Sungard Availability Services Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Sungard Availability Services Interview Questions

Updated Jul 23, 2017

2.9

Product Manager Interview

Interview

Typical steps for $1b company- starting with HR, Hiring Manager, VP then co-workers. Process took about 3 months. Don't have more to say so blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah

Senior Solutions Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Philadelphia, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 6+ months. I interviewed at Sungard Availability Services (Philadelphia, PA).

Interview

Long process - took six months plus. Interviewed with many different folks. First process is screening from recruiting. Then phone interview. Then a couple different in person interviews going up to senior management. Then a long period of waiting. Decent communication through process to keep you informed. Good to ask a lot of questions to make sure it's a good fit.

Interview Questions

• They asked about personality, team experience, technical knowledge   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Sungard Availability Services.

Interview

Started with a phone screen and ended with a moderate length in person interview. Was interviewed by the architects at the time. Nothing fancy, pretty straightforward. The interviewers were relaxed, no pressure and no air of arrogance or superiority.

Senior Manager Solutions Marketing Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Wayne, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 5+ weeks. I interviewed at Sungard Availability Services (Wayne, PA) in June 2015.

Interview

The interview was very thorough, as one would expect for a senior-level marketing position. There were four rounds of interviews: HR recruiter, hiring manager, co-workers and stakeholders, and finally an in-person interview with the VP of marketing, the HR recruiter's manager, and the hiring manager. In all, I interviewed with nine people.

At first, I was pleased to see that there had apparently been some level of coordination, as different people would ask different questions about my capabilities and my approach to solving problems. Unfortunately, with the number of interviews, after a while the questions did become fairly repetitive.

The HR recruiter and an HR coordinator were good at keeping me informed about the process until we got past the in-person interview. Then they went radio silent. After three weeks with no response to my messages, I was left to conclude that I did not get the job and moved on in my search.

Interview Questions

• This position requires an ability to handle situations that are often "in the gray" - neither black nor white. Tell us how you approach such situations and give some examples.   1 Answer
    • You have been with XYZ Corporation for quite a few years. Why are you looking now? (this question was asked by virtually every person)   1 Answer

Network Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Denver, CO

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Sungard Availability Services (Denver, CO).

Interview

Applied online through their website.

Initial Phone Screening included basic networking questions like TCP/IP stack, difference between frames and packets, what constitutes Layer-1, etc. and the interviewer answered any questions I had, regarding day-to-day job.

Face to face interview was centered around routing and switching technical questions with emphasis on BGP, OSPF, VLANs, packet flow through Layer 2 and Layer 3 devices. Also dived little bit into IPSec and GRE VPNs.

It was a good experience overall.

Operations Technician Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Sungard Availability Services (Houston, TX) in May 2015.

Interview

You go through data center security gate and give id then walk up to the suite for Sungard AS. You take a seat in conference room and here is where the interview takes place.

Interview Questions

• Most questions are about you previous jobs and what did you accomplish there. Then the rest of the questions are about how you showed Sungard AS values at previous jobs. He went through the Sungard AS values and a response on the need to be given.   Answer Question

Software Development Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Ramon, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Sungard Availability Services (San Ramon, CA) in March 2015.

Interview

Interview process was quick and simple. I was contacted to check my availability and a hangout call was setup with the entire team. Later was contacted with the HR for a brief overview of availability. The interview took correct time as was planned and the HR who setup the meeting was available for any changes or questions

Interview Questions

• I was asked on basic JAVA, Javascript questions and about my projects that I put on resume.   Answer Question

Junior Business Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Sungard Availability Services.

Interview

Applied online and the process took a week. We didn't proceed further on the phone once I told her I need sponsorship and unfortunately they don't offer sponsorship due to lack of funds. However, the HR lady was very nice on the phone and she will keep my resume in the data in case anything changes.

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Sungard Availability Services.

Interview

When I was hired submitted resume, background check, talked with dept mgr, called back for face to face and hired. From start to finish was about 30 days. Drug test. Interview with dept mgr then his director. Very smooth process. On boarding was very minimal that could be better done. Training for SunGard culture is nearly non-existing.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Very easy. They made an offer I asked for more. They gave me 75% of the difference. Negotiated longer vacation time.

Account Executive Interview

Anonymous Employee in Wayne, PA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Sungard Availability Services (Wayne, PA) in January 2015.

Interview

The interviews themselves were casual, but the duration to hire is lengthy. Initial phone interview, then face to face sessions (two total). Office is drab, but lively. Seems to be opportunity for advancement.

Interview Questions

• What do you know about our products?
      What motivates you to perform at your peak?
      How would your colleagues describe you?   Answer Question