Sungevity Solar Consultant Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Sungevity Solar Consultant Interview Questions

Interviews at Sungevity

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Oakland, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Sungevity (Oakland, CA) in June 2011.

Interview

Applied online and had a quick 20-30 minute phone screen with HR to see mostly if I was a good personality and culture fit. They basically wanted to check if I was a fun person and someone who cared about the environment. Then I conducted

Interview Questions

• Describe any simple activity and be as detailed as possible in how to execute this task.   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Sungevity

Anonymous Employee in Kansas City, MO

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Sungevity (Kansas City, MO) in February 2016.

Interview

There was a 25 minutes screening call with HR. They then set up an interview with the sales manager and sales director for later that week. I was offered employment after the second interview.

Interview Questions

• Sell me an item of your choice.   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Sungevity (New York, NY) in July 2015.

Interview

phone interview, nice lady, trying to convinve you to work for them. wanted to see if you could handle rejections, a lot of rejection. wanted to see your background in sales,

Anonymous Employee in Kansas City, MO

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Sungevity (Kansas City, MO) in February 2015.

Interview

No BS. Straight to the point. Required to read script and sell yourself. You are given some objections you need to get through, and ask questions. The interviewers were very honest about their expectations and what they require. There was no confusion going in or leaving the interview. I liked how they did not ask the cliché interview questions, they only asked things that pertain to what you will do at this job.

Interview Questions

• "Customer wants to talk to spouse, what do you do?"   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Oakland, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Sungevity (Oakland, CA) in March 2013.

Interview

First there's a phone interview, pretty straightforward common questions, there is a "sell me solar" questions you should prepare for. After coming to the office it was two managers who put you through a series of role-plays and have you describe how to do something.

Interview Questions

• Do you think it's better to get a lot of training, or do your own thing?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Kansas City, MO

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Sungevity (Kansas City, MO) in February 2016.

Interview

After the initial ~hour long phone interview with Sungevity HR, I earned an in person interview with two of the sales managers. The phone interview was very in depth which included some role playing to assess quick thinking, sales skills, and overcoming objections. HR was very informative and laid out the full description of duties and expectations of the role. I knew what I was getting into moving forward and felt like there were no surprises.

The in person interview was between me and two of the sales managers and lasted about an hour as well. They challenged me asking interesting and thought provoking questions about my background and life experiences. There was also multiple forms of role playing, including selling them something that I was very knowledgeable on, and also closing them on a solar system which I of course was not very knowledgeable on. A lot of research and preparation helped me out big time there. They both had very good critique after each role play where they mentioned my strengths and areas I could have had better delivery.

Honestly it was one of the coolest interviews I've ever had. Very relaxed and conversational, felt comfortable and enjoyed my time with both of them. Interestingly, I had about 8 detailed questions prepared, and throughout the interview, during their explanations of the role and business, nearly every question was answered before we even got to the Q&A finish.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time in your life where you were in an extremely competitive situation? After I answered and described it, they asked if I found myself winning often in these situations? I found that question awesome. There is a definite difference between hating to lose, and loving to win. I was raised with the notion that winning is FUN! Having a super competitive father has shaped my personality for the better no doubt, especially when it comes to the sales world.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Hartford, CT

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Sungevity (Hartford, CT) in August 2015.

Interview

Sat down with my manager and discussed the job, he answered all my questions. We went and knocked on doors for an hour. He said I did great and offered me the job

Interview Questions

• How much experience do you have selling things door to door?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Kansas City, MO

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Sungevity (Kansas City, MO) in January 2015.

Interview

It was an interview with two managers. We talked about my past experience. Then we did a mock call. The most important part was over coming objections and asking for the business. Since my interview, I believe the process has changed.

Interview Questions

• Doing a sales script. I personally did a ton of research on how to sell solar before I had my interview. It helped a lot.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Oakland, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Sungevity (Oakland, CA) in September 2015.

Interview

Very breif and easy, done online, it wasn't a problem, overall very easy and quick. It wasn't difficul at all, wanted the job and was offered the job in no time at all.

Solar Consultant Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Sungevity.

Interview

They acted very quickly. I submitted a cover letter as well as a resume. They asked several questions about your sales experience. They are looking for teachable and energetic people. Wear orange for your interview!

Interview Questions

• Pick an item you hate. Tell me why you hate it. Sell it to me.   Answer Question