Sungevity Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Sungevity Interview Questions

Interviews at Sungevity

2.7

Intern - Hourly Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Sungevity in December 2015.

Interview

There were 3 separate interviews. The first was a skype with a HR Recruiter, then a ohone interview with the person who would be overseeing me, and finally a phone call with the head of the department.

Intern - Hourly Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Sungevity (Chicago, IL) in January 2016.

Interview

I had two interviews. The first interview was a short phone interview with a recruiter. The next interview was about a half hour interview with their head of human resources. Overall the experience was very positive. Both people were very friendly and willing to answer all of my questions. They asked about my previous work experience as well as other behavioral interview questions. Shortly after, about a day later, I was offered the position. Very quick turn around!

Interview Questions

Negotiation

No negotiating

Accounts Payable Clerk Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Oakland, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 days. I interviewed at Sungevity (Oakland, CA) in September 2011.

Interview

There was a telephone interview and I was invited in to interview with 3 individuals. I was treated nicely and was impressed with all I encountered in the process.

They asked intelligent questions and I believe their interview process is effective and efficient, wasting no one's time.

Administrative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Oakland, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Sungevity (Oakland, CA) in August 2015.

Interview

I applied online and was contacted within a day for an over-the-phone interview with a recruiter. After speaking with the recruiter I was scheduled for an in-person panel interview with 3 members. he interview lasted a little over an hour, they asked the basic interview questions you can find online. You should know the company's mission, have a basic understanding of their work culture, and be peppered to explain how you would fit in. They're a startup company so there's no need to wear a suit. Everyone was really nice

Anonymous Employee in Oakland, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Sungevity (Oakland, CA) in January 2013.

Interview

Sungevity hires really well - they look to ensure that you have the necessary (transferable) skills, have a passion for solar and for helping people and that culturally you'd make a good fit.

I didn't get the feeling they were trying to ask me any "gotcha" questions, rather, they genuinely wanted to hear about my experience, background, interest and motivations.

Interview Questions

• Describe, step-by-step, some action in a detailed fashion.   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Oakland, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Sungevity (Oakland, CA) in February 2013.

Interview

Started with a phone screening to understand background and basic qualifications. Came in for an interview which lasted about 45 minutes. No questions out of the ordinary. Did some customer service based role plays. At the time, I interviewed with the HR hiring director and the VP of sales - the process today has been adjusted (I am not quite sure what it is, though).

Interview Questions

• Plan a vacation based on a set criteria for the customer   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Kansas City, MO

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Sungevity (Kansas City, MO) in December 2014.

Interview

I went through a phone screening and was asked what I knew about Sungevity. I explained to them my experience and mentioned my interest in the solar industry. We talked a bit about the training process, approximately what base salary was as well as the relative amount I could expect with commission in annual dollars. I have since been asked for a second phone interview.

Interview Questions

• I was asked to describe one position I was in that I took the most pride in. It did not have to be a job, just something you enjoyed being involved in and why.   1 Answer

Assistant Controller Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Oakland, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Sungevity (Oakland, CA) in January 2016.

Interview

Get a call from a recruiter who tried to gather all information up front. Then they will pass on your information to hiring manager who will evaluate your resume whether or not you are qualified for the job.

Assistant Controller Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Oakland, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Sungevity (Oakland, CA) in January 2016.

Interview

I had a phone interview which went well.
    Said I was to schedule an interview with the hiring manager.
    The sungevity delayed and rescheduled 2 times, then said that the position was canceled.
    Very unprofessional.

Summer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Sungevity in January 2016.

Interview

Submitted the application and after that I didn't hear back from anyone for about three weeks. The application didn't have a point of contact for me to follow up with so I didn't know how to make sure my application was received. I connect with people on the HR team at Sungevity and was granted an interview and I got the position.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a good boss you've had in the past and one that maybe was not so good.   Answer Question