Sungevity Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Interviews at Sungevity

2.7

Floor Sales Interview

Anonymous Employee in Riverside, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Sungevity (Riverside, CA) in June 2015.

Interview

They first start with a phone screen that lasts roughly 45 minutes. They make sure that your personality suits that of a sales associate, so I would only recommend applying if you have a type A personality and are extroverted.

After you pass the phone screen, they have you go to a location and teach you how to use the sales equipment on the spot. You will then spend the next hour trying to find customers that are interested in the product. If you can get a couple people to sign up, this will make you look highly capable of being employed.

Interview Questions

• Tell us how you used sales skills to push a product to a less than convinced customer.   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Oakland, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Sungevity (Oakland, CA) in December 2010.

Interview

For sales, there were minimal questions. Sungevity seems to hire sales people with minimal experience so I never saw the "tough question" that are typical in other organizations that expect expertise . If you have any sales or solar experience you have a leg up. They've beefed up their HR team so maybe this has changed. Most people that came through when I was there had no solar experience. You can stand out by reading the website, the company blog and doing some simple Google searching.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

If you have sales or solar experience, provide your salary history and demonstrate why your abilities are worth more than they offered.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Oakland, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Sungevity (Oakland, CA) in May 2015.

Interview

It included typical sales interview questions, nothing out of the ordinary. Just do your homework on researching the company and know, understand the job description. Wear orange and be high-energy.

Anonymous Employee in Berlin, NJ

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Sungevity (Berlin, NJ) in August 2015.

Interview

Was done face to face at coffee shop. No real interview they need bodies. Was a discussion of the job, benefits hours, family life. Was I currently employed. Do I know the area, Familiar with solar energy. Do I have reliable car. when can you start.

Interview Questions

• Have you ever sold door to door. Can you work 29 hours a week.   1 Answer

Sales Consultant Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Sungevity.

Interview

Bad experience. No follow up, no responses, weeks with no contact. very poor experience overall. waste of time. too busy to get back to applicants. No respect of anything. I really recommend against applying for this company. They seem to be trying to figure out their whole business.

Anonymous Employee in Kansas City, MO

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a week. I interviewed at Sungevity (Kansas City, MO).

Interview

Very relaxed, straight forward, and efficient.
    - You'll have a phone interview first; making sure you're a normal person with a personality and interpersonal communications skills.
    -Then you'll have an interview in person. You'll be told ahead of time by the Hiring Coordinator what to expect, what to prep for, and what they want you to have ready. DO THIS.. if you don't it show's you can't follow thru with a minuscule task and looks incredibly bad on your half.

Interview Questions

• Not going to hand it to you; you've got to be prepared and EARN the position thru your own knowledge, readiness, and tenacity.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Kansas City, MO

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Sungevity (Kansas City, MO) in March 2016.

Interview

Very standard sales interview. Don’t be surprised if you have a great interview selling yourself and at the very end, you’re told “thank you, but I just don’t think this is the right fit for you”. They could be telling the truth, or they could be giving you the final test to sell yourself. Seeing that you will be told no repeatedly on a daily basis from potential customers, this is an opportunity for them to see how you handle it.

Interview Questions

• What if I told you, I don’t think you would be a good fit in this role?   Answer Question

Sales Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Kansas City, MO

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Sungevity (Kansas City, MO).

Interview

Great down to earth friendly staff. Everyone was very nice and sincere. Awesome group of people. I would recommend anyone looking for a great place to work to try out Sungevity.

Sales Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Oakland, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Sungevity (Oakland, CA).

Interview

Sent resume online and was contacted by the HR Manager for a phone interview the next week. Phone interview was about 30 min and covered everything but the job duties, when asked what the "key attributes" they where looking for she listed verbatim the qualifications on the job posting?? Great, so lets talk about how my past work experience, skill sets, and successes make me a good candidate for the next step... Blah, Blah.. She indicated they would make a decision in the next week or so and get back to her. I followed up with two emails and still no response to either. It is ok if they choose to move forward with a candidate, but please be professional and respond with a... Thank you, however we have found another candidate.. This type of unprofessional pattern seems to be the new norm these days, I over it.

Inside Sales Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Oakland, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Sungevity (Oakland, CA) in February 2013.

Interview

20 minute phone screen. Interviewer was 45 minutes late to the screening, but I waited patiently. Interviewer didn't even apologize but asked if I wanted to reschedule which obviously I went ahead with the interview. Maybe a test, i dont know. Definitely a scripted interview, loaded questions about my bio and what do i know about solar..bla bla. I proceeded to answer the question with alot of thought and from the heart, just trying to be myself and expecting follow up questions from the interviewer but it was like talking to a wall. No rapport at all, cold and dry. Guess my interviewer woke up on the wrong side of the bed that day.

Its a real shame because for a company that prides itself in customer service and being green, and all that excitement., BUT my interviewer was straight business. Just going through the motions.

Asked for the close, or "what are the next steps?" And the interviewer asked for my schedule for an in-person interview. (which lead me to believe I was passed through to round #2) However, a few days after later they contacted my recruiter and told me they passed with no explanation. Weird.

Interview Questions

• The role play. Pretend that I am calling in for the first time.   1 Answer