Sungard Availability Services Interview Questions in Wayne, PA | Glassdoor

2.8

13 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Account Executive Interview

Anonymous Employee in Wayne, PA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Sungard Availability Services (Wayne, PA) in March 2016.

Interview

Great interviews - first went through HR, and she was outstanding. Met Managers - would have like to see work floor though. The atmosphere seems great - I am concerned though it could be overwhelming to work here.

Interview Questions

• All the basics - particularly how I performed at other orgs.   1 Answer

Negotiation

I will see - hoping to.

Senior Manager Solutions Marketing Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Wayne, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 5+ weeks. I interviewed at Sungard Availability Services (Wayne, PA) in June 2015.

Interview

The interview was very thorough, as one would expect for a senior-level marketing position. There were four rounds of interviews: HR recruiter, hiring manager, co-workers and stakeholders, and finally an in-person interview with the VP of marketing, the HR recruiter's manager, and the hiring manager. In all, I interviewed with nine people.

At first, I was pleased to see that there had apparently been some level of coordination, as different people would ask different questions about my capabilities and my approach to solving problems. Unfortunately, with the number of interviews, after a while the questions did become fairly repetitive.

The HR recruiter and an HR coordinator were good at keeping me informed about the process until we got past the in-person interview. Then they went radio silent. After three weeks with no response to my messages, I was left to conclude that I did not get the job and moved on in my search.

Interview Questions

• This position requires an ability to handle situations that are often "in the gray" - neither black nor white. Tell us how you approach such situations and give some examples.   1 Answer
    • You have been with XYZ Corporation for quite a few years. Why are you looking now? (this question was asked by virtually every person)   1 Answer

Account Executive Interview

Anonymous Employee in Wayne, PA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Sungard Availability Services (Wayne, PA) in January 2015.

Interview

The interviews themselves were casual, but the duration to hire is lengthy. Initial phone interview, then face to face sessions (two total). Office is drab, but lively. Seems to be opportunity for advancement.

Interview Questions

• What do you know about our products?
      What motivates you to perform at your peak?
      How would your colleagues describe you?   Answer Question

Director Service Management Interview

Anonymous Employee in Wayne, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Sungard Availability Services (Wayne, PA) in April 2014.

Interview

Three Phone interviews
    Two Face to Face interviews - Each slowly moving up the Sungard AS organization structure.
    Questions were 50% work related and 50% off the wall to see how I reacted and handled the situation.

Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Wayne, PA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Sungard Availability Services (Wayne, PA) in June 2013.

Interview

Call with the future manager first, followed by multi-person interview with the team. Face to face interview with the manager again. Some skill/personality questions and a brain-teaser to see thinking process. It surprised me to interview with five future coworkers at once, but was useful to get a sense of the people I'd be working with.

Technical Account Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Wayne, PA

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Sungard Availability Services (Wayne, PA) in February 2013.

Interview

Spoke with the hiring manager off-the-bat, went through HR & legal and the process was done inside a month. Overall the interview was more about my soft-skills than my technical background.

Interview Questions

• Describe your most recent experience architecting a complex technical solution and your specific role.   Answer Question

Vice President of Sales Interview

Anonymous Employee in Wayne, PA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Sungard Availability Services (Wayne, PA) in April 2012.

Interview

Thorough process but moved along quickly. In general very respectful process which provided a clear understanding of the role and responsibilities. The meetings in advance of the hire gave me a opportunity to gain a view into the culture of the company, their value proposition, and how they believed they were competing successfully vs. their largest competitors at the time like IBM.

Interview Questions

• questions focused on understanding of the business model, particularly around managed services and disaster recovery.   1 Answer

Junior Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Wayne, PA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Sungard Availability Services (Wayne, PA) in February 2012.

Interview

It's a very typical process. I applied online, and a few weeks later I received a phone call from a HR person. This person will then setup an phone interview with the hiring manager. The phone interview with the hiring manager was straightforward. He will ask you one statistics question: what is r-squared. Very simple. After you'll be invited to an in-person interview. For the in-person interview, you will first meet with the same HR person you initially spoken with in the lobby where he just interviews with you there; which is really odd. Then you're taken to a conference room to interview with the hiring manager. The hiring manager asks you to rate your interest in seven different job roles. After, they bring in 4 analyst all at once to speak with you. No hard questions were asked.

Overall easy process. They use outside recruiters as well and interview many candidates.

Service Delivery Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Wayne, PA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Sungard Availability Services (Wayne, PA) in February 2012.

Interview

The interview process can be a little slow compared to other companies but it is for good reason. Because an SDM works accross multiple towers and at an Executive level, there are many opinions that come into play during the interview process. The ability to be patient during this interview process will also show how patient you can be once in the door.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time that you worked conveying technical information to a nontechnical audience. Because we work with DR Coorindators often they may not be as technical as we are or the teams we work with daily. They need to understand how to manage the information we present to ensure the technical teams understand the requirements of our requests.   1 Answer

Negotiation

Sat down with the hiring manager and presented my pay expectation based on the level of work invovled after the interview. I actually undervalued myself and he offered more than expected.

Senior Storage Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Wayne, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Sungard Availability Services (Wayne, PA) in August 2010.

Interview

Everything is done over the phone. The process is easy as none of the interviewers seem technical. HR takes forever to complete the deal once selected. There are multiple simple phone interviews. They seem desperate to get any candidates with experience so if you know stuff you are good to go. Always ask for an extra weeks vacation you will get it. Ask for a higher end salary they are desperate for employees due to their awful reputation for treating engineers poorly.