Sungevity Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Sungevity Interview Questions

Interviews at Sungevity

2.7

Anonymous Employee in Hartford, CT

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Sungevity (Hartford, CT) in August 2015.

Interview

Sat down with my manager and discussed the job, he answered all my questions. We went and knocked on doors for an hour. He said I did great and offered me the job

Interview Questions

• How much experience do you have selling things door to door?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Kansas City, MO

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Sungevity (Kansas City, MO) in January 2015.

Interview

It was an interview with two managers. We talked about my past experience. Then we did a mock call. The most important part was over coming objections and asking for the business. Since my interview, I believe the process has changed.

Interview Questions

• Doing a sales script. I personally did a ton of research on how to sell solar before I had my interview. It helped a lot.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Oakland, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Sungevity (Oakland, CA) in September 2015.

Interview

Very breif and easy, done online, it wasn't a problem, overall very easy and quick. It wasn't difficul at all, wanted the job and was offered the job in no time at all.

Solar Consultant Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Sungevity.

Interview

They acted very quickly. I submitted a cover letter as well as a resume. They asked several questions about your sales experience. They are looking for teachable and energetic people. Wear orange for your interview!

Interview Questions

• Pick an item you hate. Tell me why you hate it. Sell it to me.   Answer Question

Solar Consultant Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Sungevity.

Interview

I had a phone screen with a recruiter and then was called in for an in person interview. The in person was a round table with 3-4 Sungevity employees.

Interview Questions

• Describe any situation where you were challenged as a sales person.   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Oakland, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Sungevity (Oakland, CA) in March 2015.

Interview

I interviewed with the VP of Sales, it was about 30 minutes in his office, he was busy, but gradually, as I made my case and described my experience, the balance of power shifted and he was selling me on the company rather than me selling myself as a candidate

Anonymous Employee in Kansas City, MO

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Sungevity (Kansas City, MO) in March 2015.

Interview

Lots of role playing for sales and conversational questions. Can be difficult if you aren't confident and prepared. There are not any cookie cutter questions, but rather questions to see if you are a good fit for Sungevity's culture and have the sales knowledge and ability in order to tell if you have the potential to be successful.

Interview Questions

• Describe your perfect sandwich, down to the very last detail.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Oakland, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Sungevity (Oakland, CA) in February 2013.

Interview

Consistent of role playing and sales questions. Good hands on interviews and overall a decent interview. Two hiring managers decided the job. The format was conducive to getting to know the management as well.

.NET Architect Interview

Anonymous Employee in Oakland, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Sungevity (Oakland, CA) in October 2015.

Interview

There were three guys including my future boss, colleague and the chief architect, who left the company just in a week or two after my interview. I was not asked anything too complex, just a few basic questions. I guess, that was because there were no guys with an advanced knowledge of .NET.

Interview Questions

• The questions were very basic, something about .NET.
      They also asked me to provide some code that I've written on previous jobs.   1 Answer

IT Helpdesk Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Oakland, CA

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Sungevity (Oakland, CA) in June 2013.

Interview

I had to be especially persistent to even get my foot in the door by contacting the company by phone directly as so many applicants had applied and the window for applying closed within about a few days. Went through 3 separate phases of interviews with different personnel which took about a 3-4 hours. Depending on who was interviewing me, I was either asked more technical questions or they were trying to assess whether I fit in culturally with the company and my potential future peers and manager. Neither was particularly difficult except that I hadn't been in an interview in quite some time so I was a little bit rusty which probably led to the end result which is I didn't get hired which was OK.

However, what irked me what they didn't even bother to notify me which was really upsetting. A simple email saying they had moved on would have been proper etiquette and would have allowed me cloture, but instead not receiving any further notification after several attempts, I was left to feel awkward and unsettled. Very unprofessional.

Interview Questions

• Telecom: Describe a T1 Trunk line
      Imaging: Describe the process of managing a desktop image and what you used
      Describe the boot process of a Windows machine   Answer Question