and very respected all around the world especially Canada

Interview Questions

• My certifications, experience   1 Answer

Engineer Co-op Student Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Vancouver, BC (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Suncor (Vancouver, BC (Canada)) in May 2016.

Interview

Apply online and receive interview from hirevlue. All behavioral questions. After I applied online, I received an email after about 2 weeks. But after I finished the interview, these was no further process. Maybe I have declined by them.

Travel Services Interview

Interview

Was short and with the Team Lead. Now its 3 team leads and a manager. Was fairly casual, very much who you know helps. Professional, although the addition of more professionals in the interview can be intimidating.

Coop Student Interview

Anonymous Employee in Calgary, AB (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Suncor (Calgary, AB (Canada)) in April 2016.

Interview

Fairly simple. Started with the hire vue like most companies in oil and gas do these days and then an in person interview followed. I have heard that some people don't have an in person interview and just have a phone interview