Sungevity Solar Consultant Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Sungevity Solar Consultant Interview Questions

Interviews at Sungevity

Anonymous Employee in Kansas City, MO

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Sungevity (Kansas City, MO) in February 2016.

Interview

After the initial ~hour long phone interview with Sungevity HR, I earned an in person interview with two of the sales managers. The phone interview was very in depth which included some role playing to assess quick thinking, sales skills, and overcoming objections. HR was very informative and laid out the full description of duties and expectations of the role. I knew what I was getting into moving forward and felt like there were no surprises.

The in person interview was between me and two of the sales managers and lasted about an hour as well. They challenged me asking interesting and thought provoking questions about my background and life experiences. There was also multiple forms of role playing, including selling them something that I was very knowledgeable on, and also closing them on a solar system which I of course was not very knowledgeable on. A lot of research and preparation helped me out big time there. They both had very good critique after each role play where they mentioned my strengths and areas I could have had better delivery.

Honestly it was one of the coolest interviews I've ever had. Very relaxed and conversational, felt comfortable and enjoyed my time with both of them. Interestingly, I had about 8 detailed questions prepared, and throughout the interview, during their explanations of the role and business, nearly every question was answered before we even got to the Q&A finish.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time in your life where you were in an extremely competitive situation? After I answered and described it, they asked if I found myself winning often in these situations? I found that question awesome. There is a definite difference between hating to lose, and loving to win. I was raised with the notion that winning is FUN! Having a super competitive father has shaped my personality for the better no doubt, especially when it comes to the sales world.   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Sungevity

Anonymous Employee in Kansas City, MO

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Sungevity (Kansas City, MO) in February 2015.

Interview

No BS. Straight to the point. Required to read script and sell yourself. You are given some objections you need to get through, and ask questions. The interviewers were very honest about their expectations and what they require. There was no confusion going in or leaving the interview. I liked how they did not ask the cliché interview questions, they only asked things that pertain to what you will do at this job.

Interview Questions

• "Customer wants to talk to spouse, what do you do?"   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Oakland, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Sungevity (Oakland, CA) in March 2013.

Interview

First there's a phone interview, pretty straightforward common questions, there is a "sell me solar" questions you should prepare for. After coming to the office it was two managers who put you through a series of role-plays and have you describe how to do something.

Interview Questions

• Do you think it's better to get a lot of training, or do your own thing?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Kansas City, MO

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Sungevity (Kansas City, MO) in February 2016.

Interview

There was a 25 minutes screening call with HR. They then set up an interview with the sales manager and sales director for later that week. I was offered employment after the second interview.

Interview Questions

• Sell me an item of your choice.   1 Answer